RIP John McCain

I don't necessarily agree with this post, but I certainly respect it.
Yeah, he’s absolutely not a hero. I’ll give civilians a pass because they don’t understand. But he was a good man in office and he did what HE thought was right.

I will miss his wars. Both his defense of old insane wars like Vietnam, current insane wars all over the Middle East & Eastern Europe, as well as his insistence on new insane wars in places like Iran.

Normally, it’s customary to plant some flowers in memoriam; but in the case of the unquestionable honorable saint McCain, it might be a bit more appropriate to go & rip a few out of the ground.

RIP hero

He nearly killed MMA so that's a bad thing, literally the only thing i know about the guy.

I guess you missed the quote above in 'The War Room'. So, it is not just me. Why do you care what I think? Do people not hate Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton? Why is that? We all have a right to our opinion. I'm just tired of explaining this 'why was John McCain not a hero' issue. To me, he was not. He was a great Senator, human being, and a had a great military career -- just not a hero.

A little more on the history of McCain's imprisonment in Vietnam:

"They beat and interrogated him to get information, and he was given medical care only when the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was an Admiral."

"McCain refused repatriation unless every man taken in before him was also released. Such early release was prohibited by the POWs' interpretation of the military 'Code of Conduct' which states in Article III: 'I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy'. To prevent the enemy from using prisoners for propaganda, officers were to agree to be released in the order in which they were captured."

"Eventually, McCain made an anti-U.S. propaganda 'confession'. He had always felt that his statement was dishonorable, but as he later wrote, 'I had learned what we all learned over there: Every man has his breaking point. I had reached mine."

I’m not sure why you’re deflecting to other posters. Just defend your own words—the ones you just deleted when quoting me. I’ll add them again. You’ve said several times that McCain never risked his life for anybdy else, yet we know he actually did.

You’ve got an opinion and you’re sticking to it. That’s fine. My issue isn’t with your actual opinion on McCain. I don’t care what your opinion of him is. It’s that you’re on here making blatantly false statements—ignoring the criteria you created—just to make yourself right.

He nearly killed MMA so that's a bad thing, literally the only thing i know about the guy.
Then again old school UFC was brutal as shit, groins attacks and roids used. It wasn't until later when rules and commissions were added...

Regardless of the politics, the man was a war hero and a legend

He championed every war he ever encountered. He squandered the political power he had to expand hegemony and jingoism.

McCain is not someone to be respected. He personally experienced the worst of war and yet actively pursued more of the same in his civilian life. Not a learned man, raised a daughter that is sharp as a bowling ball.

He championed every war he ever encountered. He squandered the political power he had to expand hegemony and jingoism.

McCain is not someone to be respected. He personally experienced the worst of war and yet actively pursued more of the same in his civilian life. Not a learned man, raised a daughter that is sharp as a bowling ball.

Indeed McCain was a war hawk but nearly everyone is who has power in American politics.

Back