RIZIN 22: Yokohama Arena April 19

Ogikubo had two FOTY contenders in 2019, and dominated Pantoja on TUF. He's been due for a while. Winning the Rizin title would be a fantastic cap to his career.

Ogikubo had two FOTY contenders in 2019, and dominated Pantoja on TUF. He's been due for a while. Winning the Rizin title would be a fantastic cap to his career.

Yeah, very underrated fighter. I don't know why the UFC didn't sign him after that season of TUF when he got to the final when they signed Pantoja, Moreno and Schnell who didn't.

Yeah, very underrated fighter. I don't know why the UFC didn't sign him after that season of TUF when he got to the final when they signed Pantoja, Moreno and Schnell who didn't.
The UFC also later signed Kara-France and Shelton, and had Candido, Antolin and Alvarez on DWTNCS.

The UFC is a clown show and has lost so much legitimacy :(

Yeah, I'm really not sure what Mikuru is supposed to be gaining from this fight. Macapa was a good win, but he seems to be taking steps backwards for some reason.
It’s a warmup. Japanese orgs do it with their top guys all the time.

ufc has given up on the japanese market

It’s a warmup. Japanese orgs do it with their top guys all the time.
I think it’s because Boku is a KrazyBee guy with a decent rep as a former One FC champion, despite being washed and having no chance to win

I think it’s because Boku is a KrazyBee guy with a decent rep as a former One FC champion, despite being washed and having no chance to win
i wouldn't say ZERO chance... boku's a very smart fighter and clever at boxing from the outside. of all the old school shooto guys he actually aged very well and found championship success late in his career.

mikuru has low takedown threat and i don't even know whether he's got good bjj. that said, he's in his prime and an exceptionally good counter puncher so it's more or less a fight to pad his record.

Sakakibara spoke on the chances of coronavirus postponing or cancelling the event, but he still wants to go ahead

Sakakibara will make an announcement about the status of Rizin 22 later this week. The most likely outcome is a postponement. Still small hopes the event to be held.

^ Long-winded presser to announce "no event." Can't wait.

Japan is like a day ahead, so this press con is probably tomorrow night

EUl_6jxWkAEVJOW

Rizin 23 that was supposed to happen on May 17 in Sendai is also cancelled.

No Rizin events until July.

Sakakibara is targeting a summer mega event, calling it "Martial Arts Olympics". Dynamite!! type of show with rumors about Tenshin vs Takeru headlining, and co-promotion with K-1 and RISE.

Back