RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2016: Final Round (Discussion) DEC 31 1:00AM EST (TONIGHT!)

Nice! Him and Takada were freaking hilarious trying to put this together.

download.blog

Yo Tenshin... hol up imm'a let u finish, ...

images

But first let me bang on this drum in a thong real quick..

Thanks! Who you picking to win this thing in the finals?

No problem. I am going to stick with Amir to win the GP. I picked him from the beginning and I think he has a good chance of winning the semi-final fight and possibly the finals if he doesn't gas too bad or get hurt in the first fight.

No problem. I am going to stick with Amir to win the GP. I picked him from the beginning and I think he has a good chance of winning the semi-final fight and possibly the finals if he doesn't gas too bad or get hurt in the first fight.

I saw the fight the next morning and read the replies and i thought is gassing was blown out of proportion. I thought he looked good for the most part.

I saw the fight the next morning and read the replies and i thought is gassing was blown out of proportion. I thought he looked good for the most part.

He looked good and at a few points I thought he was going to get a decision. He tired a bit in the second round but I think he might come out strong again tonight and get the finish in the first round. If that happens, I could see him taking out Cro Cop or Baruto in the finals.

The Cro Cop and Baruto fight is very interesting. Can't wait to see how that one turns out.

He looked good and at a few points I thought he was going to get a decision. He tired a bit in the second round but I think he might come out strong again tonight and get the finish in the first round. If that happens, I could see him taking out Cro Cop or Baruto in the finals.

The Cro Cop and Baruto fight is very interesting. Can't wait to see how that one turns out.

When it was announced i picked Baruto. We'll see how it goes. Not that I think about it I wonder how he'd look trying to take down Amir.

Last Rizin card was way better, not sure why they wouldn't make the NYE card the one with the best fights. this one is full of guys with 2 fights, squash matches, and 40+ year old women with losing records.

Last Rizin card was way better, not sure why they wouldn't make the NYE card the one with the best fights. this one is full of guys with 2 fights, squash matches, and 40+ year old women with losing records.
You haven't been following RIZIN or JMMA closely?

When it was announced i picked Baruto. We'll see how it goes. Not that I think about it I wonder how he'd look trying to take down Amir.

That's a good pick. He's in the final four so we'll see. Baruto vs. Amir would be crazy too. You're right, not sure how that take down attempt would go..LOL

Last edited:

Because on NYE they need to reach the general populace as they are primarily funded by Fuji TV, and the general populace doesnt care as much about legit MMA like we saw yesterday as much as they do about Garcia vs Kandori, which was by far the biggest most anticipated fight from casuals in Japan, with Mach vs Koike's husband being second.

It's the same logic behind how in the US a card headlined by Paige Van Zant with Saige Northcutt as co-main did the highest network numbers in forever.

Because on NYE they need to reach the general populace as they are primarily funded by Fuji TV, and the general populace doesnt care as much about legit MMA like we saw yesterday as much as they do about Garcia vs Kandori, which was by far the biggest most anticipated fight from casuals in Japan, with Mach vs Koike's husband being second.

It's the same logic behind how in the US a card headlined by Paige Van Zant with Saige Northcutt as co-main did the highest network numbers in forever.
I guess but I'm talking about the fights like Hideo Tokoro vs a 1-1 20 year old. Or Sakurai fighting some dude with a losing record. Plus some random 2-2 and 0-0 guy fighting. Those wouldn't even be a prelim in WSOF/Bellator and their some of the main fights, seriously. And I doubt they appeal to casual fans much at all, and if they do you could accomplish the same thing by having dudes like Tokoro/Sakurai fight competent guys.

Listen I'm still gonna watch the card and am looking forward to some bouts and the tournament, it's nice to get a classic JMMA fix.

I just think they missed the boat by not staggering the card with more fights for real MMA fans, I understand they have to have some of these freakshow fights for the casual fans.

Can't wait for Rizin tonight. I missed the first night due to a funeral but I just got home and I'm ready for some Rizin.

Lol

Gonna be fun

omg omg it's almost here!!!

NYE in Japan, baybeh: where soccer kicks, vitamins, openweight bouts, and unconscionable carnival fights are not only allowed but encouraged!!!

Nothing else even comes close.

CC vs Baruto and Gabi Garcia vs Yumiko Hotta are the kinds of matches we've always dreamed of but never dared hope for; certainly we're unworthy, but by based RIZIN we're going to get them!

Can you imagine CC landing a body kick to Baruto, and seeing the HD replay in 10,000 fps? Or the Celestial Empress of Japan mounting an enfeebled, saggy cheeked grandmother - fully one hundred pounds her lesser - and raining down donkey fists, her massive cleavage wobbling and jiggling as it heaves and undulates in a valiant attempt to escape her barely there sports bra?

I can!

God I could go on and on about everything else I love about this card but I can't even do it justice. It's simply perfect.

Bless all of you and I can't wait for this to pop off!!!

Last edited:
How many hours? I just woke up in Australia and dno wtf is going on

Back