RIP SUNFISH

BusterKeaton

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know this might not be the "right spot" for this but this is how the most people that posted with this guy for years could remember him so have a heart and don't move this.

This was posted by his brother not me.

"Chris Owen, my brother, passed away last week. Chris was a devoted son of Clive and Margaret, a loving brother to Kenneth, and a proud uncle of Emily. He attended Yarm School, where he took his A-Levels and represented the school with distinction at cricket and hockey. After a gap year, in which he played soccer in America for the College of Marin Mariners, he went up to the University of Hull, where he read for a BA in History. After university, he qualified as a chartered accountant with PriceWaterhouseCoopers, before moving to work at Clive Owen and Company. Chris was accomplished in many fields. He played cricket and hockey, not only for school and university sides, but also at Darlington and Cockerton Cricket Clubs, and Darlington Hockey Club. His most notable achievements came through bridge, winning many prestigious local tournaments in the North East and Yorkshire. He represented England at U-19 and U-25 (junior) levels, part of the winning team in the Junior Camrose and Channel Trophy. In 2011 he was part of the North East team that won the Tollemache, England’s County Championship, for the first time. Chris will be sorely missed by those he has left behind. We will remember his smile, his competitive spirit, his many stories of travelling, and his ability to recall obscure sporting trivia. In particular, we remember his visit to Machu Picchu in 2003, backpacking in Europe with Kenneth in 2004, and trips to see the NFL’s Wembley games. He is gone far too soon. Details of funeral arrangements will be posted here when finalized. May he Rest In Peace and rise in glory. I love you, brother."

It happened a bit ago the guy had health issues an alcohol addiction really bad. I know a lot of people here will remember him love him or hate him, he was a good friend to me always and he will be missed, I'm glad the pain for him is over. I will miss him :(

Wow. thats fucked up.

R.I.P
He was a cool dude.

Crazy. I was thinking where he had been for awhile now.

RIP

RIP sad to hear the news. He was a good guy.

Are you serious? holy shit. I guess he hadn't posted in a while and seemed always to be in an emotional up and down.

RIP to a homie and a boxing cononseiur. He'll be greatly missed.

the die hard Martinez fan? damn RIP

I enjoyed needling him over Martinez (you know.. good ol Brazilian vs Argentine rivalry -- though I doubt he was from Argentina).

:(

Jesus, I had tagged him a few times in recent months because he was so scarce. He was cool to me from the start here and we PM'd at times a few years back. To be honest, the last year or so I thought some of his posting seemed pretty out-of-character and even difficult to follow at times.

A damn shame.
RIP, Chris. I'll miss you.

Well crap..He was only 32.. wow. Just wow.
Ive posted w him for yrs and he seemed like a fine fellow.

RIP

This is like a wake... seeing a lot of guys who used to post here more often.

I just lurk here and I never interacted with the guy, but very sad to hear. I don't know shit about boxing so I like reading posts here just to learn and he was a poster that always stood out to me

Our friendship had been growing for a few years, we were planning on a meet-up, he was a good dude, Chris you will be missed. Rest in peace may God carry you to the next level.

Damn that is terrible.

Sorry for your loss. RIP bud.

@BusterKeaton can you please, if you feel okay with this, let us know what the cause of death was, to eliminate speculation?

Back