Rival RB10-d3o Bag Gloves

the center strip looks bizarre, but anyways, looking at the palm and inner lining, the gloves look really comfy

the center strip looks bizarre, but anyways, looking at the palm and inner lining, the gloves look really comfy
The foam covered by the lining inside in the hand compartment (knuckles) is shifting a little bit now when you put your hands in or take the gloves off again, so you have to readjust it a little bit. Not a big deal though.

How's sizing? I'm 85kg, 185cm with averageish sized hands (maybe slightly bigger). and wear 180" or 196" wraps, should I get a size L or XL?

What's your hand circumference? I don't know how big the XL are, all I can do is tell you if L would be your size or not. But it sounds like you should go with size L if you have average hands.

Some dimensions of my hand, all measured from the back of hand

Unclinched fist
4 knuckles (no thumb) 9.5-10cm wide
Knuckles to wrist 10cm
Finger lengths
Pinky: 7cm
Ring finger: 9cm
Middle finger: 10cm
Index: 8.5cm
Thumb: 6.5-7cm

Would also be using 180" or 196" wraps
Lol.

My hand (4 knuckles) measures about 10 cm as well. If you get size L they will be snug and maybe the first 2-3 sessions you won't be able to put on extra long hand wraps. But the gloves will stretch out a little bit, then you can use longer wraps as well. You don't need wraps that long btw with these gloves. :)

If you really want size XL I guess you can shoot Rival an email and they respond pretty quickly. Ask them how big the XL are compared to the size L, I don't know if they are made for people with really big fists or if they are just a little bigger than the size L. If they are just a little big bigger maybe you should get size XL if you really want to put on extra long hand wraps. But I'd rather have a glove with a snug fit over a glove that's too big on me, that doesn't do any good.

Purchased the L's.

You said the foam under the d3o is kinda soft? Do you still get that nice pop when you hit the bag?

I like having my gloves really tight so even if they do get bigger I got the 196" wraps and the title knuckle guards for under the wraps

Enjoy em!

Yeah the d3o is pretty dense so you get that popping sound when hitting the bag as well. :cool:

A nice popping sound on the bag/pads is second only to having sex while eating Krispy Kremes!

So this glove should never be used for sparring? Because, at my gym, we do mostly bag and mitt work, with sparring thrown in every couple of classes. However, to spar, we are only allowed to use jabs to attack, and most of the time, we pull our punches short or, if we do connect, it's only a tap that is more to make your opponent realize that they had an opening.

Anyone have any input?

First ever post, btw :D

So this glove should never be used for sparring? Because, at my gym, we do mostly bag and mitt work, with sparring thrown in every couple of classes. However, to spar, we are only allowed to use jabs to attack, and most of the time, we pull our punches short or, if we do connect, it's only a tap that is more to make your opponent realize that they had an opening.

Anyone have any input?

First ever post, btw :D
Welcome! :cool:

This glove should definitely not be used for sparring. The foam under the d3o doesn't start kicking in until you really put some pressure on the d3o, like a hard punch. If you throw a soft jab, then the guy who gets hit with the jab will only feel the d3o which is very dense, and that will give him a headache pretty quick. I think in your case it would be best if you just took some really cheap sparring gloves for like 20 bucks or so. They can be artificial leather as well.

@Dim Sum
I was gonna say that. :icon_chee

Gloves arrived today, can't test them out for a few weeks though :(

Quality looks very good, they fit but it's a bit of a struggle to get them on with the knuckle guards + handwraps on but that should ease up over time.

The d3o is actually quite hard even when it's not impacted, should make for some good popping on every shot!

Did a bit of shadowboxing with them on and it felt great, nearly like I was wearing no gloves at all

In other news the title gel knuckle protectors are pretty shit out of the packet, I had to do a lot of cutting and removing stitching to get them so I could wear them under my wraps

Good to hear, what color did you get?
Oh and trust me you don't need kuckle guards with those gloves. :)

Since I started using these I won't use anything else for heavy bag work. They're truly a well designed product of the highest quality and worth every penny. The only complaint I have is that they're still difficult to get on with my wraps, even though they're now well broken in.

Wrist protection is excellent. In fact, it's so good I wish the top of the line Rival sparring gloves had the same Velcro system, but they use a different system that I don't like nearly as much.

They also feel very light, which is a plus.

With the protection being so good and the hand compartment being a little on the snug side (even with the largest size), it can be tempting to use them without properly wrapping your hands. Don't. I injured a hand that way and it took a while to heal, which was annoying. Take the time to wrap your hands properly and these are some of the best bag gloves available at any price.

Since I started using these I won't use anything else for heavy bag work. They're truly a well designed product of the highest quality and worth every penny. The only complaint I have is that they're still difficult to get on with my wraps, even though they're now well broken in.

Wrist protection is excellent. In fact, it's so good I wish the top of the line Rival sparring gloves had the same Velcro system, but they use a different system that I don't like nearly as much.

They also feel very light, which is a plus.

With the protection being so good and the hand compartment being a little on the snug side (even with the largest size), it can be tempting to use them without properly wrapping your hands. Don't. I injured a hand that way and it took a while to heal, which was annoying. Take the time to wrap your hands properly and these are some of the best bag gloves available at any price.

Can you post a pic if you got them in red or white?

Back