Rival RB-11 Evolution Bag Gloves (Canadian)

well if the gloves bend excessively they will show up in a picture. Also if the padding is breaking down badly, you can squeeze the padding down with ease, since when they are brand new, the padding is rather dense.

yes, i can bend the cuff. but as for the padding what you say makes no sense - the outer layer is dense and will stay dense, the inner layer is where the problem is and it is of course impossible to show it with squeezing (just like in case of RB10). for how many hours have you used your gloves?

I don't ever keep track of hours, I keep track of rounds. Prior to doing any review I always do a minimum of 50 rounds for the most accurate representation of the gloves which is why it takes about a month to do a written review after I get the gloves in. Sometimes I do back to back reviews when I get 2-3 pairs in.

It really sucks if the rivals start to break down after only 150 rounds I guess I'll have to do a follow up review

I've done follow ups on some of my all time favorite gloves after 6-8 months

I don't ever keep track of hours, I keep track of rounds. Prior to doing any review I always do a minimum of 50 rounds for the most accurate representation of the gloves which is why it takes about a month to do a written review after I get the gloves in. Sometimes I do back to back reviews when I get 2-3 pairs in.

It really sucks if the rivals start to break down after only 150 rounds I guess I'll have to do a follow up review

I've done follow ups on some of my all time favorite gloves after 6-8 months

that's it. most guys in my gym easily put 150 rounds in their bag gloves in week or two (i put it in 2-3 weeks) and we need them to last at least a year. with rb11 and rb10 the problem is they are very good in the beginning but much worse soon after (if used a lot). even rb10 wrist support is not a disaster in the beginning, but after 300 rounds (less than 1 month) is is zero, padding is very good in the begining but is much worse later. rb11 are not bad gloves, they are decent (at 60-80 bucks) but they are not anything great

150 rounds in 2 weeks? That's 13 days worth, 12 rounds everyday on the bag/mitts. Are you actively competing?

yes, occasionally. but it is not that much as it might seem, 150 rounds in 2-3 weeks is less than half an hour per day if you train daily.
i like rival, but i think you a bit overestimated these gloves, they are quite worse with use. the review is fair but only when the gloves are new. but they are still the best rival bag gloves

150 rounds in 2 weeks? That's 13 days worth, 12 rounds everyday on the bag/mitts. Are you actively competing?

That sounds like a lot but I could see it, especially for a serious striker. I do about 10 rounds a day, 4-5 days a week. In Thailand, I would do 10 rounds....2 times a day, 6 days a week for a month. That makes 120 rounds a week on the bag and pads.

yes, exactly. personally i do some bagwork every training, sparring is just 3 times a week, so my 150 rounds are more likely in 3 weeks. there are some pro and some promising amateurs in gym who train 3x as much and easily do 150+ rounds on bag in one week.

If you are interested in this glove, there is a 15% discount with the code usaday15. I'm tempted, I probably would have ordered already if it wasn't for the $19 shipping.

Back