Rizin Just Uploaded All of Mikuru Asakura's Fights

Good business move. Get those views and ¥outube money. They should probably rename their org to "Mikuru" too.

THE OUTSIDER also uploaded all of Kai and Mikuru's fights awhile back

Asakura brothers are among the most successful Japanese daily video creators on YouTube.

Their videos usually get 20 to 100 times more viewing counts compared to other jmma celebrities like funaki and Tamura.

Some of their popular uploaded projects include

"Pick up the cigarette butts you threw or you'll get your ass kicked by me" - Kai

"Investigative report on bait-and-switch bar...drink at a yakuza joint in osaka, refuse to pay, and tell them to quit running fraudulent business " - mikuru

They are taking types of risks that TV shows never wanted to deal with.

They've been invited to some major tv shows due to being trending elements on YouTube, but they had it tough to entertain the off- line crowd.

Last edited:
I wish ZST would do this, especially with their more exciting grappling matches. They have these entertaining bouts, designed to be entertaining, fought by people who are making a special commitment to be exciting...and almost nobody ever gets to see them aside from the live audience.

I wish ZST would do this, especially with their more exciting grappling matches. They have these entertaining bouts, designed to be entertaining, fought by people who are making a special commitment to be exciting...and almost nobody ever gets to see them aside from the live audience.
ZST has been uploading their current events a few weeks after and posting clips to Twitter live or immediately after. They also live streamed their grappling event a few weeks ago. The old stuff is still tough to find outside of single fight uploads, handful of torrents, and buying DVDs.

ZST has been uploading their current events a few weeks after and posting clips to Twitter live or immediately after. They also live streamed their grappling event a few weeks ago. The old stuff is still tough to find outside of single fight uploads, handful of torrents, and buying DVDs.
I actually don't enjoy their recent product so much, at least what I've seen of it. But they used to have some of the most exciting MMA and especially grappling matches around. I can't find them anymore. And its a pity because they were some beautiful matches. Sometimes as good as anything shoot-style professional wrestling ever produced.

The bodybuilder with the cauliflower ear who likes to wear suits--I can't recall his name because he is so hard to find, but they had him versus Toida, versus Baret Yoshida, Naoya Uematsu, just tons of great match-ups with exciting grapplers. But they wouldn't upload the bouts and they just seem nearly impossible to find. Kazuyuki Tashiro had some beautiful MMA matches and I never can find any footage of him anymore either.

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough though. And I do admit, I can't remember the name of one of the guys I'm looking for, which doesn't help.
Some of the stuff I'm thinking of isn't that old, like that bodybuilder with the cauliflower was active just a couple years ago. But they'd have previews of his matches on ZST but if they ever did feature the match it'd be those deals where its on a small part of the screen and the competitors are reflecting on what they are watching.

Last edited:

Well, actually, I went back and looked at their channel and actually, I'm pleasantly surprised. Munenori Sawa, of Battlarts fame, has a match uploaded. Pretty cool. I still have an issue with them though. Like for example, back in the day, people were real excited about the Imanari-Tokoro tag-team. I couldn't find that event on DVD, anywhere. What was the point of the hype if it wasn't made available?

I actually don't enjoy their recent product so much, at least what I've seen of it. But they used to have some of the most exciting MMA and especially grappling matches around. I can't find them anymore. And its a pity because they were some beautiful matches. Sometimes as good as anything shoot-style professional wrestling ever produced.

The bodybuilder with the cauliflower ear who likes to wear suits--I can't recall his name because he is so hard to find, but they had him versus Toida, versus Baret Yoshida, Naoya Uematsu, just tons of great match-ups with exciting grapplers. But they wouldn't upload the bouts and they just seem nearly impossible to find. Kazuyuki Tashiro had some beautiful MMA matches and I never can find any footage of him anymore either.

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough though. And I do admit, I can't remember the name of one of the guys I'm looking for, which doesn't help.
Some of the stuff I'm thinking of isn't that old, like that bodybuilder with the cauliflower was active just a couple years ago. But they'd have previews of his matches on ZST but if they ever did feature the match it'd be those deals where its on a small part of the screen and the competitors are reflecting on what they are watching.
They definitely aren't up to the standard they were in the early to mid 2000's but I think that might be changing a bit. Shuichiro Katsumura took over at the end of last year and seems intent on building it back up. They are using all of the rule sets again (last event had RINGS and original ZST rules bouts, their next event had a RINGS bout scheduled before getting canceled due to the current situation) and he keeps talking about reviving HERO'S.

They definitely aren't up to the standard they were in the early to mid 2000's but I think that might be changing a bit. Shuichiro Katsumura took over at the end of last year and seems intent on building it back up. They are using all of the rule sets again (last event had RINGS and original ZST rules bouts, their next event had a RINGS bout scheduled before getting canceled due to the current situation) and he keeps talking about reviving HERO'S.

Yeah, I'm actually surprised. I had felt that they had really gone down hill, but some of these recent matches are way more fun than I was expecting. Well, thanks for recommending the channel. And that is awesome news about Katsumura. Wow. Maybe we'll get the most exciting and unique MMA promotion of them all back.

Last edited:
Back