Risky Attacks Gone Wrong

kushn4pushin

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/embed/76321" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OP should be in the OP

First thing that comes to mind for me is the spinning back elbow Faber launched at Brown, that got him dropped/stopped/dethroned.

Fail better, TS.

First that comes to mind is Faber's Alpha Fail against Mike Brown.

lol i came in to say that its widley considered to be the number one fail move in mma...

urijah faber's elbow from hell is number one

stun guns spinning elbow on woodley has to be in the top 3 to 8 somewhere

WHEW! Got in right under the radar for Thread of the Year.

I still think of Sonnen's spinning shit on AS in their second fight. Although I do love watching MTB just absolutely wreck Faber.

1. Faber fails with a spinning elbow vs Brown.
2. Sonnen fails with a spinning back fist vs Silva.
3. DHK fails with a spinning back elbow vs Woodley.

I guess it wasn't too risky, in general, but I think of stuff like Gray Maynard's slam on Rob Emerson and Matt Lindland and Mark Kerr did similar things as well.

But definitely Shungo Oyama's rolling failed attempt at a leglock on Andrews Nakahara which knocked himself half unconscious.

There's Arlovski, then there's everything else.

Same here, this exact move by Faber, then comes Sonnen spinning backing to nowhere,

many see it as a fix, but k shamrock went for a questionable sub and got pounded out by rich franklin

maia went for a risky kick vs. marquardt and got his head knocked off

1. Sonnens backfist in second Silva fight.
2. TS trying to post a video on Sherdog

fabers elbow lunge wasnt a spinning elbow... was it? it was just launched from his ankles all the way to above mtb's head

Faber's superman punch attempt against Tyson Griffin.

fabers elbow lunge wasnt a spinning elbow... was it? it was just launched from his ankles all the way to above mtb's head

He was facing the cage, and spun it back at Brown(if I recall correctly, granted it has been a long while since I've watched it). Threw himself right into Brown's counter-punch.

yeah i am still a sonnen fan, but sonnen's backfist against silva was EPIC FAIL and basically cost him the whole fight - of course if he scrambled immediately after slipping he would have probably been ok

Randlemans awesome German suplex was immediately followed by Fedor showing just what a boss he was. Like it didn't even fucking happen. It's not even legal in the UFC nowadays. I think cuz it's basically a pile driver. So it's like the most successful fail ever.

Back