Rizin 15 April 21st Yokohama

rob mafia is literally 50 and exclusively posts about JMMA promotions he hates
he's living his best life

now i'm 50?

you seem to exclusively post about me. so i guess my fake life > your actual

Sakakibara tentatively laying out a schedule of this event, Saitama in July, September in Saitama or October in Yokohama, back to 2-day NYE, Aichi in August, also Fukuoka or Osaka at some point. He also mentioned elsewhere that he would like to co-promote an event with Bellator, perhaps in Hawaii

Hopefully they add a net on the lower half of the ring

prediction:
gabi vs can
tenshin vs can
reina vs can
rena vs can
2 good matchups buried under headlining mismatches
idol vs can
pretty girl can vs ugly girl can
fat guy vs anyone
white guy with his name tattooed on his back vs can

aren't the non-Tokyo cards usually smaller anyway?

Not necessarily. Rizin had 5 events outside of Tokyo - 2 in Nagoya, 2 in Fukuoka and 1 in Yokohama. The Nagoya cards were the weakest they ever made, but both Fukuoka shows were on par with many Tokyo shows and the Yokohama card was decent.

<Dylan>

what quality?

prediction:

gabi vs can
tenshin vs can
reina vs can
rena vs can
2 good matchups buried under headlining mismatches
idol vs can
pretty girl can vs ugly girl can
fat guy vs anyone

dam this guy savage and accurate

death, taxes, and Japanese MMA posters being fucking amazing.

Not necessarily. Rizin had 5 events outside of Tokyo - 2 in Nagoya, 2 in Fukuoka and 1 in Yokohama. The Nagoya cards were the weakest they ever made, but both Fukuoka shows were on par with many Tokyo shows and the Yokohama card was decent.
they should do an Osaka show as well

I have been hearing rumors that the Rizin 14 ratings weren't good. I am so relieved to hear this news, I thought they might have been in trouble.

I have been hearing rumors that the Rizin 14 ratings weren't good. I am so relieved to hear this news, I thought they might have been in trouble.
I wouldn't count any chickens yet. Pride announced a big LWGP right before it crashed and burned

If Horiguchi fighting in Bellator next that may mean we don't get him for this event.

Sakakibara can be a lying, cheating, false advertising motherfucker when he wants to be:
wsi-imageoptim-Pride2007GP2.jpg

Sakakibara can be a lying, cheating, false advertising motherfucker when he wants to be:
wsi-imageoptim-Pride2007GP2.jpg
So many posters on here got suckered by that crap. Of course, back then you had actual Bushido shills, who swore up and down it was a separate promotion from Pride.:rolleyes:

UFC gets no blame for this event not moving forward?
No, why should they? Because they bought Pride? All they got was a shell company and a tape library.filthy scumbags sakakibara and co gutted Pride during the middle of negotiations.

No, why should they? Because they bought Pride? All they got was a shell company and a tape library.filthy scumbags sakakibara and co gutted Pride during the middle of negotiations.

Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta said they were going to do all of these match ups both in the US and Japan. UFC knew full well what the roster was before they bought it. WWE looked over PRIDE FC first and after their due diligence they passed on purchasing PRIDE FC.

Zuffa knew full well what they were buying.

Most contracts were tied to PRIDE and others were not (notably Fedor). Tell me more about the gutting of the roster. That's news to me. Also the fighters in that poster from the PRIDE side were not exactly expensive contracts, relatively speaking.

Back