Ringworm

Waldorf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've done BJJ for about 3 years and never had any skin problems. I seldom travel for work, but did last week so I didn't train at all. Last night while sleeping I notice an itch on my face and then this morning I have ring worm on my chin! So I go years grappling and don't get anything, and a week in a hotel room and I pickup something up, making me think they were to cheap to wash all the towels or sheets or something. Now a week lay off is extended longer than that. There are much worse lots in life, but I had to rant a little.

I picked up some antifungal cream. Any one else have other tips on treating it? I'm not really keen on putting bleach on my face.

Prescription cream - Oxistat. Will knock it out in half the time of anything over the counter.

Prescription creams are always the best way to go.

Yep, I'll second that. I stuck with over the counter stuff for years (which will work, eventually) until I had a really bad breakout. Got some prescription and it killed in days what OTC stuff could only keep in check.

Make the trip to the doc. It's worth it.

Ertaczo...works like a charm. It is not OTC though.

A wrestling coach told me Right Guard deodorant spray clears it about as fast as bleach does. Haven't had to try it myself though.

Get some Lotrimin ultra (apply once per day) in addition to just regular lotrimin (apply twice per day). Wash the area with a tea-tree oil soap or Defense soap before each application of the stuff. Let the soap sit on your skin for 30 seconds or so before washing it off. Keep using the lotrimin several weeks after the ringworm disappears. Buy some disposable razors and throw away your razor after each use (until after the ringworm disappears). You might also want to wash your pillow case on a daily basis for a while.

Damn that sucks. I'd see a doctor, the OTC stuff takes a lot longer.

Back