Rizin Light-Weight 2019 Grand Prix

Let's speculate the participants involved.

Yachi is a no brainer. Perhaps they'll throw Killer Gustavo in there so that Yachi can try to avenge that loss. Cruickshank is exciting, and they'll probably throw Brandao in too.

Who else??

More than likely, as per Japan's MMA MO, they will throw some unknowns in there and make some new stars.

probably diego nunes and gomi?
I almost said Gomi, but I don't think they'll put him in it. Even though he KO Guillard he didn't look great in that fight. He has no knees anymore.

I almost said Gomi, but I don't think they'll put him in it. Even though he KO Guillard he didn't look great in that fight. He has no knees anymore.

Lightweight is the deepest division they should go for lws that haven't fought in big promotions like Killys Mota

Lightweight is the deepest division they should go for lws that haven't fought in big promotions like Killys Mota
I said the same above. That's what they usually do with GPs. I'm sure they will bring in some international talent with good records and we will get new names out of it.

I hope they'll bring in Gustavo again and he wins the damn thing. Kid is a beast, and I like violence.

I am just surprised UFC,Bellator or Rizin haven't signed Mota he is 11-0 w 9 finishes

I am just surprised UFC,Bellator or Rizin haven't signed Mota he is 11-0 w 9 finishes
And his name is slang for weed in Spanish. UFC should be all over him by now, imo.

I hope they throw Patricky in this. He deserves a championship and I doubt he gets the Bellator strap with Chandler still around.

Great news! Looking forward to the GP. I like some of the potential participants listed in this thread.

Bellator should throw Chandler or Primus in there.

I'd like to see Caveman, Patricky, or Campos in there. Chandler seems like kind of a longshot, Coker seems kinda stingy with him.

Fuck it, I'd also like to see Will Brooks in it as well.

the plan is a 16 fighters grand prix some names have been revealed

Johnny Case
Damien Brown
Daron Cruickshank
Satoru Kitaoka

Woudl have to think they get the Deep champ in there (Koji Takeda, who just beat Kitaoka), Pancrase champ (Takasuke Kume), and Katsunori Kikuno, who remains undefeated in Ganryujima.

Could theoretically bring in Okuda for kicks who just won the 1 night 16 man Ganryujima grand prix by winning every match by ringout.

and the brazilian that ko'd yachi

Back