Rival heavy bags

KickassSeabass

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi fellow gear junkies,

I know I ask a lot of question regarding Rival gear...they are at a driving distance and I dig the look of their gear ;)

Has anyone tried their heavy bags over a period of time ? Do they set at the bottom or , like KOfightgears, never become rock hard at the bottom ?

Thanks and happy new year to all of you.

I didn't try one personally but my boy had a bag for a year or so that seemed to hold up well.

Are you looking g for a bag that gets hard on bottom or would you rather have the ko style? I beleive rivals don't settle as much as say a everlasting.

Personally I'd just get a KO but.rival makes good stuff, I have yet to hear or see a thread or topic that bushes them for poor quality.

Get an Outslayer!!!! No settling, 100% rag filled. Best bag I have ever owned. I'll recommend the KO also.

I already have an Outslayer thai bag but since I live in Canada, they ship only unfilled bag. I filled it with a mix of rags, clothes and cellulose insulation. It as a nice feel, but sadly the bottom portion as become rather hard. Not rock hard tho. I can still kick it.

I was at the Rival store yestersay and there bags seemed pretty solid and they felt really nice. They have a new color patern ( orange and black ) and it looks pretty good. Sadly they are expensive.

My question was mostly out of curiosity.

Thanks guys for the answers.

Personally I like the settling and stiffness for shin conditioning.

We just got an outslayer at my gym glad to know they are quality.

I havent tried their bags, but I will say Ive never had a bad product from Rival. So much better than Top 10 if we are talking canadian brands .

Personally I like the settling and stiffness for shin conditioning.

We just got an outslayer at my gym glad to know they are quality.

I think its impossible to go thru an Outslayer bag. They are just so damn tuff and well built.

I think the problem with mine was the cellulose insulation that settled. It was hard and kind of springy. So I emptied it this morning ( what a f...g mess !!!!) and re-stuffed it with rags only.

Hope it will be better.

Also, for all off those who want to fill their own heavy bag, dont use cellulose insulation. I read it was a good option but it is not lol. It gives a hard springy feeling to the bag. I was short on old clothes and buying a 25lbs bag of cellulose for 9 $ seemed to be a good option and a way to save time. Cut up clothes and rags and a broomstick will do the job perfectly. It takes about 1 hour to fill a thai bag BTW.

Last edited:
FYI, as per Rival customer service, their bag are not supposed to set at all. Was told that in 11 years of doing business, they never got bad feedback about their bags.

Back