Rizin 4 OW GP Final (Dec. 31st)

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by JimGunn, Dec 24, 2016.

1. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

2. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

Both the Dec. 29th card and this NYE card are apparently going to be streamed for free and with English commentary again like the most recent Rizin card at 1 AM EST on the 29th and same time on the 31st. Will Krazy Horse once again stop kickboxer turned neophyte MMA fighter Minoru Kimura in the first round? Will Kron's Gracie BJJ be any match for the experience of Tatsuya Kawajiri? Stream will be at https://eversport.tv/fight-sports/rizin

Tebowned likes this.
  3. LEMONZEST

LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

Kron seems to destroy people that arent savvy to his BJJ. I think Kawa has enough xp to at least neutralize his BJJ game. I kinda favour Kawa here as I think his overall MMA game is better.

Tebowned, Shoulder and Officer_Brown like this.
  4. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

Bout order and rules for the fights:

[​IMG]

Tebowned likes this.
  5. EzFlyer

EzFlyer Titanium Belt

seriously don't understand the sanctioning body of japanese mma (if there even is one) hehe

Tebowned likes this.
  6. BatBoyJG

BatBoyJG Brown Belt

20 minute fight for Kron vs Kawa... Hmm I think that's going to lead to a better line for Kawa that I will be snatching up. I am going to be on the side that Kawa tires Kron out & then fucks his shut up.

Tebowned likes this.
  7. weedreference

weedreference Green Belt

I doubt it... Kron will have no reason to fear him and BJJ is the best energy conserving style, especially in a 20 minute fight. This is probably one of the best guys in all of MMA Kron could be facing in terms of matchup and the potential for a quality win.

8. EzFlyer

EzFlyer Titanium Belt

kawa slows down plenty, though..

9. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

Weigh-Ins at 1 AM 12/30/16

10. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

My thoughts on the rest of the tournament: I won money yesterday with Cro Cop beating King Mo, but I believe Baruto is going to be a tough challenge for him in the semi-finals despite the vast striking and experience advantage. Unlike in the King Mo fight, Cro Cops is the much smaller man here and Baruto is deceptively quick and skilled at getting the takedowns. I don't think Cro Cop's leg or body kicks are likely to hurt Baruto due to his massive size and padding. Unless he catches Baruto clean to the head or chin with punches or kicks I think Baruto will push Cro Cop into the corner post or ropes and then get relatively easy takedowns. Baruto will use his 400 pound bulk to hold Cro Cop down. We'll see if Cro Cop gets the benefit of referee standups which may help Cro Cop back up to his feet. If not, I think Baruto will take the decision, especially in a two round fight.

Aliakbari meanwhile, despite his great wrestling, seemed to have absolutely no submission skills and also gassed out in his fight against Heath Herring. I believe Herring would have stopped an exhausted Aliakbari if that went to a third round. I think Moldavsky will be too well rounded for Aliakbari. He's either going to avoid takedowns or perhaps reverse position and get up if he is taken down and then probably punish Aliakbari to get a stoppage or decision.

I'll have to bet Baruto in the semis over Cro Cop if he's a decent underdog and Moldavsky over Aliakbari if a smallish favorite. My finals prediction is Baruto vs Moldavsky and that will be a tough one depending on how the semi-finals go, but if I had to pick I'd say Moldavsky wins it all.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    EzFlyer, Momadu, wack3d and 2 others like this.
  11. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

Weigh-In Notes:

Cro Cop wasn't present to line up with the other three tournament participants at the beginning of the weigh-ins for the photo op with the belt for some reason. Hope that doesn't mean anything.

Looks like they found an opponent for Tenshin Nasukawa and booked him on 48 hours turnaround to replace the Krazy Horse vs Minoura re-match that got cancelled. I recognize his blue haired Japanese opponent from somewhere but can't think of who it is offhand and didn't catch his name. This may be a much tougher fight than yesterday's for Tenshin if this guy is as experienced as I suspect.

The woman that is facing Gabi Garcia looks like they pulled one of the ring girl's grandmothers out of the crowd and dressed her in some ridiculous wrestling outfit. Gabi towers over this 49 year old woman. Holy cow what a mismatch!

American atomweight Andy Nguyen looks pretty fit, not to mention attractive, and actually has much more experience than her opponent with a 3-3 MMA record. She may give Kid Yamamoto's 42 year old sister Miyu who has only one pro fight- which she lost- some trouble..

Young shootboxer Rena Kubota looks very "marketable" and should do well against this Polish girl they brought in to face her.

Erson Yamamoto (Kid's nephew and Miyu's son) is facing a big experience gap against Hideo Tokoro.

Kron Gracie has purple tinged unkempt hair for some reason and Kawajiri faced off with him wearing a wrestling mask.

12. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

Also I should mention, Kawajiri was crouching in an exaggerated wrestling pose and they didn't stand very close together at the face off but Kron looked significantly bigger than him. I like my Kron action at the +170 opener, just wish I put more than a tiny 0.3 units on it.

rille31 likes this.
  13. LEMONZEST

LEMONZEST Planning parlays...

JimGunn resident journalist for Rizin ...thanks for covering this. I plan to add to Kron as well GL

14. vkram

vkram Brown Belt

Aliakbari +115 at betathome, he should have a significant size advantage. Moldavsky is light-heavyweight whilst Aliakbari is a pretty big HW.

15. Porkchop Express

Porkchop Express White Belt

They have a line for Crocop?

Edit: I just checked and they do not. Agree with Jim on Baruto. Was fairly suprised by his ability to close distance quickly and even his cardio. Think he gives Cro Cop trouble.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  16. vkram

vkram Brown Belt

Cro Cop is around -333 I think.

17. Bless

Bless Orange Belt

[​IMG]

Bennett -333
    Kimura +220

Aliakbari +115
    Moldavsky -161

CroCop -333
    Baruto +220

Sakurai -400
    Sakata +255

Garcia -2000
    Hotta +660

Saiga -200
    West +140

Nguyen -182
    Yamamoto +128

Kubota -590
    Gujwan +335

Tokoro -238
    Yamamoto +165

Kawajiri -147
    Gracie +105

Porkchop Express and EzFlyer like this.
  18. wack3d

wack3d Silver Belt

if these line are anything to go by you will get your wish:
    https://www.1xbet.com/da/line/Martial-Arts/1124401-Combatsport-Rizin-FF/

Baruto +242
    Moldavsky -140

19. Joseph Budden

Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Please give me Aliakbari as a dog 5d.

20. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

Aliakbari is bigger, but not immensely so to my eye. He has great takedowns but he seems to have no idea how to actually hold another fighter down and zero sub game plus bad cardio. Moldavsky doesn't look scared one bit. I don't think I'd bet Aliakbari if he was +150.

[​IMG]