News RIZIN 26 Asakura vs Horiguchi 2 Set For Dec 31

Shibatar delivers ratings, just like I predicted

Rizin needs to stop putting guys like Hamasaki, Motoya, Sasaki etc on NYE csrds

Has there been a single post about these guys since the event happened? we've all been talking about Shibatar. Gomi, sumo wrestler, the disgraced olympian that lost to tokoro etc

their 2nd best NYE ratings average yet

It is the best average NYE rating. 7.3% for the live portion (20:00 - 22:30) is even better news. The peak rating was during Mikuru Asakura vs Satoshi Yamasu. Rizin on Fuji TV ranked number 4 out of the 6 main Japanese channels, behind NHK, Nippon TV and TV Asahi, and ahead of TBS and TV Tokyo.

EDIT: The peak TV audience was 10.7% during Tenshin vs Kumandoi, not during Mikuru vs Yamasu.

Average ratings: 2020: - 6.18% 2019 - 4.12% 2018 - 5.96%, 2017 - 5.68%, 2016 - 5.75%, 2015 - 5.5%

Ratings:

NYE 2020:

6.0% (19:00~)
7.3% (20:00~)
4.1% (22:30-23:45)

NYE 2019:

3.2% (19:00~)
5.2% (21:00~)
3.7% (23:00~23:45)

NYE 2018:

5.7% (18:00~)
5.0% (19:00~)
6.9% (21:30~)
7.5% (22:50-23:45)

NYE 2017:

4.8 (18:30~)
6.4 (19:30~)
6.2 (21:30~)
4.3 (22:50-23:45)

NYE 2016

5.6% (18:00~)
7.1% (19:00~)
5.7% (21:00~)
3.6% (22:50-23:45)

NYE 2015

5.0% (19:00~)
7.3% (20:45~)
3.7% (22:30-23:45)

Last edited:
Hairygooch lucky as fuck kais knee got fucked up there needs to be a third figth but think Kai needs a confidence builder feed him a ufc reject or a shooto champion to get him back on track

Youtube celebrities who were cheerleading their collaboration partners, asakura brothers and shibatar at VIP seats was the real ratings booster.

There's also an ongoing TEAM mikuru asakura reality show (sort of Japanese tuf) on YouTube privately funded by a millionaire youtuber, mikuru's friend whose purpose is to create next generation mma stars out of the project. He currently sponcers 3 young guys from rural villages who moved to Tokyo and train exclusively with mikuru asakura. They made successful pro debut last year and have gained lots of popularity on YouTube.

Hairygooch lucky as fuck kais knee got fucked up
Wasn't just luck. Hard leg kicks.

giphy.gif

Well, he is 40+ and fighting a guy with zero MMA experience.

I like Tokoro, BTW.
Yeah, he's over 40 fighting an Olympic silver-medalist and he put on an awesome show, chaining submissions together, taking risks like always does and showing grit and determination. What's the implication of your post, exactly?

Yes, his opponent was making his debut. Beating a guy on his debut doesn't seem impressive, granted, although the man is a world-class athlete. But doing that at 40-plus IS impressive, whereas your post seems to imply that his age somehow subtracts from the feat.

Yeah, he's over 40 fighting an Olympic silver-medalist and he put on an awesome show, chaining submissions together, taking risks like always does and showing grit and determination. What's the implication of your post, exactly?

Yes, his opponent was making his debut. Beating a guy on his debut doesn't seem impressive, granted, although the man is a world-class athlete. But doing that at 40-plus IS impressive, whereas your post seems to imply that his age somehow subtracts from the feat.

Hey, not sure where you got that. I have always been a Tokoro fan.

But what you expect from a groud wiz vs a wrestler with zero mma experience? Pretty much what we saw, right?

That's all I meant. No disrespect. Tokoro did what he should have done and Ota put up more of a fight than I would have thought. But that doesn't mean much in terms of Tokoro's future in terms of top-lever competition.

Hey, not sure where you got that. I have always been a Tokoro fan.

But what you expect from a groud wiz vs a wrestler with zero mma experience? Pretty much what we saw, right?

That's all I meant. No disrespect. Tokoro did what he should have done and Ota put up more of a fight than I would have thought. But that doesn't mean much in terms of Tokoro's future in terms of top-lever competition.
I guess I don't really get what the purpose of your post was, basically. You responded to my post by pointing out Ota's inexperience and Tokoro's age. And you mentioned Ota's inexperience and Tokoro's age in essentially the same breath and it seemed to be in the context of explaining why people weren't talking about the fight, given that my post was questioning why people weren't.

It's pretty bad-ass that Tokoro is still putting on awesome performances like that at his age and I think he deserves some notice from the fans that he's done so much to entertain. The vast majority of submission-oriented fighters these days wouldn't have taken the risks Tokoro took or chained submission attacks together like he did. So whether or not they might have gotten a win, except for in the case of a select few, it wouldn't have looked like what we saw from Tokoro.

I guess I don't really get what the purpose of your post was, basically. You responded to my post by pointing out Ota's inexperience and Tokoro's age. And you mentioned Ota's inexperience and Tokoro's age in essentially the same breath and it seemed to be in the context of explaining why people weren't talking about the fight, given that my post was questioning why people weren't.

It's pretty bad-ass that Tokoro is still putting on awesome performances like that at his age and I think he deserves some notice from the fans that he's done so much to entertain. The vast majority of submission-oriented fighters these days wouldn't have taken the risks Tokoro took or chained submission attacks together like he did. So whether or not they might have gotten a win, except for in the case of a select few, it wouldn't have looked like what we saw from Tokoro.

I think you answered your own question. As you said, it played out like it should have. Thus not much hype.

Though I can't believe I forgot to mention the scissoring of Yamamoto as one of my takeaways.

For that I feel shame.

I think you answered your own question. As you said, it played out like it should have. Thus not much hype.
Sure, so in other words, your post meant what I thought it meant and I responded by explaining why I found it significant and deserving of praise.

Tenshin vs Kumandoi recorded RIZIN's 3rd highest new years rating yet at 10.7%

Sure, so in other words, your post meant what I thought it meant and I responded by explaining why I found it significant and deserving of praise.

Dude, what is your problem? Are you saying I am not allowed to care about what I care about. Sorry to russle your jimmies, geeze. It's not like I bad-mouthed Tokoro, I just omitted him from my silly list.

Too bad, cause I like yours posts usually. I've learned a lot about the JMMA scene from you and others (which is my fav scene BTW).

I was tape trading for Shooto & Pancrase with a buddy in Japan before you were born!

Dude, what is your problem? Are you saying I am not allowed to care about what I care about. Sorry to russle your jimmies, geeze. It's not like I bad-mouthed Tokoro, I just omitted him from my silly list.

Too bad, cause I like yours posts usually. I've learned a lot about the JMMA scene from you and others (which is my fav scene BTW).

I was tape trading for Shooto & Pancrase with a buddy in Japan before you were born!
First off, you couldn't have possibly been tape trading Shooto and Pancrase tapes before I was born, so that's a pretty silly comment to make. But I do wish I was as young as you apparently think I am.

Secondly, all I did was respond to what you wrote. Did I attack you somehow? I never said you weren't allowed to care about anything. I never questioned whether or not you were a fan of Tokoro. I just said I thought his performance was notable. In one of your initial posts you mentioned Tokoro's age and Ota's inexperience. I genuinely didn't understand the implication. I think if Tokoro was in his athletic prime and fairly young, then his performance against Ota wouldn't be as notable, but his age and the point he's at in his career actually makes it more notable IMO. But then you said that you didn't understand where "where I got that from", regarding something in my post, so I restated what I'd already said, basically.

Of all the things to get annoyed about on Sherdog, I don't know why you'd pick my responses. It is the internet so maybe I just came off more aggressively than I intended. Maybe we just had our wires crossed.

Last edited:
Wasn't just luck. Hard leg kicks.

giphy.gif
Yeah I feel u the leg kicks were brutal but he injured kai with a leg kick early as Kai was stepping in for a punch the rest of the legs kicks after that he landed on a hobbled one legged opponent

Yeah I feel u the leg kicks were brutal but he injured kai with a leg kick early as Kai was stepping in for a punch the rest of the legs kicks after that he landed on a hobbled one legged opponent
The leg kick that hobbled Kai while he was stepping in for a punch, was one of the last leg kicks Horiguchi cleanly landed.

So in the below GIF, 3 of the 4 leg kicks were thrown before Kai was hobbled.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back