RIZIN 30 - September 19th

I tuned out after 2 minutes. Similar to the Shinobu Ota fight.

Will let you know. Still need to watch that one and Otsuka/Ogikoubo.

To be clear, Kintaro/Inoue was very meh, though round 3 was good. Yamaniha/Asakura was a great scrap.

I've seen Kintaro/Inoue, Yamaniha/Asakura, Takeda/Yachi (which was good), kind of skipped through bits of the Hamasaki and Ota fights as not a lot was happening.

Pretty autistic of me to notice but I saw they installed new ropes, unless I just didn't notice until the last card. I kept thinking something looked different about the ring.

Is the Horie Vs Ulka fight worth watching?
Finished watching the rest of the card.

Surprisingly one sided performance by Horie. Ulka came into the fight covered in black tape, and was able to do nothing. Zero takedowns. Horie ate him alive with inside leg kicks and was slipping everything and countering with punches. Not sure if Sasaki is completely done, or if Horie is that good.

Ougikubo/Otsuka was disappointing. Otsuka stunned Ougikubo early with a punch, and completely let Ougikubo off the hook. Ougikoubo largely outstruck him for the remainder of the fight, and was twice as active. Otsuka was surprisingly the only one to land a takedown. Very clear win for Ougikoubo.

Yachi's kimura escape rd1 against takeda was insane. Otherwise Takeda is horrible to watch. There must have been at least 5 separations for when Takeda was just trying to pin him in the corner. Yachi clearly did enough to win with all the damage.

I think Otsuka had a career best performance, his counterpunching, especially early, was super sharp. Ougikubo is just a level above.

Hamasaki/Fujino was great too, don’t know what either of you were watching. Hamasaki continues to be one of the smartest southpaws in MMA, whipping 2-3’s in and controlling the distance behind her jab, she’s a marvel

Back