Rizin FF 12 Yachi vs Gustavo

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
ldHQijD.jpg

My quick initial thoughts....

Yachi vs Gustavo:

Yachi is most definitely Japan MMA's next biggest star, representing the Krazy Bee gym which is pretty much the only MMA gym in Japan with any sort of name recognition thanks to Kid Yamamoto and Horiguchi previously. He's a perfect 5-0 in Rizin and used to be the PXC champ (I believe at 145? He currently fights at LW. a few years although he lost that belt to Alexander "The Great" Volkanovski. It was believed he would get a call-up to the UFC if he won that fight.
Like most Krazy Bee products he's a very good athlete. He's got a pretty well-rounded aggressive style and has finished 4 of his 5 Rizin wins, via 3KO/TKOs and 1 Sub. The lone sub win was against Takanori Gomi right after he got dropped in the 1st round but showed good composure to tie up a triangle on the ground. He then had an entertaining back-and-forth brawl with ultra-aggro ex-UFCer Diego Nunes in which he won a split decision. He does tend to get sucked into brawls, like in his fight against Gomi who, let's be honest, only has that one path to success nowadays.

Let's make no mistake here. Rizin has been feeding their poster boy somewhat over-the-hill veterans with name value (Kitaoka, Gomi, Nunes) up until now. So it's pretty odd that his next opponent is a 22 year-old Brazilian I've never heard about with a 8-0 record and who's actually finished every single one of his opponents.

Strange matchmaking aside, Yachi has faced much better competition and should take this handily. Gustavo's record looks pretty shiny on the outside but a look inside shows pretty low level wins imo.

Yachi was originally supposed to fight a different Brazilian in Bruno Carvalho, a veteran with an 11-5 record who fought in the Dream promotion in Japan once. This is surely one of Rizin's weaker cards in company history, augmented with one more MMA bout not yet showing on Sherdog yet and four kickboxing bouts with Japanese competitors on the undercard.

Finalized bout order & rules:

ZrplseY.jpg

Yachi was originally supposed to fight a different Brazilian in Bruno Carvalho, a veteran with an 11-5 record who fought in the Dream promotion in Japan once. This is surely one of Rizin's weaker cards in company history, augmented with one more MMA bout not yet showing on Sherdog yet and four kickboxing bouts with Japanese competitors on the undercard.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Yachi should blow this one out of the water then against this over-matched and short-notice opponent.

You're right, this is a pretty mediocre card even by Rizin standards. I guess they had a pretty big event last week which is why. (Btw, how good is Horiguchi? I'd love to see him go back to the UFC esp since DJ isn't champ for once. )

This is a pleasent suprise, I didn't know Rizin was on this weekend, weak card though so hopefully we can get some odds. I'll be home from work for another 3 weeks with a fractured collarbone, so of course UFC has to take a break

How bout we get some odds on this one for a change, lazyass Kalikas replacement! It's not like you'll have much else to do this weekend! Earn your money!

anteater.jpg

My quick initial thoughts....

Yachi vs Gustavo:

Yachi is most definitely Japan MMA's next biggest star, representing the Krazy Bee gym which is pretty much the only MMA gym in Japan with any sort of name recognition thanks to Kid Yamamoto and Horiguchi previously. He's a perfect 5-0 in Rizin and used to be the PXC champ (I believe at 145? He currently fights at LW. a few years although he lost that belt to Alexander "The Great" Volkanovski. It was believed he would get a call-up to the UFC if he won that fight.
Like most Krazy Bee products he's a very good athlete. He's got a pretty well-rounded aggressive style and has finished 4 of his 5 Rizin wins, via 3KO/TKOs and 1 Sub. The lone sub win was against Takanori Gomi right after he got dropped in the 1st round but showed good composure to tie up a triangle on the ground. He then had an entertaining back-and-forth brawl with ultra-aggro ex-UFCer Diego Nunes in which he won a split decision. He does tend to get sucked into brawls, like in his fight against Gomi who, let's be honest, only has that one path to success nowadays.

Let's make no mistake here. Rizin has been feeding their poster boy somewhat over-the-hill veterans with name value (Kitaoka, Gomi, Nunes) up until now. So it's pretty odd that his next opponent is a 22 year-old Brazilian I've never heard about with a 8-0 record and who's actually finished every single one of his opponents.

Strange matchmaking aside, Yachi has faced much better competition and should take this handily. Gustavo's record looks pretty shiny on the outside but a look inside shows pretty low level wins imo.
He looks so fuckin big at 155, how in the fuck did he even make 145??

hopwfully bovada has this fight card on :)

Any idea where you can bet on these fights?
Nowhere yet as far as I know, in the Horiguchi/McCall event odds came out within 12 hours from when the event started if I'm not mistaken.

#prayforodds

Any idea where you can bet on these fights?
5dimes use to have odds on Rizin. But ever since they got a new book maker they haven't been consistent. It's becoming apparent how hard Kalikas worked. This new guy is lazy in comparison. He even gets the odds up for UFC events late. They should have kept Kalikas.

Btw if you guys are able to find odds you can sure count on some delicious hometown cooking decisions to go my fellow countrymen's way in any close fights.

Back