Rip ALEX TREBEK

Oh man that hits hard. I regularly watch the show including the last string of episodes and Alex had such a positive attitude and strength even in these dark months. He fully gave the impression that he was going to keep fighting and enjoying life as much as he could for as long as he could.

Of course Jeopardy as a show will never be the same but I think it’s amazing that the guy had the career and impact that he did. He will be missed.

Its gonna be Ken Jennings

I really did get the sense he was being prepared as the heir apparent when they gave him his role as sort of a diplomat/public relations rep for the program.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it comes to light that that’s who Trebek personally wanted to succeed him.

Makes sense too- in addition to being the GOAT champ he has a good, affable personality and doesn’t take himself too seriously.

Really saddened to hear about Alex. Just saw his autobiography in the bookstore earlier today. 2020 is heinous.

One of the greatest television hosts ever. Unanimously respected. They should make his birthday a national holiday in Canada. RIP.

Sad sad news :(

I was watching Jeopardy the night I found out my wife was pregnant with our first child. I used to watch the show every night.

RIP Alex. There'll never be another one like you.

Off to that great big Daily Double in the sky.

RIP

Still watch every chance i get
Gonna miss him

rip

"I'm not afraid of dying. I've lived a good life, a full life, and I’m nearing the end of that life if it happens, why should I be afraid of that? One thing they're not going to say at my funeral, as a part of a eulogy, is 'He was taken from us too soon.'"
-Alex Trebek in October of 2019

Said it a year ago and I never forgot it and I actually think about it from time to time. I just thought it would be impossible to face death with more class than that. Grim reaper looming over him and he just adjusts his tie and says "Too late. I already won".

RIP, Mr Trebek.

These two were amazing as Connery and Trebek, so many laughs

9gVPmpr.jpg

Rip to both legends

Its bizarre to me, or maybe I should say ironic, that they died only 9 days apart. The Connery/Trebek meme is hilarious on so many levels.

R.I.P. Trebek and Connery both.

Oh man that hits hard. I regularly watch the show including the last string of episodes and Alex had such a positive attitude and strength even in these dark months. He fully gave the impression that he was going to keep fighting and enjoying life as much as he could for as long as he could.

Of course Jeopardy as a show will never be the same but I think it’s amazing that the guy had the career and impact that he did. He will be missed.
I don't have the same experience as you Muricans but I loved Jeopardy so I'm a bit fed up...pancreatic cancer's no fun apparently and he took it in his stride. Legend of all quiz show hosts.

I don't have the same experience as you Muricans but I loved Jeopardy so I'm a bit fed up...pancreatic cancer's no fun apparently and he took it in his stride. Legend of all quiz show hosts.
Jeopardy! was the GOAT game show. Can’t imagine anyone else hosting it, Trebek was a legend.

Jeopardy! was the GOAT game show. Can’t imagine anyone else hosting it, Trebek was a legend.
If the most successful contestant guy takes his place it would be cool, but if we get some Ken Jeong type taking over...screw that.

Back