RIO 2016 Lebenese won't share bus with Jews

Sounds like the Olympic folks caved to the Lebenese team, which is shameful.

Fucking racist Jews. Ban Israel!

They should have made the lesbian team walk to the ceremony. That would teach them

Further reading sounds like it was to avoid fisticuffs, which is the right call.

Further reading sounds like it was to avoid fisticuffs, which is the right call.

It reads that the Lebanese team effectively said 'we don't want them on this bus with us, and if they try and come on, we'll fight them', and the Olympic solution was to agree, send the Lebanese team on their way, and call a second bus for the Israeli team.

If the Lebanese team didn't want to ride on that bus, they should have gotten off of it and waited for another, and if they were unwilling to allow another team to board the bus (that both of them have equal right to) that they were threatening violence? They should have been kicked from the entire competition.

It reads that the Lebanese team effectively said 'we don't want them on this bus with us, and if they try and come on, we'll fight them', and the Olympic solution was to agree, send the Lebanese team on their way, and call a second bus for the Israeli team.

If the Lebanese team didn't want to ride on that bus, they should have gotten off of it and waited for another, and if they were unwilling to allow another team to board the bus (that both of them have equal right to) that they were threatening violence? They should have been kicked from the entire competition.

If they thretened violence they really should have been thrown out of the buss and deported immediately and blacklisted by the Olympic community.

To be honest, they should have expected this and scheduled transport accordingly.

The countries are at war,

Not what I read. I would agree in that case.

But then again, I can't blame them for the path of least resistence. Hosting the Olympics had to be a clusterfucking logistical nightmare for everyone doing the actual work.

If they thretened violence they really should have been thrown out of the buss and deported immediately and blacklisted by the Olympic community.

It's very possible the scenario I read and wrote isn't correct, there isn't much detailed information right now.

However, if Team A refuses to let Team B on a bus/into a building/onto a venue or any other part of the Olympic infrastructure and the Olympic officials are unwilling to force the issue for Team B because they fear violence from Team A, then Team A needs to be warned, their handlers need to be told that such actions are not permittable, and if they happen again, Team A needs to be booted out, regardless of which country is which.

That, of course, would be if the Olympics had any actual character to them, which I think most would agree that they don't and haven't for some time (probably their last admirable act was banning South Africa for participating while having their apartheid system).

isn't traveling with the israeli team be more dangerous, since they may be a target of terrorism?

Sounds like the people at the Olympics are the same people running DePaul University.

I hope Israel beats every Muslim-majority country they play in every sport. The jimmie rustling would be legendary.

<19>{<jimmies}

I hope Israel beats every Muslim-majority country they play in every sport. The jimmie rustling would be legendary.

<19>{<jimmies}
i can't imagine this is too difficult. most muslim-majority countries are terrible at sports. maybe iran would beat it though.

Yup.

i can't imagine this is too difficult. most muslim-majority countries are terrible at sports. maybe iran would beat it though.

I was thinking the same thing. Iran for wrestling, Turkey for wrestling, and maybe Morocco in track. Other than that, the best athletes in Muslim countries are foreigners they pay to get fast-tracked to citizenship to compete for them on the world stage. Hasidic Jews have no chance against imported explosive Bahrainis, Joe.

Not surprising, there are still a lot of hash feelings in Lebanon towards Israel, they were last at war in 2006. Hell, even the Lebanese Christians I've talked to still don't like Israel, for perspective Christians make up 40% of the population of Lebanon and 97% of Lebanese people view Jews negatively.

<19>{<jimmies}

They're doing this in every life metric except birth-rate so it doesn't seem like a stretch.

Back