Rizin Fighting World Grand Prix Day 1

Venue: Saitama Super Arena
Enclosure: Ring
Number of MMA Bouts: ?
Main Card: http://matchtv.ru/: 1am ET)

MMA 172 lbs: Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Shiniya Aoki

220 lbs heavyweight tournament opening round : Satoshi Ishii vs. Jiri Prochazka

220 lbs heavyweight tournament opening round : Goran Relic vs. Vadim Nemkov

220 lbs heavyweight tournament opening round : Teodoras Aukstuolis vs. Bruno Cappelozza

220 lbs heavyweight tournament opening round : King Mo vs. Mike McDermott

220 lbs heavyweight tournament alternate fight: Yuta Uchida vs. Valentin Moldavsky

MMA 143 lbs: Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Daiki Hata

MMA 137 lbs: Hideo Tokoro vs. Kizaemon Saiga

MMA 185 lbs: A.J. Matthews vs. Anatoly Tokov

RIZIN Mixed Rules 154 lbs: Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Hinata Watanabe

K-1 143 lbs: Akiyo Nishiura vs. Kawabe Hiroya

MMA 125 lbs: Yuki Motoya vs. Felipe Efrain

MMA 265 lbs: Carlos Toyota vs. Kirill Sidelnikov

MMA 265 lbs: Tsuyoshi Kosaka vs. James Thompson

Betting Odds

1050.png

(Official Weigh-In)

Day 1 Weigh-in Results

Kazushi Sakuraba (171) vs. Shinya Aoki (169.75)
Satoshi Ishii (219) vs. Jiri Prochazka (211.5)
Goran Reljic (215) vs. Vadim Nemkov (219.5)
Teodoras Aukstuolis (216) vs. Bruno Henrique Cappelozza (218)
Muhammed Lawal (214) vs. Brett McDermott (215)
Yuta Uchida (209) vs. Valentin Moldavsky (215)
Hiroyuki Takaya (143) vs. Daiki Hata (143)
Hideo Tokoro (135) vs. Kizaemon Saiga (136)
A.J. Matthews (184) vs. Anatoly Tokov (185)
Yuki Motoya (125) vs. Felipe Efrain (128)
Kirill Sidelnikov (253) vs. Carlos Toyota (259)
Tsuyoshi Kosaka (220.5) vs. James Thompson (291)

CANCELLED & FIZZLED BOUTS

CANCELLED & FIZZLED BOUTS
CANCELLED 57 kg Yuki Motoya vs. Nam Jin Jo (Jin Jo Injury)

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone that helped me. For those confused about time the event should start in about 28 hours from this post. I can't say for sure if the bout order is 100%correct. So don't trust it if you really want to see a certain fight.

BeardotheWeirdo

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/o...rld-grand-prix-saitama-3-days-thread.3135315/

fedemma
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/r...2-29-12-31-1-am-et-discussion-thread.3137139/

and Jeicex who all offered their help and info.

and kingcillo24 for the weigh in thread.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/rizin-saraba-weigh-ins-12-am-est.3137853/

So you can match faces to names pt. 2. Since it won't be in English.

6th Match
vs
Special One Match

15th Match
vs
Special One Match(RIZIN MIX Rule)

4th Match
vs
Special One Match(K-1 Rule)

3rd Match
vs
Special One Match

2nd Match
vs
Special One Match

1st Match
vs
Special One Match

Oh man for some reason I thought these matches would be on NYE on pay per view like Pride used to. Any luck I will be able to get them to watch them on NYE? And just to recap, to watch them LIVE they will be on tomorrow (Tuesday 12/29 @ 1AM) Eastern US time?

Ohhhhhh yes. I just noticed it was separated into 2 days. Will the links you posted above work for day 2 as well? I heard somewhere they might be showing them on Spike. I have googled a lot of and found very little info.

Super stoked to watch this, heard that Joe Rogan is gonna do a fight companion for the Fedor card, wonder if he will do this card as well.

Ohhhhhh yes. I just noticed it was separated into 2 days. Will the links you posted above work for day 2 as well? I heard somewhere they might be showing them on Spike. I have googled a lot of and found very little info.

They are gonna show the Fedor fight via tape delay on spike, I'm sure they will show some other fights from the card as well.

They are gonna show the Fedor fight via tape delay on spike, I'm sure they will show some other fights from the card as well.
Oh cool! I LOVE Fedor and Pride era MMA, but given I have actual plans on NYE aside from MMA, staying up and drinking for the better part of 24 hours might not be in the cards. I might just see it on Spike.

Just saw The spike website, 10AM Breakfast with Fedor, it is 3 hours long so it should have a good amount of the fights, at least the big ones. Should be good.

Just saw The spike website, 10AM Breakfast with Fedor, it is 3 hours long so it should have a good amount of the fights, at least the big ones. Should be good.

My guess is they will show the Fedor fight, the whole tournament, and then whatever fights end up being the most exciting.

My guess is they will show the Fedor fight, the whole tournament, and then whatever fights end up being the most exciting.
That would be awesome. I love MMA but pulling all nighters 2 nights in a row is a bit aggressive haha

I'm pretty stoked for the tournament. Does anyone know if Saitama Super Arena is used at full capacity for these events or smaller like the UFC events?

Pride rules are in effect. Knees, stomps, etc. No sure what they decided about elbows.

Time of rounds. For the men it is (10+5+5), women have the 3x5, the GP bouts are 10+5

"All tournament fights are scheduled for an opening round of 10 minutes, followed by two five-minute rounds. In the event of a draw, contestants will fight an additional five-minute overtime round, after which judges will decide a winner based on the entirety of the bout. Five judges will be used to score the final championship match on New Years Eve. Due to the tournaments diverse field, Rizin has stated that it will hire international officials in an attempt to enhance neutrality."

Cannot wait. Cool to see the stadium setup photos. It will be two all nighters for me, usual NYE for JMMA, with plenty of coffee.

^^^ me neither, can't wait. Rizin will definitely put on a spectacle and put the arts back in mma

Back