PBP Rizin 32: Sat. 11/20, 12 AM ET/9 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins in the Rizin 32 rematch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah. Apparently he has a history of assault and lied to the police (about his age lol). Beat his wife in front of his kids. That obviously why he was asking for forgiveness from the crowd. She's Japanese, and he legally took HER surname. His legal name is Bobby Konda.

What a world we live in.
Okay, that's more than I knew about, thanks for the update.

I think they kind of made it clear to him that they didn't want him to fight for a while. Don't know the exact reason but I've read speculation that it had to do with some possible shenanigans outside the ring. There's so many cultural layers and I don't know them all because they aren't often mentioned publicly.

Japanese society place high emphasis on 'harmony in public' so that one might not publicly mention specifics. Don't know if you recall Gabi Garcia had a similar thing happen, where she was kinda rude to some Japanese fighters and when she returned to Rizin she publicly apologized at an event and was crying and apologizing.
Yeah, I imagine being a foreigner and having antics like that makes it a lot worse too. You're already behind the 8 ball bc you're gaijin, and they don't tolerate shit like that in the first place, from anyone. Probably difficult to be forgiven, they don't seem like a forgiving society.

Yeah, I imagine being a foreigner and having antics like that makes it a lot worse too. You're already behind the 8 ball bc you're gaijin, and they don't tolerate shit like that in the first place, from anyone. Probably difficult to be forgiven, they don't seem like a forgiving society.
Yeah exactly.

giphy.gif
Me too, i have used it only 2-3 times,
but always im laughing with him L☻L !

Maeda barely missed that knee. Could have been damaging had it landed.

Ah shit. Headbutt messed his nose up. But he wants to fight on it seems!

Back