Crime Rittenhouse trial underway ***Verdict: Acquitted of all charges***

Did the evidence provided in Court proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Kyle R is Guilty of Murder

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe. Or because Kyle beat all the charges, so Binger offered a sweetheart deal just to get a "win". And of course Black would be a fool not to take it.
So it seems like the real crime on all of this is going basically unpunished. <mma4>

So it seems like the real crime on all of this is going basically unpunished. <mma4>

If you're referring to the straw purchase then yeah. Although there's an argument to be made that it doesn't quite amount to one since the gun was always to remain in Black's possession until it could be legally transferred to Kyle (i.e. after turning 18). Considering the feds rarely prosecute felons who are denied sales when failing background checks, not prosecuting Black sounds about right.

If you're referring to the straw purchase then yeah. Although there's an argument to be made that it doesn't quite amount to one since the gun was always to remain in Black's possession until it could be legally transferred to Kyle (i.e. after turning 18). Considering the feds rarely prosecute felons who are denied sales when failing background checks, not prosecuting Black sounds about right.
I didn't agree with the murder charges but they both should have been charged with the straw purchase IMO.

I didn't agree with the murder charges but they both should have been charged with the straw purchase IMO.

I've never seen any rationale from whichever federal prosecutor declined to pursue it. But have seen plenty of speculation on whether or not it's a straw purchase since Black retained possession. Would have been interesting to see how it played out. But since they always planned to transfer the gun legally from Black to Kyle then a pretty big element of the crime is missing (i.e. a prohibited person gaining possession by circumventing the background check). This was more about gaining supervised access prior to reaching the age requirement.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kyle-rittenhouse-heads-court-gun-045604519.html

Court proceedings agree to destroy Rittenhouse's gun. Such a great use of time and taxpayer dollars.

Moral victory for the left.

Ricky Schroeder getting his bail money back is a nice development. Good for Kyle that he gets to keep half the 2 million.

Guess I don't understand how legally the gun is Kyle's and not Black's though. Sure, it was Kyle's money. But Black bought it, kept it, and the deal was for Kyle to acquire it when he turned 18. So at the time of the incident, as per their agreement, it seems the rifle was more Black's than Kyle's. Not my problem. Just curious.

This was 2021's greatest thread. <45>

s3.jpg

i thought rittenhouse had already committed to destroying the gun himself, to prevent it from becoming a collectors item or temptation for thieves, etc.

He did, unfortunately.

It's definitely the most valuable M&P15 in the world.

Back