News RIZIN 24: Saitama Super Arena September 27

I drove to McDonalds to get a coffee rather than sit through another Rena bout. Gabi Garcia wouldn't make me do that.

It is subjective so no right or wrong answer but I find Rena's matches to be among the best in Rizin. Anyone with body shot knockouts is good in my books. Plus she usually finds herself on the brink of a submission loss even when she wins which makes things dramatic. I think I just realized what Rizin means with those weird "what a dramatic MMA" posters.

Iam actually suprised just tuned in for the HW fight out of curiosity, thought I would see another sumo wrestler turned MMA freakshow but the guy was okay. Don't know if he will improve enough to be competitive outside of Japan but he did have the other guy leaking pretty good from the nose.
They should throw him against Satoshi Ishii to see if he's at least somewhat legit.

Last edited:
I noticed a black guy in wrestling shoes was kicking his opponent to the head, is it legal in to kick when you have shoes on?

Hey, does anyone know what Rizin's scoring system is?

Do judges award the winner based on who they thought the "overall" fight? Or is it a round by round isolated case?

The sumo was kicked out for beating up his juniors I think on more the one occasion or maybe it was his stable that got in trouble for the same thing I cant remember
Well the actual story is he disciplined the younger sumo wrestlers in the way it is accepted bye the combat community. In Fighting, Sumo, Pro Wrestling, etc it is actually an accepted norm. He was slammed hard because his stable master was on bad terms with the Sumo Association. The reason why his stable master was on bad terms was because he wouldn't do any fake fights. I was also very shocked to hear staged fights are prominent in Sumo. Many wrestlers are asked to throw fights and they do it. Tsuyoshi's stable master, Takanohana refused to throw any fights during his career and refused to let any of his students throw fights. Very honorable.
Tsuyoshi's mistake was after the first time, he was aware that they would make any problem big to get at his stable master but still did it a second time. He's young and learning.

Well the actual story is he disciplined the younger sumo wrestlers in the way it is accepted bye the combat community. In Fighting, Sumo, Pro Wrestling, etc it is actually an accepted norm. He was slammed hard because his stable master was on bad terms with the Sumo Association. The reason why his stable master was on bad terms was because he wouldn't do any fake fights. I was also very shocked to hear staged fights are prominent in Sumo. Many wrestlers are asked to throw fights and they do it. Tsuyoshi's stable master, Takanohana refused to throw any fights during his career and refused to let any of his students throw fights. Very honorable.
Tsuyoshi's mistake was after the first time, he was aware that they would make any problem big to get at his stable master but still did it a second time. He's young and learning.

no shit. i never heard that sumo had works before. that's a shame.

Back