RIZIN Buds, Come Help Your Bud Out Here

Bobby Boulders

My Lovin' Is Digi
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, long story short, I was locked up for over two years and missed a lot of fights. Some of you who know me may remember that RIZIN is my favorite organization, and I love Japanese MMA in general.

That said, what are some good fights I missed while I was away? I turned myself in April 3, 2019, and have not watched any RIZIN fights since then.

Is Killer Gustavo still around? I am aware he was killed himself at some point. But I remember he took a short notice LW fight against Yachi and looked great, and a lot of us were high on him. Any other break out stars? Is Horiguchi still looking good? Has Rena given up on MMA? Is Tenshin still the killer he was, or did the embarrassing boxing match with Floyd derail his rise?

Thank you for your help, buds. I've missed the Contenders forum. It's easy to keep up with the UFC in prison, it's difficult to keep up with anything else.

So, long story short, I was locked up for over two years and missed a lot of fights. Some of you who know me may remember that RIZIN is my favorite organization, and I love Japanese MMA in general.

That said, what are some good fights I missed while I was away? I turned myself in April 3, 2019, and have not watched any RIZIN fights since then.

Is Killer Gustavo still around? I am aware he was killed himself at some point. But I remember he took a short notice LW fight against Yachi and looked great, and a lot of us were high on him. Any other break out stars? Is Horiguchi still looking good? Has Rena given up on MMA? Is Tenshin still the killer he was, or did the embarrassing boxing match with Floyd derail his rise?

Thank you for your help, buds. I've missed the Contenders forum. It's easy to keep up with the UFC in prison, it's difficult to keep up with anything else.
Sorry to hear bro. There were so many good fights. Gustavo last competed in Rizin's 2019 155lb GP. Here's a highlight which will get you all caught up, with the finals being a FOTY candidate:

Sorry to hear bro. There were so many good fights. Gustavo last competed in Rizin's 2019 155lb GP. Here's a highlight which will get you all caught up, with the finals being a FOTY candidate:

This Musayev guy looks pretty fucking good. Thanks for that. Glad to see someone come along with some star quality.

Watch the 2019 NYE card from start to finish. It was one of the best MMA cards start to finish of the entire year.
Why am I not surprised by this. I will look for it. I've got two NYE cards to watch.

Not sure if you watched this fight when it happened in 2015. But one of these guys is the current Bellator champion, and the other is the #1 contender in the UFC.

I remember this fight. Jiri is my current favorite fighter. Japan has a great eye for talent, and always has. I'm not really surprised that these guys went on to do great things in the states.

I remember this fight. Jiri is my current favorite fighter. Japan has a great eye for talent, and always has. I'm not really surprised that these guys went on to do great things in the states.
For now you should take a break from catching up on Rizin, and instead watch Jiri Prochazka vs Dominick Reyes... widely considered the best fight of 2021 so far.

Though... current Rizin champion at 145lbs is Yutaka Saito. Here was his debut:

You also missed the rise of former sumo wrestler Tsuyoshi Sudario:

Poor Minowaman :(

Was there bad blood with Sudario and Miyamoto? Or was that roid rage?

Sudario looks kinda legit. He packs a punch, anyway, and can throw some kicks. Much better than most sumo.

Back