RISEN

By straight dude crapping on homosexuals... are you talking about the many Christians that do that?
Those as well, yes.

Christians come in many sinful forms, in case your internet is down.

Those as well, yes.

Christians come in many sinful forms, in case your internet is down.
Nahh... just a poor example you chose. As most of the negative views towards the gays in the west seem to be based on the Bible.

Nahh... just a poor example you chose. As most of the negative views towards the gays in the west seem to be based on the Bible.
Scripture doesn't tell Yeshua's followers to hate gays...if they are, they're clearly not reading their Bible accurately or often enough.

Simple as that, Brah.

Don't look to Christ followers for Holyness...look to Christ.

Scripture doesn't tell Yeshua's followers to hate gays...if they are, they're clearly not reading their Bible accurately or often enough.

Simple as that, Brah.

Don't look to Christ followers for Holyness...look to Christ.
They usually quote Paul, the Romans.

They usually quote Paul, the Romans.
That's why I, personally, take everything with a grain of salt. I don't care if it comes from a Pastor's mouth...I'm going to verify the veracity of their claim within Scripture.

....it's coming out tomorrow. I only got one day off and not much to do around here in the winter time was thinking about bringing my boy to go see it.

Anyone else going to see it tomorrow?

Watched it today. Excellent movie!

the movie tells the story from the eyes of an unbeliever and delivers the story in a unique way. Thought it was pretty good, probably the best production i've seen about the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Maybe other people have better things to do, including but not limited to watching paint dry... or yawning. Or reading a better work of fiction like a Patterson novel.

Is this movie supposed to the the historically accurate retelling of what really went down during the founding of Christianity?

Kind of in the same light as Russell Crowe's Robin Hood. Basically if Jesus is a real person, then how his story most likely went down.

They need to make a movie about Momhammed.

I never watch Christian movies, because I find them cringe worthy. My Christian friends dragged me to God's Not Dead, and I did cringe a half dozen times.

This one looks good. Saw the trailer and it looks like they're trying to keep it historical. I'm curious if they leave it open-ended, or if they show Jesus risen? Given the title, I think I know. Will watch.

I never watch Christian movies, because I find them cringe worthy. My Christian friends dragged me to God's Not Dead, and I did cringe a half dozen times.

This one looks good. Saw the trailer and it looks like they're trying to keep it historical. I'm curious if they leave it open-ended, or if they show Jesus risen? Given the title, I think I know. Will watch.

Yeah I started to watch God's Not Dead and didn't finish it.

This was pretty good I thought. I can put some spoilers in if you would like without giving away too much of it.

Yeah I started to watch God's Not Dead and didn't finish it.

This was pretty good I thought. I can put some spoilers in if you would like without giving away too much of it.

Yeah, that'd be cool. I'm pretty sure I'll watch it anyways, so it doesn't matter that much.

I wish I could remember the name of one I saw a couple of years ago. It's a really old film, like 1930s or something, possibly Danish or something, and it tells a story about a newlywed couple, coping with religious differences between the woman's father and the husband and dealing with pregnancy that appears to end the worst way possible. There is also this odd brother who is sort of an extremely timid Christ figure. The film is extremely heavy stuff and will touch anyone who has a human soul. I try to get the name from somewhere. It will be worth your time to see it, I guarantee it.

Edit: Found it! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048452/ Ordet, from 1955. I thought it was earlier.

I wish I could remember the name of one I saw a couple of years ago. It's a really old film, like 1930s or something, possibly Danish or something, and it tells a story about a newlywed couple, coping with religious differences between the woman's father and the husband and dealing with pregnancy that appears to end the worst way possible. There is also this odd brother who is sort of an extremely timid Christ figure. The film is extremely heavy stuff and will touch anyone who has a human soul. I try to get the name from somewhere. It will be worth your time to see it, I guarantee it.

I'm a sucker for foreign films so much that people think I'm pretentious. I'd appreciate the name.

Edit: Got it thanks. I'll try to track it down online.

Last edited:
Yeah, that'd be cool. I'm pretty sure I'll watch it anyways, so it doesn't matter that much.

Alright he comes the spoilers, this will pretty much give a way the whole movie so reader beware! ***EDIT****Perhaps I should have scaled it back a bit on the spoiler.... looking back at my original post, I said without giving away too much. I pretty much gave away the whole thing

You're first introduced to this high ranking Roman soldier fighting in battle. Afterwards he meets up with Pontius pilate to find and Pontius Pilate explains to him that he had to crucify a Nazarene. Pontius Pilate orders him to go down and check on it.

When the Roman soldier begins his journey down to the crucifixion there is the earthquake and temple veil splits from top to bottom taken from Matthew 27 51. The main character (I've already forgotten his name) goes down to see that Jesus (they refer to Him as Yeshua in the movie though, that's kinda cool) has already died. When the main character talks to the roman soldier in charge he seems a bit startled and says he died when the Nazarene said "it is finshed" right before the earthquake.

And as you know the tomb becomes empty. Everyone is in a frenzy and ordering to find the body before there is an uproar-Jews are mad. And this is all given the perspective from the roman soldiers so you don't see where mary magadelne finds the body...you just hear it from other people that the tomb is empty and then he goes and sees for himself that the tomb is empty. And he talks to the soldiers and the soldiers story doesn't match up and it's obvious they've been paid by the Jews to claim that the body was stolen by the disciples.

So the roman solider goes around investigating and getting accounts from people of what happened. Gives a lot of suspense cause you don't see Jesus risen for some time and you just hear the accounts from Mary Magadelene, Bartholomew and some others who've claim to have seen Jesus alive...

And it's quite a bit into the movie until we're introduced into Jesus, which is cool cause it makes me wonder are we going to see Jesus? Is his portrayal going to live up to the hype from his followers? And overall I thought they did pretty good job. and so it's quite a bit into the movie where the roman soldier is hot on the case and chasing down the disciples and the roman soldier sees him first hand and he's kicking in the door and he's shocked to see Jesus alive among his disciples and is left speechless, cause all this time he doesn't believe...and he's looking for the body of Jesus Christ and the ones that stole it, not believing any of the hype...and then he sees that Jesus is indeed alive.

And it appears the time the Roman soldier sees Jesus alive is the same time where Thomas sees for himself that Jesus is alive as well cause Jesus shows him the marks on his hands and where the spear...

Another part of the bible that they put in there is where Peter is fishing and then comes a man on the beach that they don't recognize and he tells them to try fishing on the other side...and when they do they can't bring the fish into the boat

Overall thought they did pretty good job. Made me think what an awesome experience it would have been to have walked with Jesus in that time. I enjoyed it.

But then again I'm probably a bit biased

Last edited:
This thread is pretty solid proof that Jesus did not come to bring peace to the Earth! (Matthew 10:34)

Believe...THAT.

I'd totally stand my ground if he pointed that shit at me.

Boom bye bye: He gets five-holed once again. Praise be to Oloukun!

Sure... Ill be the first. I'm guessing the movie is called Risen because Jesus rose from the dead. Well, he didn't and neither has anyone else so why would I want to watch a movie based on something that never happened and could never happen?

I'm a atheist and I like Star Wars.

Alright he comes the spoilers, this will pretty much give a way the whole movie so reader beware! ***EDIT****Perhaps I should have scaled it back a bit on the spoiler.... looking back at my original post, I said without giving away too much. I pretty much gave away the whole thing

You're first introduced to this high ranking Roman soldier fighting in battle. Afterwards he meets up with Pontius pilate to find and Pontius Pilate explains to him that he had to crucify a Nazarene. Pontius Pilate orders him to go down and check on it.

When the Roman soldier begins his journey down to the crucifixion there is the earthquake and temple veil splits from top to bottom taken from Matthew 27 51. The main character (I've already forgotten his name) goes down to see that Jesus (they refer to Him as Yeshua in the movie though, that's kinda cool) has already died. When the main character talks to the roman soldier in charge he seems a bit startled and says he died when the Nazarene said "it is finshed" right before the earthquake.

And as you know the tomb becomes empty. Everyone is in a frenzy and ordering to find the body before there is an uproar-Jews are mad. And this is all given the perspective from the roman soldiers so you don't see where mary magadelne finds the body...you just hear it from other people that the tomb is empty and then he goes and sees for himself that the tomb is empty. And he talks to the soldiers and the soldiers story doesn't match up and it's obvious they've been paid by the Jews to claim that the body was stolen by the disciples.

So the roman solider goes around investigating and getting accounts from people of what happened. Gives a lot of suspense cause you don't see Jesus risen for some time and you just hear the accounts from Mary Magadelene, Bartholomew and some others who've claim to have seen Jesus alive...

And it's quite a bit into the movie until we're introduced into Jesus, which is cool cause it makes me wonder are we going to see Jesus? Is his portrayal going to live up to the hype from his followers? And overall I thought they did pretty good job. and so it's quite a bit into the movie where the roman soldier is hot on the case and chasing down the disciples and the roman soldier sees him first hand and he's kicking in the door and he's shocked to see Jesus alive among his disciples and is left speechless, cause all this time he doesn't believe...and he's looking for the body of Jesus Christ and the ones that stole it, not believing any of the hype...and then he sees that Jesus is indeed alive.

And it appears the time the Roman soldier sees Jesus alive is the same time where Thomas sees for himself that Jesus is alive as well cause Jesus shows him the marks on his hands and where the spear...

Another part of the bible that they put in there is where Peter is fishing and then comes a man on the beach that they don't recognize and he tells them to try fishing on the other side...and when they do they can't bring the fish into the boat

Overall thought they did pretty good job. Made me think what an awesome experience it would have been to have walked with Jesus in that time. I enjoyed it.

But then again I'm probably a bit biased

I skimmed it quickly as to not catch every word. Look forward to watching.

Back