News RIZIN 26 Asakura vs Horiguchi 2 Set For Dec 31

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Vulcan, Oct 19, 2020.

1. JacJeanFinger Brown Belt

Horiguchi paid a visit to the backstage room reserved for Kai and his crew.

Like you said, horiguchi is the elder of the 2 (or 3) with a longer pro mma career. Why was he supposed to knock on their door and have a word ? To check if his opponent's leg was ok?

Horiguchi was very angry with them for not having shown any respect for him since Kai won. Mikuru even said Gucci doesn't have what it takes to win no matter how many rematches he'll be given.

Horiguchi met asakura brothers to make them eat their words. Don't forget he is a killer bee fighter. Long ago, hideo tokoro made a mistake of calling out kid yamamoto in the wrong way and got his ass kicked by his boy, atsushi yamamoto. After the fight, while tokoro wasn't able to get up on feet, kid walked over to him to verbally blast him. The entire conversation was aired and kid really meant it to be aired.

Horiguchi saw mikuru and said hi. Mikuru simply gave back hi. Horiguchi told the media mikuru was rude although he didn't say anything impolite. Horiguchi was merely looking for a reason to fuck with the man who consistently pissed him off during the 16 months of layoff.

2. lukeuidswords Black Belt

Fighters meet backstage and talk to eachother after their fights literally all the time, watch RIZIN Confessions. It's basically a central part of the conclusion of each fight's story.

While I appreciate your attempts at psychoanalysis here, you're willfully misrepresenting what we know to have happened, while also overlooking the fact that Mikuru is notorious for being an uncouth asshole. Mikuru was rude, for reasons we already outlined. I don't know if you don't understand the "rules" of social interaction in Japan, but that's your problem.

Papachulu likes this.
  3. lukeuidswords Black Belt

4. JacJeanFinger Brown Belt

I don't know what makes you obsessed with your obligation to reverse the changes I made to correct a few facts regarding the post fight situation involving them.

Horiguchi went to their room because he needed to make a statement when both brothers were present. First, Horiguchi tried to initiate a conversation with Kai in the ring only to get ignored. Instead of directly saying to his face, he decided to yell out loud "easy fight" so they both could hear him and take some offense.

Mikuru did not behave in any way to disrespect the older fighter. Asakura camp had already got slapped twice for the loss and for that easy fight comment. Mikuru shouldn't have been happy with the visitor with a sarcastic smile. But he greeted like a gentleman and there was no sign of provocation.

5. lukeuidswords Black Belt

This is literally insane, and an obvious attempt to rewrite history. He was celebrating with his coaches in English (Mike Brown only speaks English) in the immediate aftermath of the fight, just like he did after he submitted Caldwell when he mimed a guillotine in front of them. You can go back and watch, it's the exact same thing.

Mikuru is not a gentleman. That's not who he is, publicly or privately. He has routinely treated Kai and his YouTube staff like garbage on camera, disregarding manners and proper greetings in exactly the same way as Horiguchi describes. I know this because I know their stuff and talk to Japanese speakers who can translate it.

You couldn't be more misled.

Yosuke likes this.
  6. JacJeanFinger Brown Belt

I don't need to go back and watch the fight because horiguchi didnt, couldnt, wouldn't have said Caldwell was an easy opponent. He's not the kind to say such a thing unless he really has a specific purpose to fulfill by making a statement.

Mikuru was about to join a local syndicate before he got busted and had to do time in jail until 18 years old. He is not always a nice guy. I'm just saying Horiguchi's claim was not legit. He's trying to find a reason to make him look bad. What mikuru actually said to horiguchi in their narive language was nothing rude or disrespective.

7. Memeojima Purple Belt

I'd rather see Gucci vs Pettis. Much more interesting than Juan fight

8. manboy<3 Pathetic hater,MEGA shill Double Yellow Card

most people in Japan are talking about Shibatar

Shibatar's popularity is just going to keep increasing for a while, maybe he will play hardball with RIZIN because he has more negotiating power than any other fighter not named Floyd right now

Why don't they just do Shibatar vs Floyd in a boxing match, it could break 10% rating

Fork likes this.
  9. careto Brown Belt

Any Japanese speaking sherbros who can translate the articles from the magazine?