RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2016: 2nd Round (Discussion) DEC 29 1:00AM EST

You might wanna put into the first post that the Kara France match is under Japanese weight failing rules, meaning that if France wins it's a NC. He was 4.5lbs over at the first weigh in and 3lbs over at the second attempt.
Is that an rule in Rizin itself?

I'm ready for Mirko Crocop to resurrect the famous Left High Kick.

Approximately 12 hours from now! I'm so excite

W1AKAvc.jpg
What happened with Charles Bennett? He is not in Japan.

Anyone see the weigh-ins? I'm curious how Heath Herring looked at 275 pounds. That doesn't sound good. He's on an 8-year layoff fighting a high-level wrestler who's a lot younger. I don't think being extra heavy and pudgy will help him at all. Heath's last MMA match was against another wrestler named Brock. He was outgrappled, lost and left the MMA scene afterwards...

Sumo or tk?

I'd LOVE to see TK get another win after beating JT not long ago. However, he's like 46 and has had one MMA fight in the last 10 years. It's a hard fight to call, though. Whenever you have such a size (weight) difference, there are some "freak show" variables that are hard to predict. If TK can do a good HW, middle-age Dominick Cruz impression, he could definitely win, but that's a tall order.

Anyone see the weigh-ins? I'm curious how Heath Herring looked at 275 pounds. That doesn't sound good. He's on an 8-year layoff fighting a high-level wrestler who's a lot younger. I don't think being extra heavy and pudgy will help him at all. Heath's last MMA match was against another wrestler named Brock. He was outgrappled, lost and left the MMA scene afterwards...
He did not look to be in awesome shape. He did, however, look very relaxed.

Heath is there to collect a paycheck. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

I'd LOVE to see TK get another win after beating JT not long ago. However, he's like 46 and has had one MMA fight in the last 10 years. It's a hard fight to call, though. Whenever you have such a size (weight) difference, there are some "freak show" variables that are hard to predict. If TK can do a good HW, middle-age Dominick Cruz impression, he could definitely win, but that's a tall order.

TK is there to collect a paycheck. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

can someone confirm please, how long till the start of the show?

11 hours and 8 minutes. But it's Rizin so i wouldn't expect anything to ACTUALLY start then. They'll probably be some downtime and an intro. imo.

I will be arriving to work while this event is ending

good thing for youTube :D

has he done any interviews about this?
It's not something that really needs admitting to, when the writing is on the wall. He's coming off an 8 year layoff with less than a month's prep to take on a roided up wrestler, his weakness. Heath doesn't seem delusional, so I doubt he's going in there with high expectations of winning.

It's not something that really needs admitting to, when the writing is on the wall. He's coming off an 8 year layoff with less than a month's prep to take on a roided up wrestler, his weakness. Heath doesn't seem delusional, so I doubt he's going in there with high expectations of winning.

whoops. I realize when i said about "this" it sounded like i meant about just coming back for money. I mean "This" as in Rizin and fighting in general. I don't think i've seen any.

has he done any interviews about this?

Yeah several, according to him it was mainly Roy Nelson who got him to fight again when he was brought in as a sparring partner for the fight against Bigfoot. Roy said that Heath could still compete and that he should be taking fights again. Herring is currently in discussions with RIZIN about further fights but said he wants to see how good he can still keep up before committing to anything.

Back