News RIZIN 24: Saitama Super Arena September 27

4 new fights have been announced. Pancrase lightweight champion Takasuke Kume, who recently vacated the belt, has signed a contract with Rizin. Shooto LW champ Yuki Kawana is also on the card and faces DEEP LW champ Koji Takeda. Yachi gets a quick turnaround after losing to Satoshi Souza.

Mikuru talking facts. RIZIN need to speed up their operation. it's not fair to the fighters.

How would you guys recoup the revenue from the lost ticket sales without raising PPV price and tickets prices? This Tenshin vs Koji fight would draw 20k plus in attendance in normal times, instead of 5k now during COVID. They don't have a huge guaranteed TV deal like the UFC/Bellator where they can go without attendance.

@Hellowhosthat said it above... if they charged less then more people would buy. It's about finding the right price point to max profit. I don't know what that is, but it's not $50+.

Especially when you can watch it for free in the next few days.

EhFDgCIVkAEt1cU

YouTube is where rizin fighters earn principle incomes. Asakura brothers are making a lot more money than khabib is paid by the UFC. I haven't seen it confirmed yet but yachi, nasukawa and kouzi should be richer than Francis ngannou already because of YouTube payout. (Aoki criticizes them of catering to low IQ community like Pepsi or nike)

I wonder if rizin will consider YouTube live for 24.95 per event for fans abroad.

Mikuru talking facts. RIZIN need to speed up their operation. it's not fair to the fighters.

What's he saying? Rizin should let fighters compete in bellator more and other places to get fights maybe

What's he saying? Rizin should let fighters compete in bellator more and other places to get fights maybe
he's expressing discontent in how late RIZIN left it to give him actual details of his fight date/weight/opponent

3 new fights have been announced. Former sumo wrestler Sudario Tsuyoshi will face pro wrestler Dylan James in a heavyweight bout. Rui Ebata's twin brother Matsuki Ebata will compete against Rasta in a kickboxing bout.

More fights to be announced next week. Sakakibara wants RENA and one of the Asakura brothers to be on the card.

Both asakura brothers are full time YouTube video makers and making multiple millions of USD. (nearing 8 figures, according to mikuru a while ago)

Their goal is to fight for the UFC titles and they are financially allowed to say no to the Japanese promoter when they don't feel like taking a fight.

I'd love to see mikuru vs Roberto Souza for the Nye main event but I know it's not happening.

Back