Rumored Rizin paid floyd 62 Million $ Cash + another 26 Million save+ promoter bonus! Dana broke confirmed?

Obviously MMA fighters will not get paid Floyd's money because of this event. However, what happened today showed that there are other rising (no pun intended) MMA promotions with deep pockets, and this is good news for the sport, because, once again, it chips away the UFC's monopoly on the fighters, who now have more viable options.

DJ, Alvarez went to ONE FC for 8-figures contracts.

The UFC don't have the balls to fuck with Khabib now. Let's see if they try to go with the double standards by banning his team mates while turning a blind eye on Conor and his boys... Khabib would jump ship right a way and take Conor's soul with him.
khabib can't jump ship. you know that right?

again, floyd did nothing for mma here.

If what mayweather is saying is legit then, he woulda went in there thinking its a boxing match and the Japanese would have done him dirty by having tenshin kick him

Wouldn’t be the first time it happened to an American Boxer. I just learned this week that exact thing happened to Ray Mercer.

The UFC's PPV numbers would not be affected immediately. However, UFC fighters now know that there are other options out there (e.g. Bellator, ONE FC, Rizin).

Fighters, especially someone like Khabib, know that organizations such as ONE FC and Rizin would gladly pay them big bucks for them to jump ship if the UFC play hardball (e.g. ban Khabib's team mate).

So, having more viable options out there for fighters help chip away the UFC's total control, and the less power that they have, the more they have to negotiate with fairer terms instead of dictating everything for their own benefits at the expense of the fighters and everyone else.

Those organizations want exciting fighters like Alvarez. They don’t want humpers like Kebab. Otherwise, they would have paid Askren to stay over there and fight.

Guys Floyd is not fighting at RIZIN.

The language barrier confused people as Rizin people were trying to communicate with "Floyd language" - aka money. Just turns out Floyd thought he'd make much more than they were actually willing to pay him.

khabib can't jump ship. you know that right?

again, floyd did nothing for mma here.

Of course Khabib can and would jump ship. Do you think he was bluffing Dana?

What would Dana and the UFC do to Khabib if he rips up their bullshit contract and fight for Rizin in Japan or go box with Floyd?

Those organizations want exciting fighters like Alvarez. They don’t want humpers like Kebab. Otherwise, they would have paid Askren to stay over there and fight.

Humper like Khabib?

He wrecked the UFC posterboy, Conor, and took his soul. 27-0 undefeated #1 LW in the world.

If Rizin or ONE FC have Khabib, they have the UFC's LW division by the balls.

If khabib acted like a terrorist then how did mcgregor act when gang assaulting with 40+ known hooligans a bus full of innocent family fathers?
Hey come on man, it was more like 20.

And I guess this is mainly to bring major exposure to Rizin. Seems like it could be a gamble, but Floyd's last freakshow fight did stupidly well it seems, so
<Fedor23>

Humper like Khabib?

He wrecked the UFC posterboy, Conor, and took his soul. 27-0 undefeated #1 LW in the world.

If Rizin or ONE FC have Khabib, they have the UFC's LW division by the balls.
Yeah, humper. I said it. Again, those organizations don’t want someone like Khabib, and Khabib doesn’t want them, because he’s looking for money fights now. He caught the green fever.

Yeah, humper. I said it. Again, those organizations don’t want someone like Khabib, and Khabib doesn’t want them, because he’s looking for money fights now. He caught the green fever.

Well, your opinion of Khabib does not matter. The only thing that matters is that 2.4 millions + MMA fans saw Khabib utterly destroyed Conor, and that he's the #1 undefeated UFC LW champion.

If a competitor to the UFC, such as Rizin, has Khabib, they can say that they have the best, undisputed #1 LW fighter in the world "who destroyed Conor McGregor."

Also, what makes you think Khabib can't make money in Rizin or boxing with Floyd? Isn't that the money fight his manager is looking for?

has he given any indication he would? he clearly says all he was prepared to participate in here was an exhibition boxing match.

Exactly and the jap would have pulled a shady move on him by having tenshin kick him

Dana white brocke confirmed???
I mean he had over a month to put that kind of money on the table,
and he couldnt so ... the question arrises why couldnt he put 62 million cash on the table especially after the mcg vs khabib fight?

Perhaps Dana and WME couldn't find the right match-up, or weren't willing to compromise on the rules, or didn't feel that much outlay for a Floyd appearance would be profitable, and would set a poor and unsustainable precedent for the regular UFC talent.

If this venture doesn't bankrupt Rizin, I'll be surprised. This is what every MMA startup does, making a big splash, but then they run out of money and fold, while the UFC makes comparatively smart, sustainable business decisions, to maintain and sustain their business.

The UFC doesn't need Floyd to be relevant or stay afloat. Rizin does, but it will probably kill them in the process too.

While in Japan they said yes, they get to the us send back the Yakuza money and say no.

Given the news about Floyd now not fighting, this all seems entirely not true

What would Dana and the UFC do to Khabib if he rips up their bullshit contract and fight for Rizin in Japan or go box with Floyd?

It would prevent Khabib from fighting in the USA ever again, or at a minimum for many years.

Floyd only fights in Nevada, so that is off the table. Not that its a very real possibility anyhow.

He can't make the type of PPV money in Japan he's going to get with the UFC, and the money in Japan would not be guaranteed.

Well, your opinion of Khabib does not matter. The only thing that matters is that 2.4 millions + MMA fans saw Khabib utterly destroyed Conor, and that he's the #1 undefeated UFC LW champion.

If a competitor to the UFC, such as Rizin, has Khabib, they can say that they have the best, undisputed #1 LW fighter in the world "who destroyed Conor McGregor."

Also, what makes you think Khabib can't make money in Rizin or boxing with Floyd? Isn't that the money fight his manager is looking for?
Just because those people watched him beat Conor, doesn’t mean they’re gonna come back to watch him.

Again, you overestimate the draw of Khabib.

Floyd got played.

The kids 20lbs lighter than him and he still wont fight him lol.

Anything outside of a boxing ring and Floyd gets trashed. MM would end Floyd.

You're probably still mad for betting on Conor against Floyd.

Shit sources in the op... and it turns out to be BS.

Not surprised

Except I didnt.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i-think-conor-is-gonna-finish-floyd.3597343/

This whole time I said its probably a UD decision for Floyd.

I'm picking Conor by KO/TKO or corner stoppage.

I will AV/sig bet anybody brown or above.

Thats my pic and Im willing to eat crow for it.

Conor is about to be the biggest fighter ever. I bet he finds Floyds head. I bet he gets it done.

I will 100% say I was wrong. I have no issue with that.

But if the other side is wrong.

Biggest LOL ever.

Wouldn’t be the first time it happened to an American Boxer. I just learned this week that exact thing happened to Ray Mercer.

Wait... When did this happen to Ray Mercer? i was under the impression he knew it was a kickboxing match. I'm assuming this is in regards to Remy Bonjasky?

Yes he was bluffing if he attempted to fight for another promotion he'd be sued as well as the promoter.

Khabib is under contract until he finishes out the fights and being a champion gives the UFC even more leverage khabib has no leverage here at all.

Back