Rizin 14th NYE

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Sep 30, 2018.

1. IndyCovaHart

IndyCovaHart Gold Belt

Wood.

2. leto1776

leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

3. TeamFedor

TeamFedor White Belt

Highest average NYE rating and highest peak. Considering the circumstances, definitely not good, might be OK. When it comes to average NYE ratings it's close every year. 2018 - 5.96, 2017 - 5.68, 2016 - ~5.75, 2015 - ~5.5, so not a significant improvement.

Depends how much Floyd got paid. He makes a lot of money, but tends to exaggerate. $9 million is a crazy number, probably the entire roster payroll for 2 years. If he really got paid that, it's very bad. If he got paid $2 million it's good business. $4-5 million - hard to say.

Bobby Boulders likes this.
  4. IndyCovaHart

IndyCovaHart Gold Belt

@leto1776

Hey I’ve always wanted to ask... who is the girl in your av?

She looks extremely familiar.

5. Asurah

Asurah |⁰⊖⁰)

Nobody really knows for sure but it is below what RIZIN has been aiming for. Whether Fuji is happy or not is anyone's guess

6. Bobby Boulders

Bobby Boulders My Lovin' Is Digi Platinum Member

Looks like Alexa Grasso.

leto1776 likes this.
  7. Dead Spirit of MMA

Dead Spirit of MMA White Belt

I just got back from Japan last night. I went to both Rizin events. Not watched the broadcast yet but here's a few things I noticed:

- Finding those ticket machines in Tokyo wasn't as easy as I'd expected and it was too late to buy a Yarennoka ticket by the time I found one (think the shut-off is something like 6pm the day before the event. Tickets weren't available online unless you're lucky enough to have your card accepted). I went to the ticket office outside Saitama Super Arena about an hour before the doors opened and was third in line. No problem getting the ticket. If you do that kind of thing, just make sure you can read enough Japanese to point to the right event because they were still selling Rizin 14 tickets at the same time. I had bought my Rizin 14 ticket online through stubhub. Picking up the ticket at Saitama Super Arena was easy and the stubhub staff spoke English.

- All tickets were the same price for the Yarennoka event (5,000 yen) on a first-come-first served basis. The furthest occupied seats from the ring were probably about half way up the arena. I think everyone had a pretty good view.

- Everything looked smaller in real life, from the stage to the ring. Classic TV effect, I guess.

- I was in something like Row 20 for Yarennoka and up on the balcony for Rizin 14. I could hear kicks landing in both seats. I could hear hard punches land from the balcony and heard pretty much everything from my Yarennoka seat. I could hear every single word Peter Aerts was saying from the corner during the Yarennoka show. The ring allowed for a really good view from the side.

- I think I could also pinpoint which section of the audience had the best view of a strike landing by the noise they made.

- Kana Watanabe had a great entrance with nice music and the gi. I think everyone was ready to cheer for her. I was surprised how invested people seemed to be in her. The audience seemed noticeably muted after that stoppage and I think that the general consensus was that it was early.

- I had no idea why Rena wasn't fighting. That part wasn't announced in English if it was announced at all. Same goes for Mayweather being late. Not that I want everyone to bend over backwards for English speakers, just something I noticed.

- Lighting effects looked really nice. Different themes and colours for each fighter with the ropes also changing colours. I wish you got to see a little bit more of that on TV. Asakura had flower-themed lights on the audience and so on. Kape's colour scheme stood out as looking really good.

- It was interesting to be able to see the fighters leaving the ring and also see how long they take to recover while the cameras are on the winner. There were no serious injuries but it makes you realise how badly hurt some of these fighters were when they're walking out like zombies.

- Kandori and the granny crew came out from backstage during the fight before Gabbi's and then sat ringside. They were doing a lot of stuff for the cameras during the fight. I think they had a camera man on them the entire time. Don't know if it was shown but Kandori fell over in the ring at one point when being held back. I think she was stretched out on her belly nearly falling under the ropes. The crowd laughed when Gabi announced that she respects Kandori. I don't think Gabi is in on the act at all.

- Caldwell stormed out of the ring and ran up the stage. The entrance gate was closed so he jumped down off the back.

- It was fun to be able to watch Lenne Hardt throw herself into every announcement.

- They gave out a few things at each event. I was given a Rizin T-shirt at Yarennoka (says the size is large, haven't opened it yet. Think all sizes were the same), and a bag with stuff in at Rizin 14. That bag had another shirt (different colour), a bunch of fliers for affiliated shows like Jewels, Shoot Boxing and so on (I thought it was great that they're cultivating a scene and scratching each-other's backs like that), and some Shinju Nozawa Auclair skin cream which was being promoted pre-show and during intermissions.

- There was a two-day martial arts expo at Saitama Super Arena at the time but I was only in Saitama for the one day and was watching Rizin for most of it. They had a Rizin merch section where you could get those Rizin glove key-rings but the line was way too long. I also noticed on the fliers they gave me that they're selling Rizin gloves and more now. I know a few people were wondering if they were available to buy. Not looked at postage or anything but you can get that stuff here, in Japan at least: http://tokyo-isami.com/shopbrand/ct281

- There were no metal beams blocking the view for anyone (I think). Didn't have that kind of luck a few days later at the Tokyo Dome.

- The whole thing just reminded me that I really don't like the current audio balance on the English broadcast. They make the commentators too loud and the crowd too quiet. The crowd audio is like background noise and it makes the whole thing sound more muted than it actually is.

- Everything from travel to buying tickets was pretty easy. I'm planning on making the trip again next year. I'd recommend going for anyone who regrets not seeing PRIDE live. You never know how long Rizin will be around for.

8. MMALOPEZ

MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

I would love to go this year....that’s my plan on paper.

9. JimGunn

JimGunn Silver Belt

I went to a couple of local MMA events with friends for the experience, but watching the tv broadcast or online stream with commentary is so much better. That's not a comment about Rizin in particular, just MMA in general.

manboy<3 likes this.
  10. Omni1

Omni1 Blue Belt

She looks like Alexa Grasso to me.