Rizin 18: Sun. Aug. 18, 1 AM ET/10 PM PT Live PBP Discussion Thread

And the Japan MMA idiotic tradition of having their champion fight non title bout backfire again.

Well I guess we know the title match for Horiguchi for NYE.

And Rip Horiguchu hype train, welcome Kai hype train.

humph... I had a feeling something like that would happen when they decided to make a giant Horiguchi the face of the promotion for the poster

Kai is now the lineal Rizin and BW champ and hence the best BW outside of the UFC.

Also this is low key upset of the year.

Damn Kyoji gets KO'd and then has to stand there and take photos with Kai

I can't believe how quick that was. I thought of course Kai had a chance, he is a big guy and hits really hard but I didn't think it would end that quick <{Joewithit}>

This fight should have been for the title, wow I still can't believe he KO'd Kyoji in a minute. Both Asakura bros have really risen and became stars and it is great! Can't wait for the rematch, I just wonder if it will be immediate or if Kai will have to go through the GP. I guess it depends on when exactly they plan on starting the GP but he should get an immediate title shot if there is time. Or maybe have Kai vs Kyoji and the GP will determine who challenges for the belt next.

Great night of fights, insane ending. Glad I stayed up and of course can't wait for the next one!

Oh sheeeeit I didnt know there was a rizin card.

What fights are still left?

Edit seems like it’s over. :(

Hope you guys had a blast!

Kyoji keeps swinging like a mad man in the pocket when he was hurt. I don't think he had much respect for Kai and paid for it. When you fight as much as Kyoji, you're bound to cop a loss sooner or later. Hopefully they can get a rematch going as soon as possible.

Kyoji keeps swinging like a mad man in the pocket when he was hurt. I don't think he had much respect for Kai and paid for it. When you fight as much as Kyoji, you're bound to cop a loss sooner or later. Hopefully they can get a rematch going as soon as possible.
I think it's all but guaranteed it will happen Dec 31

Big Horiguchi fan. Feel like he made made a mistake by being so aggressive after being rocked but when your legs aren't under you sometimes you go on instinct.

Looking forward to the rematch.

Back