RIP Travell Maizon

MeanStreets

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
As per ESPN's Steve Kim

Junior middleweight fighter Travell Mazion died Wednesday night in a car crash, according to police. He was 24.

Mazion was involved in a car crash outside Austin, Texas, when the Cadillac he was driving crossed the center median into oncoming traffic. Also killed was the driver of one of the vehicles he struck. Austin-Travis County EMS said one other person was taken to the hospital.

"We at Golden Boy are deeply saddened by the tragic passing of Travell Mazion last night," Golden Boy Promotions, the company that handled his career, said in a statement. "Mazion was a kind, charismatic young man who lit up every room he walked into and brought excitement to fans inside the ring. We send our heartfelt prayers and thoughts to his family. May he rest in peace."

With a record of 17-0 (13 KOs), Mazion had an exciting fan-friendly style inside the ring, and 2020 looked to be a pivotal year for his career. He last fought on Jan. 11 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, scoring a first-round stoppage of Fernando Castaneda.

Golden Boy's Oscar De La Hoya called Mazion a "nice young man with all the talent in the world."

*edit RIP to the driver of the other vehicle as well.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/29474755/boxer-travell-mazion-dies-24-reported-car-crash

Last edited:
darn, RIP. Sounds like he fell asleep at the wheel or something. I had a friend from high-school who died that way. At least that's what it was ruled. No alcohol, no drugs, just late after a long shift coming down a mountain pass.

Damn, RIP. I was a bit critical of his style in pbp threads, but I still thought he would at least get a belt at some point. Dude had a ton of natural talent and seemed like a good dude.

Man, this is pretty awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back