[RIZIN] Takeru and Hiroya are participating in RIZIN

Karaev fan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
K-1 Japan is cooperating with RIZIN and sending over Takeru and Hiroya.

http://cdn.efight.jp/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/1208_rizin_09-250x166.jpg

Two cards set
- HIROYA vs Nishimura 'Wicky' Akio
- Takeru vs Yang Min (some Chinese MT fighter)

Pity they didn't get Takeru vs Nasukawa Tenshin. RIZIN seems to be getting a bit of bashing by the local fans for failing there.

Oh also, Bob Sapp vs Akebono II is gonna be under shootboxing rules. :icon_lol:

Hiroya had decent talent, but never seemed to make the expected transition from the youngsters to the adult ranks.

my boy Nagashima ready to clean the floor with Souwer.

Cool, I'll watch it. Dont care about the Sapp vs Akebono thing, I think it will be quite cringeworthy, but hey, if it sells there in Japan then I guess its a wise move from them.

I hope Nagashima gets Kraused. Andy better mock him post fight.

Why is Hiroya still being pushed like he's a star? Do people in Japan even care about him? I feel like they could have made a better choice.

Takeru on the other hand is awesome.

When are we going to see takeru vs a high level thai? I thought this would have been the perfect time to have him face someone like pranjanchai

Also screw hiroya they should have used one of the urabe brothers!

I am pumped for the nagashima vs souwer under mma rules thou

I hope Nagashima gets Kraused. Andy better mock him post fight.

no! nagashima forever has my heart after that farce of a mixed rule bout with aoki. His reaction to winning and the video of him in the dressing room swearing never to fight mma again because he got extremely nervous. He psyched himself out because he just knew going into it aoki was going to break his arm. He made me a fan for life that night

This event has made me remember just how kick ass those shockwave and dynamite events once were. If only the ufc could see the benefit and added interest having guys fight that are stars in other combat sports. I had just about completely lost all interest in mma these last couple of years and even thou this rizin card is nothing compared to what it once was but it has somehow rejuvenated my interest in the sport. Somewhere along the lines the ufc forgot the entertainment aspect also that the Japanese just inherently understand

yes cool sapp vs akebono and fedor against some can ???

i dont expect too much from this event, hopefully it will then deliver

K-1 Japan is cooperating with RIZIN and sending over Takeru and Hiroya.

http://cdn.efight.jp/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/1208_rizin_09-250x166.jpg

Two cards set
- HIROYA vs Nishimura 'Wicky' Akio
- Takeru vs Yang Min (some Chinese MT fighter)

Pity they didn't get Takeru vs Nasukawa Tenshin. RIZIN seems to be getting a bit of bashing by the local fans for failing there.

Oh also, Bob Sapp vs Akebono II is gonna be under shootboxing rules. :icon_lol:

It is traditional new years eve event, so it is all about showcase fight.

Takeru vs Tenshin has great hype among hardcore fans but it is all about selling
to casuals here.

It is traditional new years eve event, so it is all about showcase fight.

Takeru vs Tenshin has great hype among hardcore fans but it is all about selling
to casuals here.

casuals from 2003? (sapp vs akebono)

Good showing from the K-1 fighters!

Good effort from Aerts!

press conference:

[YT]WUI8Y07HsyI[/YT]

Why is Hiroya still being pushed like he's a star? Do people in Japan even care about him? I feel like they could have made a better choice.

Takeru on the other hand is awesome.

HIROYA's still a B-tier celebrity in Japan. He received quite the push back in the late FEG days and a lot of casuals still remember Masato Jr. Too bad his celebrity didn't rub off on Urabe and Noiri when they murked him.

Takeru vs Tenshin has great hype among hardcore fans but it is all about selling to casuals here.

True, but Tenshin's fans have taken to jeering Takeru during his fights. Would have been a good chance to shut them up.

Is Hiroya good? I like Wicky but idk how his skills translate at kickboxing. Hell he's not really that good at mma but I like him.

Hiroya shows flashes of great skill but is incredibly inconsistent and very beatable. Not sure about his opponent though.

Hiroya shows flashes of great skill but is incredibly inconsistent and very beatable. Not sure about his opponent though.

Unconventional striking that leads to poor d. Never really seen him rocked though so the chin backs him up. I don't really think he'd be great at kickboxing.

Andy Souwer trained Jose for the Conor fight, and we saw what happened.
Yuichiro will destroy Andy Souwer.

aerts looks roided up as hell. I know this is a reaon to get banned or get dubs, but come on. if he isn't on something than I don't know what's going on
So you know this is a reason to get banned or dubbed but lets toss it up anyway? Smart.

This thread is all jumbled up, da fuck?

Anyways, Andy Souwer looked fantastic and showed some great MMA skill as well, besides landing himself in a couple unfavorable positions by mistake.

Loved how he defended the stomp with an intercepting up kick, then immediately popped up and threw a head kick.

So you know this is a reason to get banned or dubbed but lets toss it up anyway? Smart.
i know it's a reason to get banned if ya accuse a fighter of doping without evidence/failed ped test, but the testing in the freakshow fights in japan is a joke. the obvious signs are there but it's still no 100% evidence, i realise that

but it also kills any debate on the matter because in alot of countries there is no testing. a +40 year old in that physical shape and weird body colour fighting in japan, makes me feel suspicious is all

i only said 'he looks roided up as hell, never said he actually took aynthing or judged him. ped's or not, i think it's sad he can't stay retired, enough is enough

whats crazy is how well Aerts physically looked. That is also with him being retired and taking the fight on 5 days notice so he didn't even have a training camp to get in shape. He did much better than i expected and even went for 2 submissions and swept the sumo from guard.

I am sad for Jinotsu nagashima but Sower really surprised me also with his win.

Rena's flying armor was nice and I think she has a real bright future in mma. Given another year to 18 months of dedicated training and she has a decent shot to beat joanna j the ufc 115 pound champion

Takeru looked good as always when facing guys not on his level.

Takeru is now the hero of the Twitter clique combat sports (MMA and kickboxing) fans.

Certainly fun to watch, but I doubt super bantamweight kickboxing has any kind of depth. Bring in some real fighters for him.

Last edited:
Yeah, he pretty much carries the weight division right now.

Back