Rippetoes help

the_harbinger: 1 codysweet02: 0

:icon_chee

I'm just messin' with ya.

I'll admit...I was intrigued to know what Mark thought, so props for asking.

I figured I would either be right, or he would make fun of me like he does everyone else. But i got neither.

I followed up asking him if your 5x3 max is 195 if you start with that or if you would start lower, he hasnt replied yet. I say you start with 195, care to wager on this one?:icon_chee

Mate unless those numbers are in KG our you weigh less than 140lbs, you are beginner strength wise.

I figured I would either be right, or he would make fun of me like he does everyone else. But i got neither.

I followed up asking him if your 5x3 max is 195 if you start with that or if you would start lower, he hasnt replied yet. I say you start with 195, care to wager on this one?:icon_chee

Sure. Make sure it's clear that it's 3 sets of five and not 5 sets of three.

a good weight to start with for a SS program would be 10-15% less than your 5rm since rarely would we have anyone going over 155 in the bench, 200 in the squat and 250 in the DL.

most claims of high numbers are forced rep partials

Mate unless those numbers are in KG our you weigh less than 140lbs, you are beginner strength wise.

This is true. What I meant by not beginner was that I am not a first timer that does not know how to even properly perform the lifts. I mean the guy that can only deadlift 80lbs just because its akward and he has never done it before. I have known how to do the lifts for a while and I've increased weight on them. Sorry if that was misunderstood. And yeah I'm 6'0 and about 148lbs. And 135 lbs is NOT my max, its my 5RM for 3 sets. Like I said at one point I COULD bench over 160lbs, but that was years ago and it was because I trained OHP consistently and ate 6k calories a day consistently.

Back