Rivas vs. Rozicki Bridgeweight Title Oct.22 ESPN+

"Based on the lack of interest in from the Jennings camp, we spoke with Kevin Lerena's promoter, Rodney Berman. Lerena is ranked number 2 [at bridgerweight].

“The WBC even sanctioned the fight. However, the Jennings clan, Top Rank and the ESPN network returned to the table to strike a deal.”

At the start of the negotiations, Jennings wanted a large amount of money to face Rivas. According to the paper, ESPN decided to accept Jennings' initial request.

“I received the signed contract from Jennings in the last few hours. As for Rivas, he will sign it on Friday at our office. It will finalize everything," Michel said.

even if a new weight class, which I am against to begin with... but "bridgerweight" ? Sounds awful

Whoa whoa whoa, what's with all the hate here?
Cmon
This is a pretty big deal, fellas
They dont just GIVE the Bridgerweight title to JUST ANYBODY...

Oh wait...

Names need to be changed.
175 Light Heavyweight
190 Cruiserweight
200 Heavyweight
225 Super Heavyweight

Can't think of anyone more deserving than Jennings, who hasn't fought in almost 2 years and has lost his last 2 fights.

Whoa whoa whoa, what's with all the hate here?
Cmon
This is a pretty big deal, fellas
They dont just GIVE the Bridgerweight title to JUST ANYBODY...

Oh wait...

175 Light Heavyweight
190 Cruiserweight
200 Heavyweight
225 Super Heavyweight
Now boxing is going to end up with 2 weight classes that no one cares about, Cruiserweight and Bridgerweight which sounds fucking retarded but wait, its named after a heroic kid, how douchy of me, what they should do is reshuffle 175 to heavyweights, 175 jump to Cruiserweight is a steep one, how long ago was it that 175 moved to Cruiserweight and became successful?

Now boxing is going to end up with 2 weight classes that no one cares about, Cruiserweight and Bridgerweight which sounds fucking retarded but wait, its named after a heroic kid, how douchy of me, what they should do is reshuffle 175 to heavyweights, 175 jump to Cruiserweight is a steep one, how long ago was it that 175 moved to Cruiserweight and became successful?
Adamek?

EDITED TO ADD: I went & looked up when that was, 'cos although the Pole came to mind I couldn't remember how long ago it was. 2008. Fuck I'm old.

Adamek?

EDITED TO ADD: I went & looked up when that was, 'cos although the Pole came to mind I couldn't remember how long ago it was. 2008. Fuck I'm old.
Dont feel bad, I remember his fight against Dawson like it was last year for some reason

175 Light Heavyweight
190 Cruiserweight
200 Heavyweight
225 Super Heavyweight
With weight classes so close together, I'm surprised there's no weight class in the 180lb range.

Back