Rumored Rizin paid floyd 62 Million $ Cash + another 26 Million save+ promoter bonus! Dana broke confirmed?

Why anyone would be interested is some tiny kid punching the air and Floyd laughing his way too the bank at the end is beyond me. No thanks...

Also anyone who thinks this will be a MMA fight is so beyond deluded, I'm sorry but I can't help you.

Who said it's a kickboxing fight? All we know is that it will be "special rules". Maybe punches + elbows + knees in MMA-gloves or something like that. I doubt Mayweather would compete with kicks allowed.

Mayweather is one hell of a business man. Everything he touches turns into diamonds.
How does he piss?
Wtf is with mma and the Floyd obsession? Can’t the damn promoters ignore that idiot and let him be in boxing? It’s bad enough we have McGregor’s loud mouth here.
Money. Floyd has smelt an opportunity and you can guarantee he's loving trolling the MMA crowd at the same time as making bank. For saying he's apparently near on illiterate he's a pretty smart guy.

Imagine Floyd wins via Head Kick rd1....lol. I think the world would melt

Who said it's a kickboxing fight? All we know is that it will be "special rules". Maybe punches + elbows + knees in MMA-gloves or something like that. I doubt Mayweather would compete with kicks allowed.

Mayweather is one hell of a business man. Everything he touches turns into diamonds.

Kicks would be better for Floyd in my opinion than clinch with knees and elbows. Like Morris88 pointed out, Floyd uses the clinch as a means of defence, something he obviously prioritises in a fight. You allow clinch with knees and that's goodnight to Floyd. Kicks would still be bad but seeing as Floyd is the taller fighter it wouldn't be as bad as clinch. I'd imagine he'd lose either way though which is why it's probably boxing rules.

Many will be watching internationally just for Floyd, so I'll say it was a good investment

I thought I read it was a kickboxing match when the news was first announced. I might be wrong.

If khabib acted like a terrorist then how did mcgregor act when gang assaulting with 40+ known hooligans a bus full of innocent family fathers?

<36>

This story grows with every telling

Ok i love money, but this is getting rediculous.

Getting $62 million (minimum?) in cash, is that even legal? Wouldn´t the IRS like raid Floyds a$$ in a nanosecond?

TV is the biggest revenue generator. Gate doesn't mean much. I'm guessing there was a huge TV deal that got signed off on in Japan.

For Floyd to take a fight for a 'mere' $66m is instructive. It must be a boxing bout, despite all the talk around 'special rules'. And he's boxing someone who is not a boxer. Smaller too. Easy night. It would have to be to earn less money than he has been accustomed to. Maybe he's on the verge of running out of cash.

Floyd is becoming a parody, but a well-paid one.

Floyd is becoming a parody? Lol stfu, who considers him that? You? That’s it. I hate when people post some random shit opinion n then try to pass it off as if the general public feels that way. Pipe down dimwit.

Jesus Christ. I wonder what their motivation is? I've no doubt that Floyd is going to lose because it's a kickboxing match and he's not a kickboxer. So they must feel like that kid is worth 62 million to be made into a star. They're gonna build Rizin around him.

Lol, no Floyd is not going to lose.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? I've seen many people here on sherdog thinking Floyd will go down in the very first low kick lol, that's absurd, that's simply not how fighting work. The fists remain the best weapon on the feet, way above the legs, and Floyd has godlike reflexes. He is going to win.

Lol, no Floyd is not going to lose.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? I've seen many people here on sherdog thinking Floyd will go down in the very first low kick lol, that's absurd, that's simply not how fighting work. The fists remain the best weapon on the feet, way above the legs, and Floyd has godlike reflexes. He is going to win.

I live the assumption that a world class boxer like Floyd, who probably has one of the best attitudes to training across all combat sports, would crumble upon receiving a single leg kick.

I went from boxing to Muay Thai and managed to contend with the almighty leg kick without too much difficulty - as have thousands of others I bet. I sure as hell don’t have the toughness of a world class prize fighter with two decades as world champ.

I live the assumption that a world class boxer like Floyd, who probably has one of the best attitudes to training across all combat sports, would crumble upon receiving a single leg kick.

I went from boxing to Muay Thai and managed to contend with the almighty leg kick without too much difficulty - as have thousands of others I bet. I sure as hell don’t have the toughness of a world class prize fighter with two decades as world champ.
Its only bums like schaub think mayweather couldnt get into mma , mark hunt, maldonado and even ray sefo started as pro boxers and did well in mma.

Ok i love money, but this is getting rediculous.

Getting $62 million (minimum?) in cash, is that even legal? Wouldn´t the IRS like raid Floyds a$$ in a nanosecond?

This fight is in Japan. The IRS is a U.S. government agency...

Jesus Christ. I wonder what their motivation is? I've no doubt that Floyd is going to lose because it's a kickboxing match and he's not a kickboxer. So they must feel like that kid is worth 62 million to be made into a star. They're gonna build Rizin around him.
LOL This won't be a kickboxing match.

This is also in the wrong forum, as it's not MMA and it's not the UFC.

Floyd's later career is built around tricking people who don't know about boxing into buying fights in which he fights 0-0 boxers.

Not kickboxing. This is going to be nothing more than a boxing match with MMA gloves.
I wouldn't sound so sure dude. First off you look stupid and secondly why the hell is he signing with Rizin?

Why would it be boxing against a flyweight.

I think it might be mma

Back