PBP Rizin 40: Bellator vs. Rizin, Sat. 12/31, 12 AM ET/9 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins, Bellator or Rizin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I clicked the link. Already followed lmao
giphy.gif

Bellator went 5-0 but i doubt expanded their audience. Lackluster main card

Those fights weren't anything special. A little disappointed.

I didn’t get to catch it, will there be a replay and how did Rizin stack up to bellator?

I didn’t get to catch it, will there be a replay and how did Rizin stack up to bellator?
Kim/Archuleta, Takeda/Rabadanov, and Satoshi/Mckee were all amazing scraps that could have easily gone either way on the cards.

Horiguchi vs Ougikubo was uneventful and one sided.

Pitbull vs Koike largely felt like a sparring match. A Koike decision win wouldn't have been that big of a robbery.

Overall an above average card by Bellator standards. The prelims were full of KOs too.

Finished the RIZIN 40 portion of the card and it was really good.

Case/Tyson was short, but it was a good win for Case.

Motoya/Bontorin was a good fight with a huge upset with Motoya pulling off a brutal finish. Cool seeing a JMMA vet. like Motoya still pulling off big wins.

Dodson/Tokoro was short as well and had a brutal finish, but it was a bummer seeing the fight be so short and not featuring the wild scrambles I would’ve hoped and it was a bummer seeing Tokoro get knocked out.

Tafa/Sudario was a short and one sided as Tafa was catching Sudario who was trying his best to fight back, but Tafa’s offense was too much.

Inoue/Takizawa I don’t recall much of to be honest, but I do recall a bloody Takizawa and an armlock submission.

Izawa/Park was alright. Am bummed seeing Park lose as she’s turned into one of my favorite WMMA fighters to watch as she’s always fun to watch. Izawa looked a bit like a one dimensional grappler as she couldn’t do much on the feet and was desperately trying to get the fight to the ground. There was an instance near the end of the third round where I thought Park had KO’d Izawa with a stomp, but Izawa was able to survive.

had an alert on my phone saying last chance to check my Tap picks ( I hadn't done them yet) so I thought that because it was tape delay that i still had time. I log on and the main event was spoiled. What a dumb fucking way to do a card. Likely not even gonna watch this now.

Bellator went 5-0 but i doubt expanded their audience. Lackluster main card
No one watched this, i found they were going to stream it on youtube "Live" only to find out it was delayed too...smh, its still going but i made the mistake of going to tapology (after Horiguchi fight) and saw the rest of results, i might watch later.

had an alert on my phone saying last chance to check my Tap picks ( I hadn't done them yet) so I thought that because it was tape delay that i still had time. I log on and the main event was spoiled. What a dumb fucking way to do a card. Likely not even gonna watch this now.
The sports book I use still had the lines up after the card was over. Had the tape delay times of fights on showtime. My after the card was over bets are still pending. Interested to see what happens

This is why cross promotion is a bad business idea, long term. RIZIN look muggy as fuck now.

Rabadanov/Takeda was a good fight with some fun scrambles and exchanges. Would love for Coker to find a way to get Takeda some fights in Bellator. His style would translate perfectly.

Archuleta/Kim was good and I thought Kim did a lot better than I was thinking he would as I thought it would be a one sided win for Archuleta, but it wasn’t as Kim made it competitive.

Horiguchi/Ogikubo went as expected. Ogikubo is good, but Horiguchi’s just much better. The best flyweight we’ve ever seen that’s not named Demetrious Johnson.

Pitbull/Koike was fine for a striker vs. grappler match. Not a classic or anything, but it was a good win for Pitbull.

McKee/Satoshi was really good. McKee is so good. Easily one of the most underrated fighters in the world. I was kind of surprised to see folks pick against him. Satoshi did much better on his feet than expected.

The sports book I use still had the lines up after the card was over. Had the tape delay times of fights on showtime. My after the card was over bets are still pending. Interested to see what happens
The results are plastered everywhere it is so dumb to do it like this.

McKee looked funny with the samurai helmet on.

Kim/Archuleta, Takeda/Rabadanov, and Satoshi/Mckee were all amazing scraps that could have easily gone either way on the cards.

Horiguchi vs Ougikubo was uneventful and one sided.

Pitbull vs Koike largely felt like a sparring match. A Koike decision win wouldn't have been that big of a robbery.

Overall an above average card by Bellator standards. The prelims were full of KOs too.
Ohh, seems kind of a flat note to end off the year then?

That’s a shame.

I watch a decent amount of Bellator and nearly every PFL card. I had no idea this was happening. These guys suck at promotion. UFC will never have competition.

Truly Global MMA Promotion > Japanese National Level Promotion

Still interested to give this a watch when I've got time, though!

Back