RIZIN TRIGGER 2nd

February 23rd, 2022.
- Rizin cage will be revealed.

Koike Erbst vs Ulka Sasaki
Yamamoto Sora vs Nii Suguru
Kato Kenji vs Kuramoto Kazuma

- Landmark event in March.

Sora Yamamoto is a son of Kenichi Yamamoto, winner of UFC Japan tournament in 1999. Ken Yamamoto fought for UFC welterweight championship against Pat Militech and before Anderson Silva signed with zuffa, Joe Silva considered him as the next challenger for Rich Franklin's UFC middleweight title.

Wow. Kleber vs Sasaki is not a bad main event at all. Though it's hard to imagine Kleber losing.

Kuramoto vs Yamaniha was one of the best fights from the GP last year. Great to see him returning.

Hard to imagine Sasaki used to fight as a Flyweight when you look at him stood next to Koike.

Trigger 2 and Landmark 2 fight announcements.

After seeing the fight announcements, seems like these fights will definitely be anchoring the card.

Ren Hiramoto x Chihiro Suzuki was also announced for Landmark 002

Wow. Kleber vs Sasaki is not a bad main event at all. Though it's hard to imagine Kleber losing.

It's hard to doubt koike's confidence. But when they fight full rounds, koike is 2-3 and sasaki is 9-3. Koike doesn't have high level wrestling which fairly explains the difference.

It's hard to doubt koike's confidence. But when they fight full rounds, koike is 2-3 and sasaki is 9-3. Koike doesn't have high level wrestling which fairly explains the difference.
This is one of the strangest things I have ever read.

Kleber has one of the best finishing rates in all of MMA (>95% finish rate in the last decade), and has never been finished in his entire career. In the last decade, he's lost twice. One of those losses he avenged, and the other was to a guy who is ranked in the UFC right now with a ton of momentum.

The fact that Sasaki has a better record relating to fights going to a decision is simply a reflection of the fact that Sasaki gets finished more often than Kleber, and the fact that Kleber is the far better finisher.

There's no doubt koike is a world class bjj fighter and I'm hoping he'll submit sasaki to remain undefeated in rizin until asakura meets him in a rematch. I said "submit" because if the fight goes the distance, sasaki's chance would be greater than 55% due to wrestler's advantage. Their MMA records clearly support my point. Thank you.

Can you travel to Japan now as a foreigners? As you know many countries in Europe have no restrictions.

Back