Ringworm...

Stay off the mat atleast for a week!!
I hate people who wrestle/grapple with ringworm they really disgusting

Frodo said:
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! THIS IS NOT PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. CONSULT WITH A DOCTOR OR PROFESSIONAL ATHLETIC TRAINER FIRST!!!

Dude don't use duck tape. You'll be sorry! Use athletic tape or even better stretchy athletic tape. I recommend "Mueller Tear-light Lightweight Elastic Tape" which is around $2.00 a roll. But still make sure you competely cover it and tell everyone you roll with about it and they should shower afterward with anti-bacterial soap (you too). I was a student athletic trainer in high school.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! THIS IS NOT PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. CONSULT WITH A DOCTOR OR PROFESSIONAL ATHLETIC TRAINER FIRST!!!

Yah, but is that professional medical advice??

I'm just gettin over another bout of ringworm. Why did I catch it again? Because people at my school still train while the have ringworm. It sucks!

hm_madden_image.jpg

BOOM!

Stay off the mat till its gone.

Envious said:
Yah, but is that professional medical advice??

I'm just gettin over another bout of ringworm. Why did I catch it again? Because people at my school still train while the have ringworm. It sucks!
LOL. Sorry I'm paranoid. Correct: you should always tell everyone that you have ringworm, so they can make the decision to roll with you or not. Also, the persons in charge of the mats should be washing them with bleach after every practice whether or not anyone has ringworm.

I started to train this past November and actually got ring worm from my first two classes! I didn't really check myself for spots either because I had only gone for two classes. A week had passed and I was over at a buddy's place just doing some drills, and he noticed ringorm on my bottom right forearm, it was pretty bad already.

It took about a month to get rid of. Really sucked, I couldnt' train during that period. Quite a mental blow, I have nightmares about ring worm now.

I got it around Christmas, a girl came to our club (she first started in the summer) and she gave the instructor and another guy ringworm. She left town for university, came back at christmas and a couple days later I got ringworm. My instuctor got it also for the second time from her lol.

It was a pain in the ass I couldn't train for a week and a half.

I just used some antifungal cream and it went away after a week.

Back