Rizin 14 & Yarennoka: Dec. 31, 1 AM ET/10 PM PT - LIVE PBP Discussion Thread

For everybody who stood up all night...welcome to the european life of watching the UFC
because he couldn't lol. Tenshin is still amazing, but weight classes are there for a reason and obviously Floyd is at the top of the food chain in boxing.

Gooch's win was worth staying up for. You guys enjoy, i've already ruined the main event for myself of Yarrenoka so i'm gonna get some sleep while I can. I'm sure I'll see some of you guys in the PFL pbp thread 2n
Haha I didn't even need to stay up. Smack bang in the middle of the afternnoon here in Europe witch doesn't happen often lol. Yeah PFL to watch tonight looking forward to that!

Fight was so fake, the punch didn't even connect and hes dropped? lol

wish I could have stayed up w/ the all-nighter/European crew in here because all the whackiest things happened after the first intermission. Halsey throwing himself out of the ring might’ve been the funniest moment of the night & then Gooch pulling out that guillotine in the third got me hyped. hope you all had fun in here.

Good video and analysis of the striking, but he's a boxing/mma guy. Flopping in kickboxing is much more common, and Tenshin is a kickboxer, one that loves flying attacks. The guy doesn't seem to understand that falling down in kickboxing isn't a big deal. It's not like boxing where most of the knockdowns are 10 counts. He wasn't acting it up, that's just how he fights, he's wild..

The ref was wrong with the first 10 count, but it's an exhibition so why would Tenshin care, there wasn't a 3 knockdown rule.

Maybe Tenshin fell back into the ropes instead of continuing to move his head to the right, to avoid the left? Or because falling into the corner looks better than falling out of the ring.

If you go by boxing weightclasses, on fight-night Floyd was at least 2 divisions above Tenshin. And you can make the case that there was a 4 division disparity considering Tenshin moved up but usually fights at 125 and Floyd at 147.

126: Featherweight
130: Super Featherweight
135: Lightweight
140: Super Lightweight
147: Welterweight

how long until people learn that Mayweather wins in a boxing match against non boxers?

and has zero awareness on whats real and whats fake. And reality hits like a ton of bricks.

NINTCHDBPICT000458996204.jpg

Tom Hanks better watch out.

I'd like to see him or any actor make that face on command.

Lol that fight looks fake af.

First time he got "knocked down" it didn't even look like Floyd touched him.

100% scripted

Sad

I came here to see if anyone else thought it was a work and clearly they do.
It''s not just the punches but the way he was rolling about on the ground.

The 2nd knockdown seemed vaguely real but the first and third ones..... seriously? Outside pro wrestling I don't think I've ever seen knockdowns like that.

The legs don't lie. He was wobbled.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz1.gif

Do you think this one was 100% fixed too? Because Forrest has eaten much harder shots than that before.

How about this one?
98dW9C.gif

Aldo got slept with a short quick shot going backwards. He closed his eyes and threw a bomb. He didn't expect Conor to beat him to the punch with a short weak shot, and he was basically blindsided with it. Conor said it himself also, "timing beats speed, precision beats power", this is exactly what he meant. Floyd used speed and precison to catch Tenshin off guard, and Tenshin never recovered. Not that he had any chance of winning beyond throwing or feinting kicks to catch Floyd or throw him off his game.

It's the one's you don't see coming that get you. Tenshin expected Floyd to play defense.

Watch any Nick or Nate Diaz KO, they don't exactly swing for the fences but they hit the button consistently and sometimes the punches are deceptively harder than they look, and harder than the ones from earlier in the fight. Those are the ones that get you.

You can hurt people with power shots or with good timing and precision.

Also Floyd (who's known for having "pillow fists") doesn't usually fight with 10 oz. gloves on, the smaller the gloves the stronger the chance of a KO, add in the size advantage and there you have it.

Rizin wanted Tenshin to win, or at least look decent, there's no doubt about that. Them paying him to take a dive would be like UFC paying Conor to take a dive against Floyd, in the UFC, after paying him a boatload of money to come to the UFC for a one-off.

Rizin paying Tenshin to take a dive makes no sense whatsoever, on any level. There is zero reason for anyone to pay Tenshin to take a dive. Except for Floyd and come on, Floyd wouldn't take the fight if he thought he was going to lose and had to pay off his opponent.

Rizin wouldn't have made that much gambling on the fight, compared to what they spent. And Tenshin was crying so why would he throw it?

At least your theory is plausible though.

The only odds I saw were on a finish, but I didn't look.
dude all those shots were on the chin

how about bj penn vs lyoto machida? 185 vs 145, BJ penn took massive shots that fight didnt look wobbled at all the entire time. what about tenshin vs gucci like 2 months ago, gucci landed a few bombs on tenshin, not a single wobble. but now someone who weighed in 10lbs heavier and has NEVER shown that explosive power before in his 51 fight career is doing that to tenshin of all people? bro idk if you know who tenshin is but you should go catch up because he doesnt go down like this

the argument that tenshin is too small and floyd is some gorilla out there is ridiculous, floyds most convincing shot was the right shovel hook that was coming up in a clear trajectory and tenshins head reacted in a completely different trajectory.

i dont really care if you think its real, it just makes you a gullible fool

Floyd would've won even under kick boxing rules. If only he took time to practice checking kicks, guaranteed win.

I can't stop laughing.

Shit looked like Shawn Michaels vs Hulk Hogan at Summerslam.
giphy.gif

oz4lKom.gif

Wasn't a work. Tenshin flops like that. In his amatuer career it happened a few times. Floyd outwieghed and outclassed him, Gucci hit him with shots he saw coming that's the difference. And the first knockdown in this fight was a trip not a punch.

So this guy lasted only one round, just makes me wonder...how good Conor is?

Floyd got a lot of attention for his fight. Was it the best business move for Rizin?

No. I think the biggest win of the night was their bantamweight champion (who's actually just a flyweight) beating the bellator bantamweight champion.
Yeah fair play that was big for rizin but completely outweighed by the 10 hour intermission and organisation and communication of the fight times. That was their biggest L.

Their second biggest L was their local hero and up and comer getting dropped three times inside a minute.

Back