RIP Roger Mayweather

My favorite one from the Mayweather stable and the greatest one

Underrated boxer unfortunately overshadowed by famous nephew

Jr Lightweight, Jr Welterweight World Champ and a genius coach

I always remember his KO over Serrano and the way he fought Chavez in the rematch

RIP Mamba

Part of one of, if not the best team in modern boxing imo. On a professional level, you've gotta respect the man.

Damn

Sad to hear
Was just wondering how he was doing last week

like most top boxers, very intelligent man. I still remember reading his interviews in the 80's and thinking how smart he was. Whoever said he never said anything good about chavez is full of shit, he did say in one interview how chavez was slow but skilled, and was using him as an example of how important skill was. I also miss men like him because I grew up with them, half country, half urban, hard talking but soft hearted.

like most top boxers, very intelligent man. I still remember reading his interviews in the 80's and thinking how smart he was. Whoever said he never said anything good about chavez is full of shit, he did say in one interview how chavez was slow but skilled, and was using him as an example of how important skill was. I also miss men like him because I grew up with them, half country, half urban, hard talking but soft hearted.
Being from Oklahoma, I know exactly what you mean about those distinguished cats from yesteryear. And I totally agree, well put.

Oof....Floyd's had a rough couple of weeks man...

RIP Roger Mayweather. Underrated boxer himself, an all time great trainer, and the definite foundation of his nephew's illustrious legacy.

The Mayweather Channel owned by Jeff Mayweather and a member here, who got banned last year, ProboxingInsider,
made a tribute video to Roger.
Nice footage of him training various fighters and horsing around with his brothers.

It's weird, but they have live feed from Roger's funeral in the Mayweather channel.

Back