PBP Rizin 40: Bellator vs. Rizin, Sat. 12/31, 12 AM ET/9 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins, Bellator or Rizin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rizin must really suck if they lost a clean sweep to a 2nd tier promotion like Bellator.

Truly Global MMA Promotion > Japanese National Level Promotion

Still interested to give this a watch when I've got time, though!

Honestly, 4 out of the 5 fights were extremely close and very easily could have gone to rizin fighters. I gave Kim and Satoshi the wins in their fights, and koike vs. pitbull was essentially a draw of a sparring match. I also left the takeda vs. Rabadanov fight beeing more impressed by takeda than by Rabadanov.

Honestly, 4 out of the 5 fights were extremely close and very easily could have gone to rizin fighters. I gave Kim and Satoshi the wins in their fights, and koike vs. pitbull was essentially a draw of a sparring match. I also left the takeda vs. Rabadanov fight beeing more impressed by takeda than by Rabadanov.

Wow, really?

All right, colour me interested!

The match ups were always great, but I suppose seeing the results disappointed me a little.

I'll let you know if I'm in agreement with your calls, my man.

Wow, really?

All right, colour me interested!

The match ups were always great, but I suppose seeing the results disappointed me a little.

I'll let you know if I'm in agreement with your calls, my man.

It was weird because they score the fight as a whole, not with the 10-9 must system. In that sense, giving rabadonv the win over takeda makes sense because takeda got dropped BAD in round one. I think takeda was winning before getting dropped, and won the two rounds after getting dropped, too, so although I understand giving it to Rabadonov, I left thinking that takeda was the overall better fighter.

Archuleta vs kim, I don't know why the judges gave it to archuleta. Again, they're suppose to score the fight as a whole with preference for the fighter trying to finish the fight and Kim was outstriking archulata the whole time and had two submission attempts, one of them was very, very deep. Archuleta just had some wrestling and control and a few strikess here and there, but under rizin's own scoring criteria, Kim should have gotten it in my opinion.

Koike vs. pitbull was pitbull walking forward, but not doing much at all. Koike was covering up on the backfoot and touching him with leg kicks, body kicks, and teeps. It looked like koike was doubling the output of pitbull, but pitbull landed harder. Koike got two takedowns, but wasn't able to do much. The only moments of agression did come from koike and he was landing, but again, not powerful at all. It was honestly a wash. I didn't think anybody got the better of their opponent, but koike backing up the whole time was probably a bad look.

Satoshi vs. Mckee was a good fight. I thought satoshi did enough to get the last two rounds, but it was another very competitive fight.

Last edited:
Man I hate how Showtime wants to cut shit like with everyone in the ring shaking hands and talking after the main event. They showed alittle bit, but you can see where edits happened to speed things up.

I wanted to see AJ and Pitbull's interactions... at the end it looked like Pitbull purposely stood the opposite of everyone else for the group photo.

KIM won, the gooch dominated, Koike has major balls for being able to stand with a pitbull, and satoshi fucking never gave up. could have went either way. coker is happy he gots the win on paper, but we all know rizin came out on top

Completely correct assessment.

Man I hate how Showtime wants to cut shit like with everyone in the ring shaking hands and talking after the main event. They showed alittle bit, but you can see where edits happened to speed things up.

I wanted to see AJ and Pitbull's interactions... at the end it looked like Pitbull purposely stood the opposite of everyone else for the group photo.
Pitbull was embarrassed that McKee had a super fail with a champagne bottle, probably cut from Showtime.

What i shit show. I had to avoid the heavies, and find some free obsure site to grab a bunch of rar's that joined into a 720p mkv
None of these fights were even worth the DL. Oh well, at least it cost me nothing but time.

What i shit show. I had to avoid the heavies, and find some free obsure site to grab a bunch of rar's that joined into a 720p mkv
None of these fights were even worth the DL. Oh well, at least it cost me nothing but time.
Watch the part of the card minus Bellator. We legitimately witnessed multiple deaths. Black Panther's funeral is tomorrow.

Link?
How dare you. I better see a link in my PM sherbro.
Hmm. I guess the internet took the holiday off, bc my normal spot doesn't have them up. Might be a few days. Undercard was glorious violence. I think every fight save the very first and very last was a shadow realm ending.

Hmm. I guess the internet took the holiday off, bc my normal spot doesn't have them up. Might be a few days. Undercard was glorious violence. I think every fight save the very first and very last was a shadow realm ending.
Would you believe i could not find a Ken Jeong ( how dare you ) gif? You would think masked singer would solve that. Nope.

Would you believe i could not find a Ken Jeong ( how dare you ) gif? You would think masked singer would solve that. Nope.
Lol

I'm partial to this one, myself. Especially since she's back in the news somehow.

how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif

Back