RIO 2016 Lebenese won't share bus with Jews

The thing is that you let people attack Israel from your Land. You have to stop that otherwise Israel is not going to stop.
Also do you believe organisations like the Hams or Hezbollah etc would stop fighting if they get the land back?
Thinking the Palestinians would make peace is naive at best. Those guys dance on the street when they are able to kill Jews children.

Israel is interested in peace but not at every price. And they hold all the cards because they have all the international support. That was one of the points I was trying to make earlier.
They play you like a fiddle with situations like in Rio.

Who attacked Israel from lebanon? If you mean PLO we were against them and they our main rivals in the civil war . But Israel decided to attack Lebanese muslims in south lebanon by killing thousands of them in 1982 and that what created hezbollah. It is a problem they created not us and what made it worse is that they kept killing them instead of getting out of lebanon and when they left in 2000 they didn't give back shebaa farms and other lebanese territories which still justify till now their presence as a military wing.

As for Hamas, i don't support them too much personally because they are at the end Sunnis and they stabbed us many times in the back. i won't get surprised if they dance when kiĺling childs. It is their duty but that doesn't justify killing innocent civilians in gaza just to fight Hamas .
Anyway if israel gives the occupied territories back, no one would support them anymore .

Who attacked Israel from lebanon? If you mean PLO we were against them and they our main rivals in the civil war . But Israel decided to attack Lebanese muslims in south lebanon by killing thousands of them in 1982 and that what created hezbollah. It is a problem they created not us and what made it worse is that they kept killing them instead of getting out of lebanon and when they left in 2000 they didn't give back shebaa farms and other lebanese territories which still justify till now their presence as a military wing.

As for Hamas, i don't support them too much personally because they are at the end Sunnis and they stabbed us many times in the back. i won't get surprised if they dance when kiĺling childs. It is their duty but that doesn't justify killing innocent civilians in gaza just to fight Hamas .
Anyway if israel gives the occupied territories back, no one would support them anymore .

Do you support the Hamas at all?

The thing is that Israel doesn't have to do anything. Because they are in the much better situation.
They dont have to give the land back because they can just say stop the attacks and we will give the land back.
No one is pressing them to give the land back because people like those guys at the Olympic fall for the Israeli victim trick every time.
Same as you did by saying we kick their ass if they try. What you should be doing is trying to point out that normal Lebanese dont want any trouble.

Do you support the Hamas at all?

The thing is that Israel doesn't have to do anything. Because they are in the much better situation.
They dont have to give the land back because they can just say stop the attacks and we will give the land back.
No one is pressing them to give the land back because people like those guys at the Olympic fall for the Israeli victim trick every time.
Same as you did by saying we kick their ass if they try. What you should be doing is trying to point out that normal Lebanese dont want any trouble.

I don't have any opinion in hamas
They are trying resisting Israel but you can't trust a sunni no matter what.

That what you think. But Israel is being pressured by the whole world including countries that voted for a palestinian state including France, Some European countries, Russia ...
If Israel is very relaxed in this situation she would have stopped hezbollah and hamas. But they cannot as long as they don't make peace. People across the world are realising day by day and standing against Israel including in the united states.
Israelis are trying as much as they can to control the media because people are the most important to them but they aren't tricking too much people anymore.

Anyway what they are tricking?! Do you know that those in Rio who stopped Israelis are mostly christians?!
Will Israel start a war with christians in lebanon? Thats a lose lose situation no matter what they do
What they will prove? That lebanese christians are against israel? That's not good for Israel because people think that christians are protected by israel but when it is shown otherwise it is bad isn't it?

Last edited:
I don't have any opinion in hamas
They are trying resisting Israel but you can't trust a sunni no matter what.

That what you think. But Israel is being pressured by the whole world including countries that voted for a palestinian state including France, Some European countries, Russia ...
If Israel is very relaxed in this situation she would have stopped hezbollah and hamas. But they cannot as long as they don't make peace. People across the world are realising day by day and standing against Israel including in the united states.
Israelis are trying as much as i can to control the media because people are the most important to them but they aren't tricking too much people anymore.

Anyway what they are tricking?! Do you know that those in Rio who stopped Israelis are mostly christians?!
Will Israel start a war with christians in lebanon? Thats a lose lose situation no matter what they do
What they will prove? That lebanese christians are against israel? That's not good for Israel because people think that christians are protected by israel but when it is shown otherwise it is bad isn't it?

I dont have a dog in this fight from a religious view because I am an atheist. It is beyond me how anyone can think they have god given land.
You dont own any land unless you are powerful enough to defend it. Nothing is yours just because you live there for along time.

And I am also aware of Israels shortcoming there is no denying them. But at the end of the day normal guys will always be an Israels site.
Because its a democratic state that gets terrorized by random rocket and terror attacks. As long as those attacks continue Israel will have the higher ground.

No I didn't know those were mostly Christian, that is my point no one cares. All people will read is Lebanon guys refuse to sit on a bus with Israelis.
Oblivious just a small thing but people will remember those Lebanese cant even put their hate aside during the Olympics.
If you want international opinion to turn towards your favor, those guys should have sit with the Israelis on the Bus.
Now the Lebanese are the bad guys and the Israelis look like just a bunch of guys that cant even be left in peace during the Olympics.

I dont have a dog in this fight from a religious view because I am an atheist. It is beyond me how anyone can think they have god given land.
You dont own any land unless you are powerful enough to defend it. Nothing is yours just because you live there for along time.

And I am also aware of Israels shortcoming there is no denying them. But at the end of the day normal guys will always be an Israels site.
Because its a democratic state that gets terrorized by random rocket and terror attacks. As long as those attacks continue Israel will have the higher ground.

No I didn't know those were mostly Christian, that is my point no one cares. All people will read is Lebanon guys refuse to sit on a bus with Israelis.
Oblivious just a small thing but people will remember those Lebanese cant even put their hate aside during the Olympics.
If you want international opinion to turn towards your favor, those guys should have sit with the Israelis on the Bus.
Now the Lebanese are the bad guys and the Israelis look like just a bunch that cant even be left in peace during the Olympics.

But as a world opinion, most people are religious and most of them are christians that is why they are more interested in christians in the middle east. Saying no one cares is not true. Everyone knows that Lebanon is mostly christian nearly the half of population and the only country in the middle east with a christian president and if something like that happens it is too likely that there is christians in it. Those who doesn't know are just minority but those who really are interested knows exactly what is lebanon.

And what will this change ? If they sided with israel rockets will stop ? No. Does your opinion matter No. does mine matter ? No .
What matters is governments opinion and that is turning against israel day by day. Governments all over the world are defending middle eastern christians and lebanon is a huge part of it no one can deny it anymore .
As for public opinion, no one can change this neither me nor you . When people are visiting Lebanon they are realising everything . I met many western people who were surprised that lebanese are such as nice people compared to others . If those didn't visit lebanon no matter what i talk that won't change anything to them because even bad people will say good things about theirselves
Not to forget that lebanese as whole are 18 million 4 million are in lebanon and the rest outside

And yet they are still supporting these wars if not in lebanon its because there is no war currently but in gaza for example a poll in 2014 showed 95% of Israelis justify the war even if 2000 civilians died in just 50 day

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/31/israeli-polls-support-gaza-campaign-media
Of course they would, I supported, and I bet you would support too if you lived here.
We were getting shot by rockets from Gaza on a daily basis, one of the rockets even fell about 100m from my apartment.
People got tired of this shit and were supportive of the idea of making it stop.
In fact, since the last campaign, not a single rocket was shot to my city.

You making it sound like people here support cold blooded murder. As I said, some probably do, but it's a very small minority.
People here support war only when being threatened and attacked. The mindset is similar to almost every other nation here on earth.
Your perception of Israelis is probably based on propaganda.

Now my question to you,
Do you really believe most of Israelis are evil people?
What would you do differently if you were an Israeli?

But as a world opinion, most people are religious and most of them are christians that is why they are more interested in christians in the middle east. Saying no one cares is not true. Everyone knows that Lebanon is mostly christian nearly the half of population and the only country in the middle east with a christian president and if something like that happens it is too likely that there is christians in it. Those who doesn't know are just minority but those who really are interested knows exactly what is lebanon.

I am not sure about that, I dont think the average voter in Europe or the US can point out Lebanon on a map. They just know its somewhere in the middle east and thing its a Muslim country.
No one is interested in Lebanon because it is just one of many of Israels enemy. IMO all that people will take away from this incident is some Lebanese guys hate the Israelis.

And what will this change ? If they sided with israel rockets will stop ? No. Does your opinion matter No. does mine matter ? No .
What matters is governments opinion and that is turning against israel day by day. Governments all over the world are defending middle eastern christians and lebanon is a huge part of it no one can deny it anymore .
As for public opinion, no one can change this neither me nor you . When people are visiting Lebanon they are realising everything . I met many western people who were surprised that lebanese are such as nice people compared to others . If those didn't visit lebanon no matter what i talk that won't change anything to them because even bad people will say good things about theirselves

I think more and more people in the West are getting sick of organised religion as demonstrated by the increased numbers of atheists. And people leaving the Church.
IMO with he increased terrorist attacks in the West people will have more sympathy towards Israel. This will turn into government supporting Israel even more. Because at the end of the day we all fight against Islamic extremist, also Israels fight is different. What the Christian in Lebanon should be doing now is jump onto that.
Just my personal opinion if you do a survey in France right now if they can sympathy with Israels struggle against Islamic Terror the number will be much higher than a year ago. I see this on here also more and more people comment that they can understand Israels hard stand. Also Israel has a different issue we have the same enemy.

Of course they would, I supported, and I bet you would support too if you lived here.
We were getting shot by rockets from Gaza on a daily basis, one of the rockets even fell about 100m from my apartment.
People got tired of this shit and were supportive of the idea of making it stop.
In fact, since the last campaign, not a single rocket was shot to my city.

You making it sound like people here support cold blooded murder. As I said, some probably do, but it's a very small minority.
People here support war only when being threatened and attacked. The mindset is similar to almost every other nation here on earth.
Your perception of Israelis is probably based on propaganda.

Now my question to you,
Do you really believe most of Israelis are evil people?
What would you do differently if you were an Israeli?

Yeah i would absolutely do but thing is more complicated it is more to do with killing civilians . Your army is killing thousands of civilians in their fight against hamas . Israel thinks that if a civilian support hamas he should be bombed and not asked about.

A rocket falled near your house and a bomb falled near my house too in 2006 in Byblos. Do you know where is byblos? In north lebanon and it has nothing to do with hezbollah .

Don't think hamas is just commiting war crimes Israel is commiting too .

A story i've heard in 2006 about a israeli air force girl she was asked to bomb a roadway in jounie , the heartland of christians. When she went to do it she found out that there is lot of civilians on it so she waited till all the civilians left and bombed it, when she went back to israel they punished her. I'm sure about this story it is known here but it was hiden by israeli media

I am not sure about that, I dont think the average voter in Europe or the US can point out Lebanon on a map. They just know its somewhere in the middle east and thing its a Muslim country.
No one is interested in Lebanon because it is just one of many of Israels enemy. IMO all that people will take away from this incident is some Lebanese guys hate the Israelis.

I think more and more people in the West are getting sick of organised religion as demonstrated by the increased numbers of atheists. And people leaving the Church.
IMO with he increased terrorist attacks in the West people will have more sympathy towards Israel. This will turn into government supporting Israel even more. Because at the end of the day we all fight against Islamic extremist, also Israels fight is different. What the Christian in Lebanon should be doing now is jump onto that.
Just my personal opinion if you do a survey in France right now if they can sympathy with Israels struggle against Islamic Terror the number will be much higher than a year ago. I see this on here also more and more people comment that they can understand Israels hard stand. Also Israel has a different issue we have the same enemy.

And that is why people are supporting christians in lebanon more. The Us never supported lebanon army that much in recent years . They gave us some moving artillery we never dreamt of before. And lebanon is becoming safer than most european countries .

American and european people don't know where their coutries are exactly not that israel has to do with it but religious people knows don't worry

as a freedom loving american, fuck "olympic spirit." I am waving an american flag that hits both walls of my double wide watching the medal count as we speak. USA USA USA!
Fuck yeah, come get some bitches!!!

Yeah i would absolutely do but thing is more complicated it is more to do with killing civilians . Your army is killing thousands of civilians in their fight against hamas . Israel thinks that if a civilian support hamas he should be bombed and not asked about.

A rocket falled near your house and a bomb falled near my house too in 2006 in Byblos. Do you know where is byblos? In north lebanon and it has nothing to do with hezbollah .

Don't think hamas is just commiting war crimes Israel is commiting too .

A story i've heard in 2006 about a israeli air force girl she was asked to bomb a roadway in jounie , the heartland of christians. When she went to do it she found out that there is lot of civilians on it so she waited till all the civilians left and bombed it, when she went back to israel they punished her. I'm sure about this story it is known here but it was hiden by israeli media

Israeli media is lefty and pretty transparent, they go hard on Netanyahu and the government when needed.
An example would be this article from an Israeli mainstream newspaper:
http://www.haaretz.co.il/opinions/.premium-1.3029209
כל פשיזם הוא לאומני, אבל לא כל לאומנות היא פשיסטית. לאומנות היא השקפת עולם, ואילו הפשיזם הוא בראש ובראשונה משטר.

אין זה רק עניין של הגדרות, הדבר נוגע לשורש הבעיה דווקא בתקופה שבה מתקיים ויכוח נוקב ומוצדק על טיבה של ממשלת הימין בישראל. אין ספק, כי הממשלה, שריה ותומכיה מנסים לקדם באחרונה חוקים ומדיניות לאומניים, לפעמים בעלי סממנים גזעניים ומאפיינים אנטי־דמוקרטיים. אבל דווקא מי שמתנגדים למהלכים אלה מוכרחים להיזהר בדבריהם, במיוחד אלה מהם שאינם בקיאים בתורת המשטרים ומעולם לא התעמקו באופי של הפשיזם.

הפשיזם הוא לא רק משטר לאומני: הוא בראש ובראשונה משטר של מפלגה אחת ובראשה מנהיג בלתי מעורער — פיהרר, דוּצֶ'ה, קונדוקאטור. גם אם לפעמים משטר פשיסטי עולה לשלטון באמצעות קואליציה עם מפלגות ימין מסורתיות, במוקדם או במאוחר כל המפלגות — כולל אלה שסייעו לפשיסטים להגיע לשלטון — מוצאות אל מחוץ לחוק, מותר קיומה של מפלגה אחת בלבד, אין בחירות חופשיות רב־מפלגתיות, ולכלל האזרחים אין חלק בתהליך הפוליטי, פרט להשתתפות בעצרות המוניות, במצעדים או במשאלי עם, המכוונים רק לתמיכה בשלטון.

משטר פשיסטי אינו עוסק בתרגילים פרלמנטריים שמטרתם להחליש את האופוזיציה, כי במשטר פשיסטי אין אופוזיציה לגיטימית — שכן ראשיה נרצחו, הושלכו לבתי סוהר ולמחנות ריכוז, או ברחו לחו"ל. משטר פשיסטי אינו עוסק בתרגילי קואליציה מפוקפקים, כי במשטר פשיסטי אין קואליציה. במשטר פשיסטי, כל מי שמתנגד למנהיג מתוך מפלגת השלטון יגורש, ייכלא או יחוסל — לא ימנו אותו לשגריר באו"ם. משטר פשיסטי אינו פוגע בחופש העיתונות, כי במשטר פשיסטי אין חופש עיתונות, כי כל העיתונות היא כלי של השלטון. משטר פשיסטי אינו מנסה להצר את סמכות הרשות השופטת ובתי המשפט, כי במשטר פשיסטי מערכת המשפט היא זרוע של השלטון.
משטר פשיסטי אינו פוגע בעצמאות של האקדמיה, כי האוניברסיטאות מנוהלות ישירות על ידי השלטון, ואנשי האקדמיה שהתנגדו לו הודחו, פוטרו, נאסרו, נרצחו, או יצאו לגלות. משטר פשיסטי אינו מנסה למנוע הצגה של מנהיגיו באורח מגוחך או מבזה באמצעי התקשורת, כי הוא שולט באמצעי התקשורת. במשטר פשיסטי מנהיגי המדינה אינם נאבקים באמצעות עורכי דין ופרקליטים ממולחים נגד חקירתם על מעשי שחיתות, כי אין חקירות כאלה. במשטר פשיסטי המנהיגים אינם מתמודדים עם דו"חות ביקורתיים של מבקר המדינה על הוצאות הדירה שלהם, כי אין דו"חות כאלה.

משטר פשיסטי אינו מנסה לצנזר ספר לימוד כזה או אחר, כי במשטר פשיסטי יש רק ספרי לימוד רשמיים, המבטאים בלא סייג את עמדת השלטון. במשטר פשיסטי אין ניסיון להציג נראטיב אלטרנטיבי לנראטיב של איזו אליטה שמאלנית, כי לאליטה זו אין בכלל כלים — לא בעיתונות, לא בשידור, לא באוניברסיטאות — להביע את דעתה. היטיב לציין את כל המרכיבים האלה מוסוליני עצמו, במאמר "טוטליטריות" שכתב לאנציקלופדיה האיטלקית, שבו הוא מתאר משטר פשיסטי השולט באורח טוטלי בשיח הציבורי, חודר לכל תחומי החיים של האזרחים ומעצב אותם בדמותו ובצלמו.

מדינות דמוקרטיות ידעו — ויודעות — הרבה מקרים של חקיקה ומדיניות בעלות סממנים לאומניים וגזעניים, שפגעו במרקם הדמוקרטי עצמו, אך דברים אלה לבדם אינם הופכים אותן לפשיסטיות. בארצות הברית, באמצעות תרגילי חקיקה ומינהל מורכבים, נמנעה עד שנות ה–60 ממרבית השחורים האפשרות להשתתף בבחירות. זה לא הפך את ארצות הברית לפשיסטית, אבל פגע קשה באופיה הדמוקרטי.

בצרפת, אלג'יריה לא נחשבה למושבה אלא לחלק אינטגרלי של צרפת המטרופולינית, אבל לאוכלוסייה המוסלמית לא היתה זכות בחירה לפרלמנט בפריז. זה היה גזעני והתקיים גם תחת ראשי ממשלה סוציאליסטיים, מליאון בלום ועד לגי מולה — אבל צרפת הרפובליקאית לא היתה פשיסטית, אלא דמוקרטיה פגומה מאוד. בצרפת של היום שיטת הבחירות הונדסה בצורה המקשה על מפלגת הימין הקיצוני — שהיא חוקית ומשתתפת בבחירות — להגיע לייצוג באסיפה הלאומית. אפשר אולי להבין ולהצדיק את זה, אבל זה לא בדיוק דמוקרטי.

בארצות הברית, בעקבות המלחמה הקרה הוצאה המפלגה הקומוניסטית אל מחוץ לחוק, ובתקופת מקארתי כל מי שנחשד אפילו באהדה לסוציאל־דמוקרטיה מתונה התקשה למצוא מקום עבודה בשירות הציבורי, ואוניברסיטאות היוקרה — כולל הרווארד המעטירה — דרשו מהסגל האקדמי הצהרת נאמנות למדינה, או פוטרו. זו היתה פגיעה חמורה בדמוקרטיה — לא פשיזם.

ההאשמה כי בישראל שורר משטר פשיסטי או דמוי־פשיזם היא בעלת היסטוריה ארוכה. בשנות ה–50 נשמעו קולות במפ"ם, שהיתה אז בשיא התלהבותה מסטאלין, וכמובן במפלגה הקומוניסטית, שהאשימו את מפא"י בפשיזם. גם כמה עיתונאים הצטרפו למקהלה זו. איש כמובן לא ישב במאסר בגלל דעותיו אלה. מפ"ם התנגדה להסכם השילומים עם גרמניה המערבית כי ראתה בכך ברית עם ממשלת אדנאואר, שתוארה כפשיסטית או ניאו־נאצית. לפעמים כאשר נגמרים הנימוקים, מתחילים לנאץ ולקלל.

כל מי שמתבונן בפשיזם כתופעה היסטורית אכן חייב לשאול, כיצד מתגלגלים רעיונות לאומניים קיצוניים, הרוחשים תמיד, אפילו בדמוקרטיות מבוססות, לכדי תנועות המונים פשיסטיות שתופסות את השלטון. במאמרי "הערות בשולי מאמרו של זאב שטרנהל" ("הארץ", 15.7) הצבעתי על כך, כי בשלוש המדינות האירופיות הגדולות — גרמניה, איטליה, צרפת — עלו משטרים פשיסטיים בתקופות של מפלה צבאית ומדינית, כאשר חלקים נרחבים של אזרחי אותן מדינות ראו את עצמם ואת מדינתם פגועים, חבולים ומנודים.

תופעה זו התרחשה גם במדינות אחרות: בהונגריה עלה לשלטון המשטר הלאומני, האוטוריטרי והחצי־פשיסטי של אדמירל מיקלוש הורטי לאחר שחוזה השלום של טריאנון קרע ממנה שני שלישים משטחה והותיר מיליוני הונגרים אתניים בשטחי רומניה, צ'כוסלובקיה ויוגוסלביה. גם המהפכה הקומוניסטית קצרת הימים של בלה קוּן תרמה לתחושת החרדה וההשפלה, וחלקם הבולט של יהודים במהפכה עודד את הנימות האנטישמיות שרווחו בהונגריה כבר מסוף המאה ה–19. באוסטריה עלה לשלטון משטר קלריקלי־פשיסטי בראשות דולפוס ושושניג לאחר שמה שנותר מהאימפריה ההאבסבורגית בצורת אוסטריה העצמאית היה כברת ארץ קטנה וחלשה.

כך היה גם במדינות אחרות: ביוון עלה לשלטון בשנות ה–30 הגנרל יואניס מֶטָאקסס בעקבות המפלה הנוראה שספגו היוונים מידי הטורקים, שניפצה את חלום "יוון הגדולה" והציפה אותה בהמוני פליטים מאזורים באסיה הקטנה שהיו מיושבים ביוונים מאות ואלפי שנים. ברומניה עלה לשלטון "משמר הברזל" הפשיסטי ב–1940 רק לאחר שבעקבות הסכמי מולוטוב־ריבנטרופ ולחץ גרמני סיפחה ברית המועצות את בסרביה וחלקים מבוקובינה, וחלקים מטרנסילבניה סופחו להונגריה. בכל המדינות הללו צמחו אידיאולוגיות של ימין רדיקלי וגזעני עשרות שנים קודם לכן, אבל הן הגיעו לעוצמה פוליטית ולשלטון רק כאשר המדינות הוכו, נוצחו והושפלו.

יש לזכור, כי הפשיזם איננו סתם ביטוי ללאומנות שתלטנית: הוא תגובה אלימה וכוחנית של חברות פגועות ומוחלשות. טראמפ איננו פשיסט, אבל העובדה שהוא פונה לתחושות העלבון וההשפלה של לבנים ממעמד הפועלים ומהמעמד הבינוני הנמוך בארצות הברית היא בלא ספק מדאיגה.

כל זה מעיד על תמונה מורכבת, שבה עליית משטרים פשיסטיים איננה המשך דטרמיניסטי וידוע מראש של לאומנות רדיקלית. בהקשר זה חשוב שוב להעמיד על דיוקם דברים הקשורים ליוהאן גוטפריד הרדר ואדמונד ברק, שעליהם מצביע שטרנהל בשני מאמריו בנושא — ובצדק — כאבות הלאומיות המודרנית מחד גיסא והשמרנות המודרנית מאידך גיסא ("המהפכה התרבותית היא רק ההתחלה", ו"חולשה רעיונית גוררת תבוסה פוליטית", "הארץ", 8.7 ו–22.7).

גם כאן חשוב להזכיר לא רק את ההיבט האידיאי, אלא גם את ההקשר הפוליטי. כאשר הרדר טען, בשם העקרונות האוניוורסליים של הנאורות, שיש לכבד את המסורות התרבותיות, החברתיות והלשוניות של כל העמים, הדברים נאמרו בהקשר של ההגמוניה הפוליטית בצרפת במאה ה–18, שהיתה אז המדינה החזקה ביותר באירופה וניסתה — אם כי לא בהצלחה — להשתלט גם על ספרד. לעוצמה הפוליטית הזאת נלוותה גם טענה בדבר הגמוניזם תרבותי וראייה של התרבות הצרפתית כעליונה על התרבויות האחרות — עמדה שדוברי הנאורות הצרפתית היו שותפים לה.

באותה תקופה גרמניה לא התקיימה כמדינה; היא היתה מפוצלת למדינות ו"מדינונות" קטנות וחסרה כל עוצמה מדינית וצבאית. הרדר לא תבע להקים מדינת־לאום גרמנית, אלא טען, כי גם בהעדר עוצמה מדינית יש מקום לכבד את המסורת התרבותית והלשונית הגרמנית. זו גם הסיבה לכך שהעריך כל כך את תרומת העם היהודי להיסטוריה העולמית והדגיש, כי תרומתו — הנבואה, השירה, המוסר — לא היתה מלווה בעוצמה מדינית, אלא להיפך, נעשתה תוך כדי התרסה כלפי שלטון עריץ. לימים שימשו עקרונות הרדריאניים אלה כלי נשק בידי תנועות לאומיות, שבחלקן — בפולין, בצ'כיה ועוד — הפנו את טיעוני הרדר דווקא נגד פרוסיה וגרמניה.

לא כל תביעה לכבד מסורת לאומית מתגלגלת ללאומנות בוטה, ויש לזכור, כי דווקא בשם עקרונות החירות של המהפכה הצרפתית ניסתה צרפת להשתלט על כל אירופה, תחת שרביטו הצבאי של נפוליאון.

זה חל גם על ההשקפות של ברק. שטרנהל מציין בצדק, כי בתמיכתו בזכות האירים והמושבות בצפון אמריקה, וגם במשפטים שיזם נגד מושלים בריטים חמסנים בהודו, לא נזקק ברק בדרך כלל לטענת הזכויות הטבעיות; אלא ביסס את עמדותיו על הצורך לקיים את החוק הפוזיטיבי וביקר את השלטונות הבריטיים על פגיעתם בזכויות הקיימות של התושבים המקומיים. זה נכון בדרך כלל, אם כי בטיעוניו נגד המושל הבריטי בהודו, וורן הייסטינגס, נזקק ברק גם למה שמכונה בפיו עקרונות כלליים.

אבל גם אם ברק לא נזקק למשפט הטבע, מה פגום בכך שעמד לצד הנרדפים והמדוכאים? הרי בשם עקרונות המשפט הטבעי, כפי שבאו לידי ביטוי בתורה של ג'ון לוק, הצדיקו המתיישבים האנגלים באמריקה את כיבושיהם. זאת ועוד, אילו היה ברק חי בתוכנו והיה מתנגד לנישול של פלסטינים בשטחים מאדמותיהם, או של בדואים בנגב, לא בשם משפט הטבע אלא בשם הזכויות המשפטיות שהם מחזיקים בהן — האם היה זה פסול?

לא הכל צריך להידחק למיטת סדום של השקפה אחת, כי יש יותר מעיקרון אחד התומך בחירות ובזכויות הפרט. אין הכרח להתיישר על פי העקרונות המופשטים של הנאורות הצרפתית, שהביאו, בפירוש מסוים, לדיקטטורה היעקובינית ולמשטר הטרור של רובספייר. ההיסטוריה אכן איננה רק מלחמת בני אור בבני חושך, ובבית של החירות יש יותר מאשר חדר אחד.

It's in Hebrew but you can try and google translate it.
This article basically compares Netanyahu and Likud to Fascism.
Say whatever you want, but the media here aren't Netanyahu's bitches.

Apart from that woman pilot, there were a lot more pilots who chose to refuse orders, and yes, of course they got punished, that's how the army works. It's fucked up, but everywhere in the world armies work in the same manner. You do what you told or you get fucked.
I was half an year in The army's flight course, until I got kicked out. One of the things they taught us, is that in some circumstances refusing an order is the right thing to do.

My point is, on the other side of the border, there are people who live their lives just like you do. Most of them don't care about politics, wars etc... They just wanna live their lives in peace and be left alone.
Most of them are not monsters like some people would like you to believe, that's it.

There are a million reasons why Lebanon went to hell, but I suggest you ask actual Lebanese Christians who they primarily blame.

Here's a hint, it's the neighbor to the South that repeatedly invaded and bombed them. Lebanese Christians basically hate Palestinian Arab militants, who they blame Israel for driving onto their lands.

Every religious group in Lebanon loathes Israel, which has blasted the shit out of their country, so it's not exactly surprising that they'd oppose sharing a bus with them.

Israel was attacked and thus the Palestinian horde poured into Lebanon when they defended themselves. The thinking of most Lebanese Christians yes was influenced by the mass angry bees of Islam. That was my point.

LOL, I'm sure the Isreali team would have had no problem, if the situation was reversed.

Israeli media is lefty and pretty transparent, they go hard on Netanyahu and the government when needed.
An example would be this article from an Israeli mainstream newspaper:
http://www.haaretz.co.il/opinions/.premium-1.3029209
כל פשיזם הוא לאומני, אבל לא כל לאומנות היא פשיסטית. לאומנות היא השקפת עולם, ואילו הפשיזם הוא בראש ובראשונה משטר.

אין זה רק עניין של הגדרות, הדבר נוגע לשורש הבעיה דווקא בתקופה שבה מתקיים ויכוח נוקב ומוצדק על טיבה של ממשלת הימין בישראל. אין ספק, כי הממשלה, שריה ותומכיה מנסים לקדם באחרונה חוקים ומדיניות לאומניים, לפעמים בעלי סממנים גזעניים ומאפיינים אנטי־דמוקרטיים. אבל דווקא מי שמתנגדים למהלכים אלה מוכרחים להיזהר בדבריהם, במיוחד אלה מהם שאינם בקיאים בתורת המשטרים ומעולם לא התעמקו באופי של הפשיזם.

הפשיזם הוא לא רק משטר לאומני: הוא בראש ובראשונה משטר של מפלגה אחת ובראשה מנהיג בלתי מעורער — פיהרר, דוּצֶ'ה, קונדוקאטור. גם אם לפעמים משטר פשיסטי עולה לשלטון באמצעות קואליציה עם מפלגות ימין מסורתיות, במוקדם או במאוחר כל המפלגות — כולל אלה שסייעו לפשיסטים להגיע לשלטון — מוצאות אל מחוץ לחוק, מותר קיומה של מפלגה אחת בלבד, אין בחירות חופשיות רב־מפלגתיות, ולכלל האזרחים אין חלק בתהליך הפוליטי, פרט להשתתפות בעצרות המוניות, במצעדים או במשאלי עם, המכוונים רק לתמיכה בשלטון.

משטר פשיסטי אינו עוסק בתרגילים פרלמנטריים שמטרתם להחליש את האופוזיציה, כי במשטר פשיסטי אין אופוזיציה לגיטימית — שכן ראשיה נרצחו, הושלכו לבתי סוהר ולמחנות ריכוז, או ברחו לחו"ל. משטר פשיסטי אינו עוסק בתרגילי קואליציה מפוקפקים, כי במשטר פשיסטי אין קואליציה. במשטר פשיסטי, כל מי שמתנגד למנהיג מתוך מפלגת השלטון יגורש, ייכלא או יחוסל — לא ימנו אותו לשגריר באו"ם. משטר פשיסטי אינו פוגע בחופש העיתונות, כי במשטר פשיסטי אין חופש עיתונות, כי כל העיתונות היא כלי של השלטון. משטר פשיסטי אינו מנסה להצר את סמכות הרשות השופטת ובתי המשפט, כי במשטר פשיסטי מערכת המשפט היא זרוע של השלטון.
משטר פשיסטי אינו פוגע בעצמאות של האקדמיה, כי האוניברסיטאות מנוהלות ישירות על ידי השלטון, ואנשי האקדמיה שהתנגדו לו הודחו, פוטרו, נאסרו, נרצחו, או יצאו לגלות. משטר פשיסטי אינו מנסה למנוע הצגה של מנהיגיו באורח מגוחך או מבזה באמצעי התקשורת, כי הוא שולט באמצעי התקשורת. במשטר פשיסטי מנהיגי המדינה אינם נאבקים באמצעות עורכי דין ופרקליטים ממולחים נגד חקירתם על מעשי שחיתות, כי אין חקירות כאלה. במשטר פשיסטי המנהיגים אינם מתמודדים עם דו"חות ביקורתיים של מבקר המדינה על הוצאות הדירה שלהם, כי אין דו"חות כאלה.

משטר פשיסטי אינו מנסה לצנזר ספר לימוד כזה או אחר, כי במשטר פשיסטי יש רק ספרי לימוד רשמיים, המבטאים בלא סייג את עמדת השלטון. במשטר פשיסטי אין ניסיון להציג נראטיב אלטרנטיבי לנראטיב של איזו אליטה שמאלנית, כי לאליטה זו אין בכלל כלים — לא בעיתונות, לא בשידור, לא באוניברסיטאות — להביע את דעתה. היטיב לציין את כל המרכיבים האלה מוסוליני עצמו, במאמר "טוטליטריות" שכתב לאנציקלופדיה האיטלקית, שבו הוא מתאר משטר פשיסטי השולט באורח טוטלי בשיח הציבורי, חודר לכל תחומי החיים של האזרחים ומעצב אותם בדמותו ובצלמו.

מדינות דמוקרטיות ידעו — ויודעות — הרבה מקרים של חקיקה ומדיניות בעלות סממנים לאומניים וגזעניים, שפגעו במרקם הדמוקרטי עצמו, אך דברים אלה לבדם אינם הופכים אותן לפשיסטיות. בארצות הברית, באמצעות תרגילי חקיקה ומינהל מורכבים, נמנעה עד שנות ה–60 ממרבית השחורים האפשרות להשתתף בבחירות. זה לא הפך את ארצות הברית לפשיסטית, אבל פגע קשה באופיה הדמוקרטי.

בצרפת, אלג'יריה לא נחשבה למושבה אלא לחלק אינטגרלי של צרפת המטרופולינית, אבל לאוכלוסייה המוסלמית לא היתה זכות בחירה לפרלמנט בפריז. זה היה גזעני והתקיים גם תחת ראשי ממשלה סוציאליסטיים, מליאון בלום ועד לגי מולה — אבל צרפת הרפובליקאית לא היתה פשיסטית, אלא דמוקרטיה פגומה מאוד. בצרפת של היום שיטת הבחירות הונדסה בצורה המקשה על מפלגת הימין הקיצוני — שהיא חוקית ומשתתפת בבחירות — להגיע לייצוג באסיפה הלאומית. אפשר אולי להבין ולהצדיק את זה, אבל זה לא בדיוק דמוקרטי.

בארצות הברית, בעקבות המלחמה הקרה הוצאה המפלגה הקומוניסטית אל מחוץ לחוק, ובתקופת מקארתי כל מי שנחשד אפילו באהדה לסוציאל־דמוקרטיה מתונה התקשה למצוא מקום עבודה בשירות הציבורי, ואוניברסיטאות היוקרה — כולל הרווארד המעטירה — דרשו מהסגל האקדמי הצהרת נאמנות למדינה, או פוטרו. זו היתה פגיעה חמורה בדמוקרטיה — לא פשיזם.

ההאשמה כי בישראל שורר משטר פשיסטי או דמוי־פשיזם היא בעלת היסטוריה ארוכה. בשנות ה–50 נשמעו קולות במפ"ם, שהיתה אז בשיא התלהבותה מסטאלין, וכמובן במפלגה הקומוניסטית, שהאשימו את מפא"י בפשיזם. גם כמה עיתונאים הצטרפו למקהלה זו. איש כמובן לא ישב במאסר בגלל דעותיו אלה. מפ"ם התנגדה להסכם השילומים עם גרמניה המערבית כי ראתה בכך ברית עם ממשלת אדנאואר, שתוארה כפשיסטית או ניאו־נאצית. לפעמים כאשר נגמרים הנימוקים, מתחילים לנאץ ולקלל.

כל מי שמתבונן בפשיזם כתופעה היסטורית אכן חייב לשאול, כיצד מתגלגלים רעיונות לאומניים קיצוניים, הרוחשים תמיד, אפילו בדמוקרטיות מבוססות, לכדי תנועות המונים פשיסטיות שתופסות את השלטון. במאמרי "הערות בשולי מאמרו של זאב שטרנהל" ("הארץ", 15.7) הצבעתי על כך, כי בשלוש המדינות האירופיות הגדולות — גרמניה, איטליה, צרפת — עלו משטרים פשיסטיים בתקופות של מפלה צבאית ומדינית, כאשר חלקים נרחבים של אזרחי אותן מדינות ראו את עצמם ואת מדינתם פגועים, חבולים ומנודים.

תופעה זו התרחשה גם במדינות אחרות: בהונגריה עלה לשלטון המשטר הלאומני, האוטוריטרי והחצי־פשיסטי של אדמירל מיקלוש הורטי לאחר שחוזה השלום של טריאנון קרע ממנה שני שלישים משטחה והותיר מיליוני הונגרים אתניים בשטחי רומניה, צ'כוסלובקיה ויוגוסלביה. גם המהפכה הקומוניסטית קצרת הימים של בלה קוּן תרמה לתחושת החרדה וההשפלה, וחלקם הבולט של יהודים במהפכה עודד את הנימות האנטישמיות שרווחו בהונגריה כבר מסוף המאה ה–19. באוסטריה עלה לשלטון משטר קלריקלי־פשיסטי בראשות דולפוס ושושניג לאחר שמה שנותר מהאימפריה ההאבסבורגית בצורת אוסטריה העצמאית היה כברת ארץ קטנה וחלשה.

כך היה גם במדינות אחרות: ביוון עלה לשלטון בשנות ה–30 הגנרל יואניס מֶטָאקסס בעקבות המפלה הנוראה שספגו היוונים מידי הטורקים, שניפצה את חלום "יוון הגדולה" והציפה אותה בהמוני פליטים מאזורים באסיה הקטנה שהיו מיושבים ביוונים מאות ואלפי שנים. ברומניה עלה לשלטון "משמר הברזל" הפשיסטי ב–1940 רק לאחר שבעקבות הסכמי מולוטוב־ריבנטרופ ולחץ גרמני סיפחה ברית המועצות את בסרביה וחלקים מבוקובינה, וחלקים מטרנסילבניה סופחו להונגריה. בכל המדינות הללו צמחו אידיאולוגיות של ימין רדיקלי וגזעני עשרות שנים קודם לכן, אבל הן הגיעו לעוצמה פוליטית ולשלטון רק כאשר המדינות הוכו, נוצחו והושפלו.

יש לזכור, כי הפשיזם איננו סתם ביטוי ללאומנות שתלטנית: הוא תגובה אלימה וכוחנית של חברות פגועות ומוחלשות. טראמפ איננו פשיסט, אבל העובדה שהוא פונה לתחושות העלבון וההשפלה של לבנים ממעמד הפועלים ומהמעמד הבינוני הנמוך בארצות הברית היא בלא ספק מדאיגה.

כל זה מעיד על תמונה מורכבת, שבה עליית משטרים פשיסטיים איננה המשך דטרמיניסטי וידוע מראש של לאומנות רדיקלית. בהקשר זה חשוב שוב להעמיד על דיוקם דברים הקשורים ליוהאן גוטפריד הרדר ואדמונד ברק, שעליהם מצביע שטרנהל בשני מאמריו בנושא — ובצדק — כאבות הלאומיות המודרנית מחד גיסא והשמרנות המודרנית מאידך גיסא ("המהפכה התרבותית היא רק ההתחלה", ו"חולשה רעיונית גוררת תבוסה פוליטית", "הארץ", 8.7 ו–22.7).

גם כאן חשוב להזכיר לא רק את ההיבט האידיאי, אלא גם את ההקשר הפוליטי. כאשר הרדר טען, בשם העקרונות האוניוורסליים של הנאורות, שיש לכבד את המסורות התרבותיות, החברתיות והלשוניות של כל העמים, הדברים נאמרו בהקשר של ההגמוניה הפוליטית בצרפת במאה ה–18, שהיתה אז המדינה החזקה ביותר באירופה וניסתה — אם כי לא בהצלחה — להשתלט גם על ספרד. לעוצמה הפוליטית הזאת נלוותה גם טענה בדבר הגמוניזם תרבותי וראייה של התרבות הצרפתית כעליונה על התרבויות האחרות — עמדה שדוברי הנאורות הצרפתית היו שותפים לה.

באותה תקופה גרמניה לא התקיימה כמדינה; היא היתה מפוצלת למדינות ו"מדינונות" קטנות וחסרה כל עוצמה מדינית וצבאית. הרדר לא תבע להקים מדינת־לאום גרמנית, אלא טען, כי גם בהעדר עוצמה מדינית יש מקום לכבד את המסורת התרבותית והלשונית הגרמנית. זו גם הסיבה לכך שהעריך כל כך את תרומת העם היהודי להיסטוריה העולמית והדגיש, כי תרומתו — הנבואה, השירה, המוסר — לא היתה מלווה בעוצמה מדינית, אלא להיפך, נעשתה תוך כדי התרסה כלפי שלטון עריץ. לימים שימשו עקרונות הרדריאניים אלה כלי נשק בידי תנועות לאומיות, שבחלקן — בפולין, בצ'כיה ועוד — הפנו את טיעוני הרדר דווקא נגד פרוסיה וגרמניה.

לא כל תביעה לכבד מסורת לאומית מתגלגלת ללאומנות בוטה, ויש לזכור, כי דווקא בשם עקרונות החירות של המהפכה הצרפתית ניסתה צרפת להשתלט על כל אירופה, תחת שרביטו הצבאי של נפוליאון.

זה חל גם על ההשקפות של ברק. שטרנהל מציין בצדק, כי בתמיכתו בזכות האירים והמושבות בצפון אמריקה, וגם במשפטים שיזם נגד מושלים בריטים חמסנים בהודו, לא נזקק ברק בדרך כלל לטענת הזכויות הטבעיות; אלא ביסס את עמדותיו על הצורך לקיים את החוק הפוזיטיבי וביקר את השלטונות הבריטיים על פגיעתם בזכויות הקיימות של התושבים המקומיים. זה נכון בדרך כלל, אם כי בטיעוניו נגד המושל הבריטי בהודו, וורן הייסטינגס, נזקק ברק גם למה שמכונה בפיו עקרונות כלליים.

אבל גם אם ברק לא נזקק למשפט הטבע, מה פגום בכך שעמד לצד הנרדפים והמדוכאים? הרי בשם עקרונות המשפט הטבעי, כפי שבאו לידי ביטוי בתורה של ג'ון לוק, הצדיקו המתיישבים האנגלים באמריקה את כיבושיהם. זאת ועוד, אילו היה ברק חי בתוכנו והיה מתנגד לנישול של פלסטינים בשטחים מאדמותיהם, או של בדואים בנגב, לא בשם משפט הטבע אלא בשם הזכויות המשפטיות שהם מחזיקים בהן — האם היה זה פסול?

לא הכל צריך להידחק למיטת סדום של השקפה אחת, כי יש יותר מעיקרון אחד התומך בחירות ובזכויות הפרט. אין הכרח להתיישר על פי העקרונות המופשטים של הנאורות הצרפתית, שהביאו, בפירוש מסוים, לדיקטטורה היעקובינית ולמשטר הטרור של רובספייר. ההיסטוריה אכן איננה רק מלחמת בני אור בבני חושך, ובבית של החירות יש יותר מאשר חדר אחד.

It's in Hebrew but you can try and google translate it.
This article basically compares Netanyahu and Likud to Fascism.
Say whatever you want, but the media here aren't Netanyahu's bitches.

Apart from that woman pilot, there were a lot more pilots who chose to refuse orders, and yes, of course they got punished, that's how the army works. It's fucked up, but everywhere in the world armies work in the same manner. You do what you told or you get fucked.
I was half an year in The army's flight course, until I got kicked out. One of the things they taught us, is that in some circumstances refusing an order is the right thing to do.

My point is, on the other side of the border, there are people who live their lives just like you do. Most of them don't care about politics, wars etc... They just wanna live their lives in peace and be left alone.
Most of them are not monsters like some people would like you to believe, that's it.

Yeah here too nobody cares about politics especially christians they are sided of course but nobody brings politics when talking or anything although both sides went to war with each other in the civil war, you can see both supporters with each other drinking,partying ...
You can see most lebanese in clubs , beach parties and everywhere we love life and enjoying life in every way . Just youtube lebanon beach parties and see by yourself.
But what most lebanese are extremist to is the lebanese army. If something happens to the army every person will be armed and fight with them . It is actually a red line.
All lebanese people sided with hezbollah in 2006 just because israel bombed the army but now it would even be worse since the army is the only true defender of lebanon against Isis and saved lebanese many times from terrorist attacks .

It's not fair for the regular folks but if you vote a terrorist org in as your Government you should expect to get bombed every now and then.

So when do we bomb Israel for voting in the irgun

Israel was attacked and thus the Palestinian horde poured into Lebanon when they defended themselves. The thinking of most Lebanese Christians yes was influenced by the mass angry bees of Islam. That was my point.

'Israel was attacked'? The Palestinians fled in late 1947 to early 1948, during the civil war in the Mandate, before there was an Israel. The Palestinians who fled had lived there for many centuries. Those who didn't flee were actively expelled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947–48_Civil_War_in_Mandatory_Palestine

European Jews and non-Palestinian Arabs were swarming into the region to fight and support their respective sides of the Civil War. And this is the Lebanese complaint, that what had been a peaceful, albeit shitty and relatively unpopulated backwater, was thrown into a ferocious ethnic conflict by the Zionist effort to immigrate huge new Jewish populations into Israel and build a new Jewish state. An endless proxxy combat was born on their southern border as a result.

It would be as if millions of Sunni Arabs started pouring into Mexico now and attempting to build an Islamic State there. Regardless of who wins or loses the ensuing conflict, we as Americans would be beyond appalled.

Israel is a damn sight better country than any of its neighbors in my book, but if you roll back the clock to 1920s Lebanon, you should be able to grasp why the Zionist project was an immense debacle for the Lebanese .... who could have foreseen that pouring in hundreds of thousands of Jewish settlers with the dream of fighting to establish a new Jewish state to their South would have resulted in horrible consequences for all its neighbors?

So you would rather have family members slaughtered in the future? Because you can let go of the past?
Because if you dont change your attitude towards Israel that is what will happen.

What attitude are you that illiterate? Lebanon is not a "muslim" state, its not part of the arab league and has never declared war on Israel.

A shitload of palestinians were dumped on Lebanon thanks to Israel and they are the ones who have started beef with Israel.

I think you mistake Lebanon for your run of the mill arab shithole, even with all the constant war Lebanon is a developed country, if it had not been thorougly fucked over and over again it would be a first world country and even to this day they are still used as refugee dumspter by everyone, Lebanon has taken almost a million of Syrian refugees, how many has Israel taken again?

Apparently you are ok with Christian countries being refugee dumpsters and victims of terrorism, but Israel is too good for them right?

Maybe to make this simpler: My wife's best friend is Palestinian Christian. Her family was expelled from her village in Palestine by the Jews during the Civil War; their family had lived there for centuries (ZOMG you mean the Jewish militants weren't friendly towards Christian Palestinians?).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiramis_Hotel_bombing

Can you perhaps grasp why the Christians living in the region (Lebanon and Palestine alike), who had been there for many centuries, might have preferred to avoid an epochal religious war being imposed on them, largely by foreigners? It's not because they love Muslims, it's because they love not having hordes of religious zealots pouring in -- whether European Jewish or Muslim Arab -- and initiating yet another crazed fanatical war for religio-ethnic supremacy in the Holy Land.

The christians in Lebanon cant do much because thanks to Israel they dont have the political power they once had.

Also the fact that you believe that Lebanon is an enemy of Israel and that has attacked Israel just shows how good work the media has done into brainwashing people.

Christians are the true victims here, but Israel loves to portray the zone as all muslims to justify their actions.

For example Christian palestinian getting evicted from farms to make room for jewish settlers, not a peep from newsmedia because they know that if people realized the persecution of christians in the region that would be completely undefendible to the general american public.

Back