Reaction score
ee13ad238c27012b09605b67fee18e95.jpg

74b49bb05d109c12740f6a7067006f0e_c0-0-3886-2265_s885x516.jpg

Just passed away at 77.

Dementia is a cunt.

RIP to an absolute legend.

200122-terry-jones-cs-812a_b475f8be6bd577b0c87b357a02f9cb6b.fit-760w.jpg

Farewell Mr Creosote..

RIP, in addition to Monty Python and other comedies, he did a number of very good documentaries. They have a bit of comedic flare, as well as some of that classic Monty Python like animation from certain scenes.

His best was a 4 part series on The Crusades, but I can't find it on youtube for some reason, used to be on there.

And then there was 4.

Decided to watch all of MP last year. Classic stuff.

Dang...

R.I.P. :(

Which member was everyone’s favorite?

I’m a Michael Palin guy.

RIP. Sad to hear.

I’ll most remember him from that scene in Holy Grail where he is the prince who doesn’t want to get married but just wants to sing...

With Palin as his father and Chapman and Idle as the two royal guards. For me, it’s the funniest sequence in the film and that’s saying something, as there are many hilarious moments.

He was also great as the knight that Arthur first recruits. The guy whose insane pseudoscience is used during the witch trial.

Didn't even realize he wrote Labyrinth

When guys like him go I don't mourn much. They've made their mark and their work is timeless, they'll live forever. So celebrate.

RIP...

Still....

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life...

( and yea, I know that's not his song)

One of the things that bums me out is that Monty Python members will die in my lifetime. I've always like Jones. Underrated & outshone by his peers but he had a warm quality (Palin has it too) that Idle & Cleese lacks.

RIP.

Which member was everyone’s favorite?

I’m a Michael Palin guy.

Palin and Jones were writing partners so he had a hand in those characters.

At the sillier end of Python but I always loved...

EqualSevereBilby-size_restricted.gif

I think actually Palin/Jones was a lot of what held Python together, not just Jones being the organiser(and going on to direct the films) but in finding the middle ground between the more Obxbridge Cleese/Chapman stuff and the broader Eric Idle stuff.

RIP

Really inappropriate time and place to name everybody else as their favourite Monty Python

Back