Who Wins?

• Total voters

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
EbLiy8XU4AA7CkO

Last edited:
How do you make polls? Also, is there any legit reason to think Yuki would win this? Apart from anything can happen in a fight, of course. Legit question.

How do you make polls? Also, is there any legit reason to think Yuki would win this? Apart from anything can happen in a fight, of course. Legit question.
No lol
This is a warmup for Tenshin possibly fighting Takeru the following month at 60kg

No lol
This is a warmup for Tenshin possibly fighting Takeru the following month at 60kg
Two votes for Yuki though. Just wondering, can't remember how he fights. I'll take your word for it.

U click the add a poll option? idk if it's only available to platinum members tho...

hopefully there is an english stream for this card

Key word is "possibly"
Quit dodging the question , yeah it’s a possibility , but AGAIN, where are you even hearing from that there is a possibility they are gonna fight ? Your source is probably from a Sherdogger lol

Quit dodging the question , yeah it’s a possibility , but AGAIN, where are you even hearing from that there is a possibility they are gonna fight ? Your source is probably from a Sherdogger lol
Takeru said in so many words that this year has to be about something bigger than K-1, martial arts orgs need to come together to put on an event that captures the attention of Japan. Basically contradicting the K-1 vs The World doctrine that he's usually gone with and extending the bridge to co-promotion

Takeru said in so many words that this year has to be about something bigger than K-1, martial arts orgs need to come together to put on an event that captures the attention of Japan. Basically contradicting the K-1 vs The World doctrine that he's usually gone with and extending the bridge to co-promotion
Unfortunately Takeru doesn't run a promotion and he's always been open to this fight. Much more possible is politics preventing this fight from happening this year at least.

Who are the people running the promotions in Japan? Who decides what gets done or not?

Who are the people running the promotions in Japan? Who decides what gets done or not?

The head of K-1 is blocking negociations by asking for Tenshin to sign with them if he wants to fight Takeru which is not happening.
K-1 collaborated with Rizin on NYE 2015 but stopped (I don't know why) and since then they are acting as other organizations don't exist. Rise is more open to collaboration, having the fight happen on neutral ground in Rizin seems fine but K-1 are maintaining their position.

With the Olympics and different RISE/K-1 shows postponed, Sakakibara (head of Rizin) wants to do a "mega event", the only possibility to do something that big would be Takeru vs Tenshin, so it seems closer than ever.
If you had to that the fact that Tenshin is making a big jump in weight for the Yuki fight, the idea of a catchweight with Takeru isn't that crazy anymore. All theory for now though.

The head of K-1 is blocking negociations by asking for Tenshin to sign with them if he wants to fight Takeru which is not happening.
K-1 collaborated with Rizin on NYE 2015 but stopped (I don't know why) and since then they are acting as other organizations don't exist. Rise is more open to collaboration, having the fight happen on neutral ground in Rizin seems fine but K-1 are maintaining their position.

With the Olympics and different RISE/K-1 shows postponed, Sakakibara (head of Rizin) wants to do a "mega event", the only possibility to do something that big would be Takeru vs Tenshin, so it seems closer than ever.
If you had to that the fact that Tenshin is making a big jump in weight for the Yuki fight, the idea of a catchweight with Takeru isn't that crazy anymore. All theory for now though.
I think you misunderstood my question. I was asking about the owners/managers/promoters of those organizations. What are their backgrounds? Where does the money come from?

I think you misunderstood my question. I was asking about the owners/managers/promoters of those organizations. What are their backgrounds? Where does the money come from?

K-1 Japan is officially the Japanese branch of K-1 Global who doesn't do anything and barely exist. It's composed of former K-1 people (pre 2010) + the people acquired from Krush (former AJKF). They're making money mostly from tickets then sponsors/broadcast rights (Abema + recent TV deal), also a small part of merch too I imagine. They were a relatively small org just 4 years ago and slowly made their way up to K'Festa size shows but they're not doing that great financially. Just slowly growing event by event.
Kensaku Maeda https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensaku_Maeda was a big part of the new K-1 (original producer until 2016 before getting fired). I'm not sure who is excatly the at the top right now.

RISE was a good but minor org who benefited of the absence of K-1 to get bigger around 2014 with the popularity of Tenshin and new investors (bigger is Cygames I think, they sponsor Tenshin directly too). The dirigeant is Takashi Ito https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takashi_Ito who is a former fighter and the TARGET gym owner where Tenshin was at his debut. They are also on Abema and recently got a TV deal too.
I don't know that much more about it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Takeru doesn't run a promotion and he's always been open to this fight. Much more possible is politics preventing this fight from happening this year at least.
Takeru has always been open to the fight with the caveat that it happened under the K-1 banner because, to quote the man; "K-1 is the greatest"
His tact changed quite a lot in his most recent post fight speech - when you consider K-1 literally edits out Tenshin's name in fight replays if the commentators say it on the live broadcast

K-1 Japan is officially the Japanese branch of K-1 Global who doesn't do anything and barely exist. It's composed of former K-1 people (pre 2010) + the people acquired from Krush (former AJKF). They're making money mostly from tickets then sponsors/broadcast rights (Abema + recent TV deal), also a small part of merch too I imagine. They were a relatively small org just 4 years ago and slowly made their way up to K'Festa size shows but they're not doing that great financially. Just slowly growing event by event.
Kensaku Maeda https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensaku_Maeda was a big part of the new K-1 (original producer until 2016 before getting fired). I'm not sure who is excatly the at the top right now.

RISE was a good but minor org who benefited of the absence of K-1 and got bigger around 2014 with the popularity of Tenshin and the new investors (bigger is Cygames I think). The dirigeant is Takashi Ito https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takashi_Ito who is a former fighter and the TARGET gym owner where Tenshin was at his debut.
I don't know that much more about it.
Cool, thanks for the info.

Back