Economy Rising food, rent costs eat into young professionals' disposable income

It is though. We're all facing the same costs. Perhaps you grew up more privileged than I to expect "disposable income" when you're paying rent and buying your own food. This is how it is and always has been. Shit is expensive. Thats why we don't all live on tropical islands bathing in our "disposable income."

Let me break this down for you in a simple way that hopefully you can understand.

Imagine a country where the average income is 50k per year. The average cost of housing, groceries and utilities is 1k per month.

Now imagine that same country, at a different point in time, when the average income is 55k per year, but the average cost of housing, groceries, and utilities is 2k per month.

From a purely financial perspective, which of these two times would you prefer to live? If the second scenario occurs at a later timer than the first, and a person living in the second scenario bitched about the rising costs of living, would it really make sense to say 'its always been this way', when in fact, it hasn't?

No shit that you have to use part of your income for necessities - the point is that the cost of those necessities is going up, while wages aren't.

So you just stay at home all day? The deal with prepping meals is to grab a meal and go.
yes, I do, white collar job <Lmaoo>

I do spend most of my time working, as I am relatively inactive on SD

The Senate just passed another $700 BILLION in spending. Much will go to Social Justice crap, funding the IRS to have a huge expansion in agents and audits, and other Leftist dreams. I wonder what they paid off Joe Manchin with?

Inflation is only going to get worse now as the corporations are going to pass off the expenses to the consumers... just like ALWAYS.

The Senate just passed another $700 BILLION in spending. Much will go to Social Justice crap, funding the IRS to have a huge expansion in agents and audits, and other Leftist dreams. I wonder what they paid off Joe Manchin with?

Inflation is only going to get worse now as the corporations are going to pass off the expenses to the consumers... just like ALWAYS.

Fuck, the IRS needs it. It basically isn't functional now.

I'm not going to get all excited about this. I'm retired and set financially. I can hint and fish.
Good luck guys. You get what you vote for.

Young liberal progressives can start hunting each other for food for all I care.

Fly over people still know how to grow crops, hunt and fish.

Let me break this down for you in a simple way that hopefully you can understand.

Imagine a country where the average income is 50k per year. The average cost of housing, groceries and utilities is 1k per month.

Now imagine that same country, at a different point in time, when the average income is 55k per year, but the average cost of housing, groceries, and utilities is 2k per month.

From a purely financial perspective, which of these two times would you prefer to live? If the second scenario occurs at a later timer than the first, and a person living in the second scenario bitched about the rising costs of living, would it really make sense to say 'its always been this way', when in fact, it hasn't?

No shit that you have to use part of your income for necessities - the point is that the cost of those necessities is going up, while wages aren't.
200.gif

I just have to ask where do the have all this money if they do to spend on Ukraine? Pakistan? Middle East?

It seems they have more money to waste on other things but never the infrastructures. Or the cancelled railroad projects etc..

Back