Rizin post GP interview - CroCop will decide future after knee evaluation

Vovchanchyn Fan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I stumbled onto this Rizin press conference from a few hours ago. It was basically the winner's only conference and towards the end CroCop showed and was asked about his next plans.

I guess the question was what he would do since he is 40 now (maybe some can translate more exactly?), which he corrected to say that he is 42 now.

Apparently he had an injured knee going into the GP and will go back and get that checked out and take a few days rest and then decide what to do.

He indicated that whatever the decision it would be for a long time (i.e. continue for much longer or retire) and would be done in only a few days from now.

Personally, I hope he retires b/c it would be at the peak of his success after winning a second GP and I'd hate to see him keep going and turn into the all to common old fighter past his prime who keeps trying...

He was also asked about Tenshin and said he felt he could become a star barring any injuries. They also took some photos together at the end for the press.
CroCop-Tenshin.jpg

Here's the presser with the link starting at the CroCop question. There are a lot of other fighters interviewed but its 98% in Japanese...but Rena and Rin are both there, Gabi, Tenshin, etc.
Rin-Rena.jpg

Last edited:
Mirko Cro Cop,what legend!!!.Hope Mirko vs Fedor 2 will happened,will be awsome :)

Looks like Cro Cop is still fighting in 2017 unless something significant happens. Here is an article from a Croatian website hours ago.... google translate btw

"I'd love to be back in Japan"
"It was primarily a psychological challenge for me. It's hard to win Rizinov belt, especially in this format. I know how hard it is and that is why I am proud, because I proved to myself I can. My body's still early, but I would be love to go back to Japan and again perform in rizin, "said Mirko and then surprised everyone:

Against King Mo I was injured , one of my middle kick ran into his elbow. The upper part of the foot I was swollen in the semi-final and final battle."

In the end, it comes once again took Sakakibara.

"Mirko is a lot of thinking about who will be his opponent after Wanderlei Silva canceled, but pointed to King Mo and accepted the offer. I appreciate it," concluded the President of rizin.

http://gol.dnevnik.hr/clanak/mma/cr...to-se-ozlijedio-protiv-king-moa---462264.html

I was about to troll by saying he should go out at the peak of his success but TS had to go and say it with sincerity and ruin my fun.

You really put a lot of stock into these amateur hour GP's, don't you.

Although I'm aware you all are terrified of him ever stepping foot in a legitimate organization again. Lol

I was about to troll by saying he should go out at the peak of his success but TS had to go and say it with sincerity and ruin my fun.

You really put a lot of stock into these amateur hour GP's, don't you.

Although I'm aware you all are terrified of him ever stepping foot in a legitimate organization again. Lol

At his age and stage in his career it's definitely an achievement but yeah let's act like King Mo and Amir are a bunch of nobody's now loool Can't say Fedor or Big Nog (retired) would get through the gp or many of the old ufc hw's who have vanished

Haha even an ignorant asshole troll with vinegar for blood can't take the shine off of this moment for CroCop and his fans. I support him no matter what he chooses to do, but he also doesn't need to prove anything to me by continuing to fight into his mid-forties. To himself? Sure, he might have lots left to prove, but to us, nope, nada.

At his age and stage in his career it's definitely an achievement but yeah let's act like King Mo and Amir are a bunch of nobody's now loool Can't say Fedor or Big Nog (retired) would get through the gp or many of the old ufc hw's who have vanished
No need to feed the trolls, they can regurgitate bile on cue... it gives them all the sustenance they need.

I say go back to the UFC for one more starching then hang em up after going back to Japan and winning an Inoki-Bom-Ye GP consisting of Bobby Ologun, Sentoryu and Yoshida (Baret).

Beat the breaks off of Fedor and ride off into the sunset.

I actually think mirko is better now then he was say 5 or 6 years ago. He's adapted much better to what his body will allow him to do.
I was really excited when he returned to the ufc and destroyed Gonzaga and it's too bad we didn't get to see how far he could of gone.
I really hope he does find a way to fight fedor but something tells me that won't ever happen or if it does, it will be so late that it just won't matter anymore.

True warrior like him will never quit.He will fight til his death,it's in his blood.Soldier of fortune..

I say go back to the UFC for one more starching then hang em up after going back to Japan and winning an Inoki-Bom-Ye GP consisting of Bobby Ologun, Sentoryu and Yoshida (Baret).

K1 GP Finalist in his early K1 career
PRIDE OWGP 2006 Champion in his prime
Competitive fight with Fedor in his prime
K1 WGP Champion at the end of his career (remember, he knocked down the current n°3 HW of Glory)
Record of knockout finishes in UFC PRIDE and Strikeforce
Record of headkick finishes
Ranked n°2 HW in his prime, the number one was Fedor, considered the greatest of all time.
RIZIN OWGP 2016 Champion at the age of 43 after multiple knee surgeries by beating the 2015 Champion by stoppage, then starching a guy that would not be allowed in UFC due to his size, and a very young, physical prime at the age of 29, Amir Aliakbari, who was undefeated 5-0

Give me the name of someone else who did accomplish such things in their early, prime, and end of career ?

Went into that tourney hurt and still pulled it off...3 times.

Hespect

K1 GP Finalist in his early K1 career
PRIDE OWGP 2006 Champion in his prime
Competitive fight with Fedor in his prime
K1 WGP Champion at the end of his career (remember, he knocked down the current n°3 HW of Glory)
Record of knockout finishes in UFC PRIDE and Strikeforce
Record of headkick finishes
Ranked n°2 HW in his prime, the number one was Fedor, considered the greatest of all time.
RIZIN OWGP 2016 Champion at the age of 43 after multiple knee surgeries by beating the 2015 Champion by stoppage, then starching a guy that would not be allowed in UFC due to his size, and a very young, physical prime at the age of 29, Amir Aliakbari, who was undefeated 5-0

Give me the name of someone else who did accomplish such things in their early, prime, and end of career ?

And as his personality goes,no contest. Humble,likeable guy but when is pist of better watch out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back