Rizin really missed a better long term promotion opportunity.

It would be a good time to end whatever differences they have with K-1 and start getting Takeru involved. There are a lot of eyes on Tenshin now...
Takeru is such a killer. I’ve been following him since his early Krush days.

Tenshin will have a lot of eyes on him in his next fight because this because he will be known as the guy, perception wise, as the guy who threw a fight against Floyd Mayweather. Even it wasn't true and people will follow Tenshin, as long as he keeps winning and stays relevant, because of his Floyd Mayweather fight.

He did not throw the fight against Floyd. He got beat down.

Takeru/Tenshin NEEDS to happen. It would do amazing business.

I'd like to see this fight as well. Plus, Gooch vs. either DJ, Dillashaw, or Cejudo. He is now the best BW so the others should be looking to get a crack at him.

Takeru/Tenshin NEEDS to happen. It would do amazing business.
It wouldn't work.

Tenshin is RIZIN/RISE posterboy. Takeru is K-1 posterboy. Both sides would not risk their biggest star losing. K-1 wanted to sign Tenshin exclusively to make it happen but he is not a fan of exclusive contracts

I'd like to see this fight as well. Plus, Gooch vs. either DJ, Dillashaw, or Cejudo. He is now the best BW so the others should be looking to get a crack at him.
<{Heymansnicker}>

Are you guys
Serious?

Millions of people know what Rizin is. That was the goal.

It’s a pretty big deal that an mma promotion got the most well known biggest drawing fighter of all time to fight on their card.

Yeah it’s boxing and an exhibition. Ya know. Just like they said.
So you got the biggest prizefighter in the world boxing Japan’s biggest star in a real fight that doesn’t go on eithers record.
And mma fans whine about it.

That’s all modern mma fans do is complain about everything.
It’s a fun fight enjoy it You negative motherfuckers.

The exposure that fight brought is invaluable to Rizin.

Are you guys
Serious?

Millions of people know what Rizin is. That was the goal.

It’s a pretty big deal that an mma promotion got the most well known biggest drawing fighter of all time to fight on their card.

Yeah it’s boxing and an exhibition. Ya know. Just like they said.
So you got the biggest prizefighter in the world boxing Japan’s biggest star in a real fight that doesn’t go on eithers record.
And mma fans whine about it.

That’s all modern mma fans do is complain about everything.
It’s a fun fight enjoy it You negative motherfuckers.

The exposure that fight brought is invaluable to Rizin.

So they know what it is. Did they watch it? Did they become fans? Will they watch it again, without Floyd being there?

Unless the answer to all three is a resounding yes, then it wasn’t worth it. Seeing as they didn’t even get the expected ratings in their home country, I’m leaning towards the answers being no.

BTW, Takeru is a bigger star than Tenshin.

Tenshin will have a lot of eyes on him in his next fight because this because he will be known as the guy, perception wise, as the guy who threw a fight against Floyd Mayweather. Even it wasn't true and people will follow Tenshin, as long as he keeps winning and stays relevant, because of his Floyd Mayweather fight.
Temporary buzz. Nobody will wake up at 11am to watch a low tier cheating japanese kick boxer with cherry picked opponents that just cried after fixing himself a loss.

So they know what it is. Did they watch it? Did they become fans? Will they watch it again, without Floyd being there?

Unless the answer to all three is a resounding yes, then it wasn’t worth it. Seeing as they didn’t even get the expected ratings in their home country, I’m leaning towards the answers being no.

BTW, Takeru is a bigger star than Tenshin.

I don’t know just like you don’t know.
What we know is many millions of people now know what it is.

He’s a big star in japan. That’s the point. Just like the point of is is obvious. Exposure. Millions and millions
Of new eyes.

They put on great shows with quality rules for fighting. Most mma fans only watch ufc. I’m sure many
More people talked about Rizin and watched
For the first time.

Pride had boxers that would actually take risks and fight MMA.lol

Who did that in pride? I don’t remember any boxers let alone anywhere near the level of fame and resume of Floyd.

Refresh my
Memory

Who did that in pride? I don’t remember any boxers let alone anywhere near the level of fame and resume of Floyd.

Refresh my
Memory
They had Tyson under contract, who I’d say had a bigger fan base than Floyd. His criminal history fucked all that up though, but he was at least willing. Butterbean is the main guy I was thinking of. He didn’t give a shit about kicks or takedowns. He was there to fight. Floyd likes to talk a bunch of shit like he’s down to fight kickboxing or MMA, but then backs down to protect his face and record.

They had Tyson under contract, who I’d say had a bigger fan base than Floyd. His criminal history fucked all that up though, but he was at least willing. Butterbean is the main guy I was thinking of. He didn’t give a shit about kicks or takedowns. He was there to fight. Floyd likes to talk a bunch of shit like he’s down to fight kickboxing or MMA, but then backs down to protect his face and record.

I forgot about bean. And I can’t remever him under pride banner.

Tyson was just the use of his name get some headlines . He wasn’t going to fight as far as I know.
The closest thing was Tyson was going to fight bob sapp at k1 romanex or whatever they called it. With mma rules. But that was all bs promotion as well.
Same thing as Floyd but Floyd fought under the banner.
When he was in the audience for kimo vs sapp

I could be wrong. Been along time and I’ve forgotten a lot.

Floyd is only fighting boxing. He played around and bullshitted which was obvious.
But he’s always said if he’s fighting it’s under boxing rules.

He’s his own promoter. He would never let an mma .org take the lions share of his purse. Especially at 40+

I’ve watched mma forever and I like special fights like that.
That’s how pride always did it and they had the best product. From fighters. To crazy novelty matchups. Pure entertainment

Temporary buzz. Nobody will wake up at 11am to watch a low tier cheating japanese kick boxer with cherry picked opponents that just cried after fixing himself a loss.
As long as he keeps winning after this he will get media buzz. But he has to keep winning and his opponents have to start becoming more legit for that media buzz to stay on him. Right now is a very pivotal point in his career. He has the attention, it's up to him and his handlers how it goes for him from here.

He’s not a famous kickboxer? I don’t know what or who is popular in Japan.
Just that the young men are super effeminate looking.

Kickboxing fans know him. So I guess he's somewhat famous.

Nobody else knows who the fuck he is.

Back