rival gloves

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i really like the shape of rival gives im thinking of getting a pair for bags anyone here use them and have any good comparisons?

I use 10oz Rival RFX-Guerrero Pro Fight Gloves (the HDE-F) when I am training on the bag in work gym, I like them nice and light and can work on shots.

RB11 are really nice and pop like a mofo on the bag. Padding is really hard and takes a lots of rounds before breaking in.

RB10 are like slippers for the hands. Soooo comfy and gives good protection. Not sure about the d3O and its purpose tho.

RB2 is a great bag glove at a great price. Jammed my thumb on the left hook a few times with them. Only glove I jammed my thumbs.

RB1 is perfect but the thumbs are a bit on the short side.

Hope this helps.

I use 10oz Rival RFX-Guerrero Pro Fight Gloves (the HDE-F) when I am training on the bag in work gym, I like them nice and light and can work on shots.

I want them so bad and they are so comfy. Just afraid they wont last long as they are fight gloves.

How many rounds have you done with them ?

I want them so bad and they are so comfy. Just afraid they wont last long as they are fight gloves.

Get the HDE, the other version is way too soft for bags. They’ll last you a few hundred rounds easy, probably several hundred if you take care of them. But the foam on the thumb will compress eventually and the gloves will loosen with time. High quality though.

Hard to say I would say 50ish but its not a really heavy bag if you know what I mean. I have a custom pair from MXN Boxing and he told me bag and pads they will last ages and so far they still look near new.

Are you in the UK?

Hard to say I would say 50ish but its not a really heavy bag if you know what I mean. I have a custom pair from MXN Boxing and he told me bag and pads they will last ages and so far they still look near new.

Are you in the UK?

I'm in Canada.

RB11 are really nice and pop like a mofo on the bag. Padding is really hard and takes a lots of rounds before breaking in.

RB10 are like slippers for the hands. Soooo comfy and gives good protection. Not sure about the d3O and its purpose tho.

RB2 is a great bag glove at a great price. Jammed my thumb on the left hook a few times with them. Only glove I jammed my thumbs.

RB1 is perfect but the thumbs are a bit on the short side.

Hope this helps.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the RB10s. We (Forza Sports) sell a ton of different types of gloves, but I stick with Rival for my own training. I mainly use them during mitt work.

I love my RS11v. Other than my desire for high quality (aesthetic and tactile preference) real leather, that is the perfect sparring glove sub $200. Prefer it to my RFX Guerrerros. Even felt better, to me when trying it out in the store, than a Winning and a Reyes extra padding velcro.

I love my RS11v. Other than my desire for high quality (aesthetic and tactile preference) real leather, that is the perfect sparring glove sub $200. Prefer it to my RFX Guerrerros. Even felt better, to me when trying it out in the store, than a Winning and a Reyes extra padding velcro.
You mean the winning Velcro? Those gloves are rubbish not sure what winning are thinking but I guess they don't care given how good the lace ups are

You mean the winning Velcro? Those gloves are rubbish not sure what winning are thinking but I guess they don't care given how good the lace ups are

Yes, velcros version. Damn, now i'm kicking myself for not trying the laceups! I had to go to LA for that. i'm in Vancouver, not many stores up here have Winnings in stock.

I do prefer the RSV11 velcros over laceups w/ lace&loops. But i'm a rec KB guy, not a boxer. I don't have them on for hours at a time. Putting them on and off is the norm for me.

I have just made a review of the new Rival RS80V which is the sparring version of the RB80 I mentioned above. Just in case it is of interest to anyone to have matching sparring and bag gloves. It even has a bit of Scottish wildlife in it!

Last edited:
Yes, velcros version. Damn, now i'm kicking myself for not trying the laceups! I had to go to LA for that. i'm in Vancouver, not many stores up here have Winnings in stock.

I do prefer the RSV11 velcros over laceups w/ lace&loops. But i'm a rec KB guy, not a boxer. I don't have them on for hours at a time. Putting them on and off is the norm for me.

The velcro gloves of Winning is absolutely bad at supporting the wrists.

They dont have any padding on the wrists on the palm sides. In addition, the size of the velcros is so small that the gloves cant keep the wrists safe.

The lace ups are superb

I have the exact same thing but the bag version and they are collecting dust. They just wreck my knuckles something fierce. If it wasn't for that I'd give them a 10/10 though.

The velcro gloves of Winning is absolutely bad at supporting the wrists.

They dont have any padding on the wrists on the palm sides. In addition, the size of the velcros is so small that the gloves cant keep the wrists safe.

The lace ups are superb
I honestly don't understand why they make them like this!!

Same here, I'm guessing Winning is expecting that people are buying the velcros are using it as bag gloves (so no padding on the wrist cause you won't be blocking shots and less wrist support so you'll make sure you'll properly land the punches). Kind of like how the padding of the 8, 10 oz Winnings are a little different between the Magic Tape (Velcro) and Lace Ups. However, if that's what they are going for, I wished they just made a separate, less expensive Bag Glove line.

When there is no support for the wrists, the users have to land punches in a right way; the exact knuckles. In addition, they must have strong wrists not to be bent punching the bags.

They are just not good other than knuckle protection.

When there is no support for the wrists, the users have to land punches in a right way; the exact knuckles. In addition, they must have strong wrists not to be bent punching the bags.

They are just not good other than knuckle protection.
Yes but who would want to spar in such gloves? They should make them with proper wrist support like the laceups

Back