Rivalries that have Divided Sherdog the Most

Penn v GSP is the biggest Sherdog fan rivalry there's been.
Anderson v GSP is probably second.

Jones v DC seems like it should be up there, but really JBJ ruined that by being a combination of one of the most distasteful dude's in MMA and probably them best fighter. Kind of kills the rivalry and the suspense.

Also there was nearly an IRL fight started here on the forums one night. I believe the sherdoggers went by ChickenSalad and SkyDome? Both stationed in Toronto. A few other guys in the area were out and about trying to document.

ChickenSalad turned ChickenShit and the whole thing fell apart... but it was an epic thread while it lasted.

I've had this sherdog account for about 5 years, and been browsing the forums since like 2008.

I can't really remember a fight/rivalry that has divided sherdog as much as Conor vs. Khabib, can you? Perhaps it's just recency bias, but this feels like by far the #1 divider in Sherdog history that I've seen.

Some other ones that come to mind:

Sonnen vs. Silva 2
-My memory from this is foggy, but I remember this being a big one given the buildup, their 1st fight, Chael's promotion.

GSP vs. BJ Penn 2
-One of the best build ups to a fight ever IMO (their 2nd one). There were some die-hard Penn fans that were devastated from this fight, understandably.

Lesnar vs. Mir 2
-I think now that time has passed, people generally like Lesnar and what he has done in MMA (minus the USADA debacle) but I remember back when he was making a tear in the UFC HW division, people who were not a fan of his/the fact he came from the WWE were banking on Mir being the one to overthrow him.
Jones vs Usada.
Jones loses due to getting caught multiple times. Hiding to avoid testing. Having test levels of a 90 year old man before usada. Admitting to cheating on camera.
Then jones wins because of pulsing and dick pills and snitching and gets away with it.

GSP / Penn 2. Interesting that their first fight was close but wasn’t that divisive on Sherdog. The second fight really created an us vs. them vibe

Dana / Fedor. There were lots of UFC vs. PRIDE debates back in the day but it was the failed UFC negotiations that really seemed to create an anti-Fedor faction. All of a sudden discrediting Fedor became a key part of the identity of the more zombie-ish UFC fans

my dad cant believe brock lost to cain velasquez hes old 70 yrs...still thinks wwe is real and up to this day watches cain vs brock on wwe..

I've had this sherdog account for about 5 years, and been browsing the forums since like 2008.

I can't really remember a fight/rivalry that has divided sherdog as much as Conor vs. Khabib, can you? Perhaps it's just recency bias, but this feels like by far the #1 divider in Sherdog history that I've seen.

Some other ones that come to mind:

Sonnen vs. Silva 2
-My memory from this is foggy, but I remember this being a big one given the buildup, their 1st fight, Chael's promotion.

GSP vs. BJ Penn 2
-One of the best build ups to a fight ever IMO (their 2nd one). There were some die-hard Penn fans that were devastated from this fight, understandably.

Lesnar vs. Mir 2
-I think now that time has passed, people generally like Lesnar and what he has done in MMA (minus the USADA debacle) but I remember back when he was making a tear in the UFC HW division, people who were not a fan of his/the fact he came from the WWE were banking on Mir being the one to overthrow him.
Diaz 1,2,5

Fedor Crocop was literally a Sherdog civil war

WMMA:
Angry insecure incels vs libtards cucks soyboys

BJ/GSP 2 was pretty epic. Then all the butthurt greasegate fans made it even more divided.

DC/JONES as well.

Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei
fedor vs. randy

2 of the most debated, divisive fights in the UFC/Pride days. Those 2 hypothetical matchups were debated for a few years.

UFC vs Pride has to be one of the answers.

Penn and GSP, a previous mod and BJ fan boy Positive Balance went ban hammer crazy ( I was one of his victims as he banned my original account for being a GSP fan ).
He himself was banned from this degenerate display of power and butt hurtness, point is it was a massive shit storm between each respective fan base.

@Bu11etproof_JBE vs Sherdog’s picture posting function

Recent, yet a tussle for the ages. Sherdog’s picture posting function, via vicious KO, IMO.

idjut.gif

Can’t believe some of the shit threads they leave yet that one gets deleted. Fucking asshole mods.

Jones vs Usada.
Jones loses due to getting caught multiple times. Hiding to avoid testing. Having test levels of a 90 year old man before usada. Admitting to cheating on camera.
Then jones wins because of pulsing and dick pills and snitching and gets away with it.

They need a rubbermatch, but I think Jones broke USADA in the rematch.

Back