News Rizin 28 & 29 Discussion Thread

Even in defeat Sudario didn't look that bad. Was pacing himself well and I would say he was winning until the takedown in the 3rd.

His punches are extremely loopy and if he fixes that issue he'll be a problem.

Edit: Can someone explain why Bey got a red card? I'm assuming that's why he lost the decision?

Even in defeat Sudario didn't look that bad. Was pacing himself well and I would say he was winning until the takedown in the 3rd.

His punches are extremely loopy and if he fixes that issue he'll be a problem.

Sudario looks promising. I guess Shrek is the only other noteworthy HW in Japan so match him up with him.

For Shoma, maybe I am glad to see a HW who is lean and not overweight and has submission skills, but I am excited to see where he goes. Don’t think there are any opponents in Japan for him tho

Sudario looks promising. I guess Shrek is the only other noteworthy HW in Japan so match him up with him.

For Shoma, maybe I am glad to see a HW who is lean and not overweight and has submission skills, but I am excited to see where he goes. Don’t think there are any opponents in Japan for him tho
lol god no. Sudario murders shrek.

Just watched Saito/Karamov. Total robbery.
Karamov lost due to the yellow card (20% score reduction) he got for constantly short grabbing, rope grabbing, and gouging Saito’s cut at the end of Rd 1. In the comments of the fight video, someone posted the times of nearly every infraction.

He also didn’t fight to the criteria. Damage scores over all in RIZIN and he did basically none.

Last edited:
Regarding the commentary team, wasn't the reason Frank and Joe went away because of Fite.TV? I wonder if now that FITE's gone, they can be put back together by Rizin.

Last edited:
Regarding the commentary team, wasn't the reason Frank and Joe went away because of Fite.TV? I wonder if now that FITE's gone, they can be hired back by Rizin.

Can't believe I'm saying it but I actually miss Joe and Trigg compared to this snoozefest commentary

sleeper fight of the card is greco national champ Kuramoto vs team Bonsai's Yamaniha imo

I think Kuramoto is a legit dark horse. Before I heard they were reseeding the bracket after the first round, I thought he was a shoo-in for the semis.

Back